News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Eagles Tears

Started by Leatho Shellhound, March 28, 2016, 02:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Ashenwyte

Falling Flower strode through the camp, beasts hurrying out of his way.  The badger was furious as never before, for he had admired the Chief and his death was far too similar to what had happened all those years ago. He chastised himself mentally for bringing back memories of that day, and was shaken out of his reverie by a young pine marten bumping into him.
                                                                                                                                                                      "What do you want, young one?" He growled, clenching the haft of his tomahawk harder.

OOC: Sorry for the little PPing there.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Ashleg

OOC-
It's fine. ;D
IC-
Fishpaw frowned, eyeing the badger carefully.
"I dono, what do you want, eh? Outta my way." He snorted and stepped around the badger, making his way over to the slightly younger Namas.

Dotti Dillworthy

Harkahome eyed the armadillo called Groth with curious eyes, hoping to be handed with some foreign drink. "Hey, Silver Shield! How's your day? Can ye have some drink from you, if you please?" He was interrupted by a sudden slap across his arm, and it turned out to be the prairie dogmaid herself! She had been obviously finished from stacking, and she had come to analyze the happenings of the others, perhaps to be fit in or judge them if she could.

"Greetings, Silver Shield!" she smiled as she introduced herself. "I am Milk-of-Moon from the Tribe of the Silver Creek. I have come for your strange drink, which I guess it belongs to my tribe. Hand me just one beaker of it, and the spirits will be pleased with you."

(OOC: For your information, "Silver Shield" was the name they made up for Groth.)

LT Sandpaw

Spotting Fishpaw's approach Namas pushed past two of the chanting warriors joining the pine marten. Laughing he thumped his chest grinning like a wild thing.

"Ready for a good hunt Fish?" He asked having to crane his neck slightly to look into Fishpaw's eyes. He was small for an ocelot, but it didn't usually bother him.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

"Yeah, yeah, sure." Fishpaw said, gazing about.
"Though on a day like t'day, there's nothin' better t' do than sleep as long as ya wish. Couldn't old Eagles Tears hold this later...I'd hold it later."

Blaggut

Groth nodded "Aye, I'll get 'ee a beaker of it roight quick". 'Silver Shield' filled up a beaker that was hanging off his barrel, filling it top of the forest glass container, handling it over, some of the foam falling to the dirt from the drunken armadillo's drunken movement. "I ought to 'dad back to House Thistledown or Camp Tussock soon, but I'd feel like a sour stoat if I din't 'ell get 'ee kiddo back. S'pose I ought to come along." He poured himself a hefty dose of strawberry fizz with rum, sending the strange mixture down his gullet with a swift movement of wrist and jaw, the stuff dissapearing quite rapidly. He lazily eyed his quickly depleting supply with slight worry, shrugging it off and hoping they stopped at some civilized community in their quest.

((When do we head off?))
~Just a soft space boi~

Lady Ashenwyte

Falling Flower looked at the pine marten with disdain and walked on towards Eagle's Tears.

"The old chieftain was a competent leader and his rule was benevolent. I hope you carry on his legacy, Chief" He said.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Dotti Dillworthy

Milk-of-Moon took the beaker from the armadillo's paws and tasted the strange drink. It tasted nothing like she had tasted, indeed, but it was very sweet and appealing. However, she could not finish it any further; instead, she poured a little of it into Harkahome's outstretched paws and stowed it away behind her.

With a sense of pride, she marched towards Fishpaw and Namas, hoping to demonstrate them with some of her best war-like abilities.

Ashleg

"Hey, Namas, lookit this!" Fishpaw snickered, turning round to face Milk-of-Moon.
"My, my. I've never understood prairie dogs." He said, shaking his head mockingly. "Wonder what she's gonna do?"

Leatho Shellhound

The otter warrior looked around at those assembled, and nodded in appreciation to Falling Flower kind words. He mentally noted to himself to add the badger in his party.

"Noble Indians, brothers of the hunt. We will go in two parties, the first will be lead by this wise warrior Mostsqueh. Under his guidence will be those of the Nahuatl, Fishpaw, Milk-of-Moon, Harkahome, and Tussock for youngsters need good eating. You will travel fast and long, cutting the raiders off.

I am sorry Chosovi, but I need you with me, as well as Falling Flower, and who ever else we might pick up along the way."

He was thinking of the two creatures he had seen earlier in the morning on the ridge.

"My party will come at them straight, I trust Mostsqueh can piont us the way. The others will only prevent them from going farther, not to engage untill we do. Good hunting all, remember our first priority is to see our future chief safe."

And with that he lept down and joined in the war dance with the elders.

OOC: The first party may begin, try to make it challenging, and build your characters. There will be a few days traveling and camping ahead. My party will take off at my next post, I hope by then the coyotes will have joined us, feel free to further interact.

Also talk about your surroundings and terrain.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Gonff the Mousethief

The Jack Rabbit nodded to his chief's orders then looked around at who would be in his party. A wind of disgust fell over him as he saw the ones appointed under him. It was especially the drunken armadillo who he held a grudge against the most. What good could he be in a hunting party? At least there was the chipmunk who had some sense. Much more than any other the others. Oh well, the earth stated what it had. Today would be the start of a good hunt.

Mostsqueh turned to Eagle Tear and and pulled a feather from the top of his fox-head hood. With grace, and bowed and bestowed it upon his new leader. "Good hunt. The Earth never lie." With that, he motioned for his group to gather around him before they started off. "Okay. Here is plan. We move up and along this ridge following canyon. From there, we try to push ahead of Vickbald. If we cannot get there in time, then we must press hard through canyon. Alright? The earth says today will be the start of a good hunt, and the earth never lie." He turned his head all the way to accommodate for his blind eye. Before he gave a chance for reply, he swing his tomahawk like a botan and held it ready for action.

OOC: Hope this alright Leatho.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

LT Sandpaw

Grinning awkwardly Namas scratched behind his ear not sure how to respond to Fishpaw. Both Milk-of-Moon and Fishpaw were his friends, and laughing for one at the expense of the other didn't come across well. Deciding to side with the older Fishpaw Namas let out a half chuckle while smiling apologetically at the prairie dog.

Eagle Tears voice silenced any continuing banter. Turning to listen, the ocelot gave his full attention to the otter leader. Once he was done Namas looked over the war party satisfied with their group. He was paired with Fishpaw, Milk, and the jack rabbit Mostsqueh. Along with the armadillo they called Tussock, and Milk's guardian Harkahome.

"A good hunt!" Namas chorused lifting his unstrung bow over his head. Inching over to Fishpaw and Milk he whispered hoping the jack rabbit wouldn't hear. "He looks like a warrior brave no? He has many scars from battles, methinks he will lead us well?" The comment was more of a question, Namas was trying to see what his two friends considered of the jack rabbit before conforming his opinion to theirs.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Ashleg

"No..." Fishpaw smirked and snorted, as if to hold back some stream of laughter that threatened to spill out. "Lookit that blind eye of his. He has many scars because he probably trips an' falls on everything that jumps in his path. Just watch." Crouching low and taking a stealthy few steps forward, the sandy-furred pine marten leapt out in front of Mortsqueh with a mock snarl on his face.
"Boo!"

Chosovi watched from a distance, unamused. Fishpaw didn't have tribe blood, nor anything close to it...and despite his elders' resistance, he'd insisted that they adopt him.
Every once in a while, he wondered if he'd made the right choice. Of course I have! He's my son.
The otter cast one last glance over his shoulder before following after the Chief.
"The young one must grow up one day..."

Gonff the Mousethief

The Jack Rabbit responded quickly. He lept up, doing a flip in the air and landing behind Fishpaw. With a flash he had the pine marten flat on the ground with the handle of his tomahawk pressed against his throat. The axe heads reflected the torn and blinded face of Mostsqueh as he smiled at his approacher. "You and stupid you are. You follow leader, not scare." He lifted Fishpaw up made him look directly in his blind eye. "I see all, even if you can't see it." Once more, he flung the marten to the ground, and gave a small wink to Namas.

OOC: There was a lot of PP-I got there Ashleg. I can change it if needed.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Ashleg

OOC-
Nah. You're good. ;3
IC-
Fishpaw groaned and picked himself up, eyes blazing.
"Don't do that! Yore going to bend my earrings!" The marten snapped, dusting off his tunic. He then shot a glare at Namas before scampering up beside him and curling his claws in threateningly. "An' don't you dare laugh," he huffed. "I'd rather be anywhere but stuck here doin' this. Stupid elders...stupid Eagles Tears."