News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

For the Throne - Discussion

Started by The Skarzs, February 19, 2016, 06:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

Just wondering: how many seasons has Kraoleck been in power?  I've got my character almost completely developed, but I need to know this. :P

Never mind.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Hickory

Name: Rusk Streamdiver
Species: Otter
Weapons: (Only if they are part of King Kraoleck's army or part of the rebels.) Otter javelin
Occupation: Second-in-Command of the resistance, also the owner of a commercial armory often used by Kraoleck for new weapons.
Appearance: An aging otter, Rusk had some grey hairs but maintains the old gleam in his eyes. Blue irises are the highlight of the otter's face, but his rudder is probably the most damaged part of his whole body. Scarred by fighting and the type of work he does, Rusk hides his scars while in civilian pose by keeping a realistic cloth cover on his rudder, making it look good as new.
Personality: A jolly sort of otter, as most go, Rusk is still deadly with a sling and even deadlier with his trusty throwing javelin. He despised Kraoleck and his reign, witnessing many killings in his resistance lifetime. His line of work includes many deals with the filthy Moniters, and he keeps a straight face when speaking to any of the tyrant's forces.
History: (Optional) Meh, I'll probably reveal it later. (If that's okay)
Other: N/A

By the way, I'm planning for making him die. If anybody else has a resistance character (besides Corn) than maybe that charrie cold be promoted? (Not trying to make plans here, just suggesting)
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Edit: Finished below.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Jukka the Sling

Lady Ennalee Silvertail

Name:  Lady Ennalee Silvertail
Species:  Stoat
Occupation:  Landowner.  She owns a moderately-sized farm that employs about thirty workers.
Appearance: Ennalee is slim and tan-furred, with a streak of white running down her left forearm.  Besides her vivid green eyes, she is not exactly pretty, just plain-looking.  She does not actually have a silver tail; it's a family name that refers to some distant ancestor.  Even though Ennalee has a rather well-to-do position, she usually wears simple clothes.  Generally it's a dark blue tunic tied with a black sash.

Personality:  Ennalee has strong convictions but is too afraid to speak her mind about them.  She hates Kraoleck with a helpless hatred and wishes things were as they were in her childhood, when everything was free and right.  She hasn't dared to seek out the Resistance after what occurred seasons ago.  She is somewhat serious-natured, goes for lots of walks around the surrounding area, and reads a lot to drown out reality.  Ennalee doesn't really care about titles and rank - she prefers not to be called Lady.

Life often feels hopeless because of her all-consuming helplessness and fear of reprisal if she ever tried to take a stand, so she tries not to think about the current situation more than she can help it.  Sometimes she wonders if it was something she did that caused her father's death: maybe she gave away his Resistance involvement all those seasons ago by something she let slip accidentally.  That thought hurts her horribly.

Now, whispers are going around her farm about one or two workers who might be involved with the Resistance.  She has ignored the rumors... so far.

History:  When the monitor lizard took over Sarahadoron several seasons ago, her father, just a regular woodlander, wisely pretended to swear fealty to him (seeing that open resistance was futile) and received a farm in return.  Secretly, however, he got involved with the Resistance, helping to provide weapons and making plans.  Ennalee, his only family, sometimes helped with this, but she never met with any other Resistance members.  Somehow the king found out about her father's involvement, but Ennalee and her father lived in blissful ignorance of this for quite a while.  Then one day, when Ennalee was in her mid-teens, soldiers appeared and dragged her father outside, demanding information on the Resistance.  When he stubbornly refused to say a word, the soldiers dragged Ennalee and the house servants out too, threatening to execute them one by one until he told them what they wanted.  Faced with this, Ennalee's father finally answered, but twisted the truth slightly to protect the Resistance members (as might be expected).  The soldiers seemed to buy it, but then shoved him roughly to the ground and beheaded him on the spot as a public example of what would happen to those who rebelled.  Ennalee saw it all, and it scarred her.  The repercussions of this trauma still affect her in ways she doesn't even consciously recognize.  After this, the soldiers made her swear fealty to Kraoleck or die as well; she bitterly swore it and remained as the new landowner in her father's place.

Other:  Her name is pronounced similar to Emily.  Those who know her well often call her Enna.  She is one of the few landowners to actually make a serious effort to treat the workers on her farm well, though she rarely oversees them personally.
[close]

Man, I feel so sorry for her, and I invented her... *awkward*

Tell me if there's anything I need to tweak.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

LT Sandpaw

Hey Jukka would it be okay with you if I changed Linty's Bio a bunch little so she works on Ennalee's farm?

Jukka the Sling

The Skarzs

Wow, you guys certainly made a few characters while I was forging. :P All look good; accepted.

Now I need to get my own made. . . And yes, I will be taking Kraoleck. (You all have kind of made a personality for him without my help.)

EDIT: Characters made. Feel free to take a look at them, if you wish. They are in the first post.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

How many days until the RP? I'm so excited.

@Corn is it alright if Hazel and Tredian are friends?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LT Sandpaw

Alright this is Linty revised. A bunch has changed so if you are like me and read every single Bio then you'll wanna reread hers. Though the basic personality and story is pretty much the same.

Linty

Name: Linty
Species: Rat
Weapons: None

Appearance: A small undersized creature with a thin face and furless tail Linty isn't a typical rat. Her worn often dusty smock is stained but well repaired with several patches. Her dark brown fur is very ragged and spiky sticking up unwantedly, so she is constantly smoothing it down. Her footpaws are wrapped up as a pitiful excuses for shoes as her line of work often transitions between the house and the fields. Linty's front paws are protected by clawless gloves she takes on and off when required.

Personality: Highly adventurous Linty is often trying to explore and roam the streets of her home settlement, and Lady Silvertail's land boundaries. She is very inquisitive and slightly fascinated with wounds. Her desire to become a healer is often thwarted by the long work hours in the fields or cleaning in the house. She has a good head for heights, and enjoys the riskier more dangerous tasks when they're available. Often she dreams of doing something important however it is doubtful that she ever will with her current life situation.

History: Orphaned at birth the newborn rat was left by its parents and taken in by one of Lady Silvertail's house servants who raised Linty to do work wherever she was needed. Linty was at first true to her species and resented the hard work, but as she grew slightly older, and a few whippings from her caretaker she became more responsible.
During Silvertail's father's execution she and her adopted caretaker were some of the servants dragged out and threatened. After the event Milly 'Linty's caretaker' began sending her to do more things out in the field hoping to protect the young rat incase the soldiers come back. However Linty could occasionally been seen working around the house.

Other: Linty works for Lady Ennalee Silvertail and is bound to her by law. She is a sort of serf and owes everything she has to the Stoat.
[close]

The Skarzs

Quote from: Lord Ashenwyte on February 24, 2016, 07:11:48 AM
How many days until the RP? I'm so excited.
Pretty soon, hopefully today.

I'm going to close sign-ups now; I appreciate how many have joined, but if we get too many, it'll become confusing.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Conrad the Painless

"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Jukka the Sling

Hey, Skarzs, Amber said she wanted to join.  Is she still allowed to?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Skarzs on February 23, 2016, 10:44:48 PM
@Corn, Conrad, and Ash: Characters accepted.

I'll make my own characters and have them on the first post, then get this RP started. Sound good to you all?

Thanks and AWESOME!

Lady Amber

Quote from: Skarzs on February 24, 2016, 10:03:36 PM
She can be the absolute last one.
Thanks!

Aydin
Name: Aydin

Species: River otter

Weapons: A dagger and two short swords

Appearance: Aydin is moderately good-looking. He has dark brown fur and a scar on his left cheek, where the fur grew back lighter than the rest. His attire consists of a dark blue tunic, a brown belt, in which he sheaths his dagger, and a pair of brown boots. He keeps his two short swords sheathed on his back, concealed by a black cloak.

Personality: Aydin hates Kraoleck with a passion, because his parents were killed by his soldiers. He is staunchly loyal and can be counted on. He isn't very talkative with strangers, but once he gets to know someone he is known to talk more. He can be rather bold at times, as well.

History: When Aydin was younger, his parents were servants of the King. They attempted to defend themselves when Kraoleck came, but were cut down. Aydin himself managed to escape with his life. He then joined with the Resistance, planning to avenge his parents' deaths.

Other: n/a
[close]

I'll probably add some sort of last name once I think of one.