News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Webcomics

Started by Aimless Gallivanter, March 29, 2016, 04:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aimless Gallivanter

At first this topic was just an excuse for me to gush about my favorite webcomic,
but then I saw there really wasn't any place for anything like this, so this topic is actually a place for ALL of us to gush about our favorite webcomics  ;D
Im always looking for new stuff to read! So let's share, eh?

Prague Race
AWESOME ART AWESOME STORY AWESOME CHARACTERS PLEASE READ
"Prague Race is a comedy horror story, and it offers a softly satirical views of the fantasy genre. It might have some heavy imaginery, and it's not suitable for minors or sensitive readers!"
Honestly though, it's not really horror like spooky scary things, but its got monsters and stuff. It's really good. I'm sorry I'm awful at explaining plot.
http://www.praguerace.com/comic/start

Monsterkind
"Monsterkind is a story about humans and monsters living in a country ruled by segregation and inequality. Monsters are treated as second class citizens, and are not allowed in certain areas of the country- especially those inhabited by wealthier humans.

Wallace Foster is a human who has just been transferred into District C of Fairway. He has never lived among monsters until now, but he's quickly realizing that they aren't as bad as everyone has made them out to be.

Change and progression have never come easy in this backwards world, but perhaps Wallace can help close the gap between human and monsterkind and bring the two together in harmony. He'll at least try."
http://monsterkind.enenkay.com/comic/first

Girl Genius
STEAMPUNK. This one is huge, and still going, and its funny and great and I love it. It's got a special quirkiness, you can tell the author's really love what they do.
ADVENTURE ROMANCE MAD SCIENCE!
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20021104#.VvnuQOIrJdg

Paranatural
It's really funny and I love it!
"Paranatural is a comedy/action comic about a group of superpowered middle schoolers fighting evil spirits and investigating paranormal activity in their hometown."
(the author/artist of Paranatural is dating the author/writer of Monsterkind :) )
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-1

Zoophobia
Not to be confused with the new Disney movie ;)
Cameron, desperate for a new job, promises she'll go anywhere. She ends up getting way more than what she bargained for.
http://zoophobiacomic.com/post/127351123949
Cool so that's that. Feel free to recommend your faves!!
im gay!!!!!!

The Skarzs

You like Girl Genius too? That webcomic is awesome! (And the castle is equally awesome.)

One comic I know that is enjoyable is called Free Fall. It's been going since 1998, so it has quite a few references that younger readers wouldn't necessarily get. It's set up in a three panel comic strip format, so every strip usually has it's own humor in addition to the ongoing story. They update on Wednesday and Friday, I believe. http://freefall.purrsia.com/ffdex.htm
Short gist: An incompetent alien in an environment suit and his robot need and engineer to help them get their ship flying. . . But the engineer they get isn't a petty crook like they are, and is a biologically engineered animal that will bring them in and out of trouble.

Jet might say this one, but:
Looking for Group is a fantasy webcomic based on World of Warcraft, centered around an elf trying to do the right thing. A warlock, a mage, and a minotaur are his companions, through trial and error, humor and comedic tragedy.
http://www.lfg.co
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

Hmm, Cyanide and Happiness gets some laughs, but it isn't very appropriate, so don't go there if you don't like all them standard adult themes and things. Extra Fabulous Comics was also pretty good.

Jetthebinturong

I second recommendations for Paranatural and Looking For Group.

I also recommend Namesake:
http://namesakecomic.com/comic/the-journey-begins
It's about these people called Namesakes who share the names of fictional protagonists and get sucked into the story to make sure it goes the right way. So why has Emma Crewe been sucked into Oz to take the role of Dorothy? And who are the mysterious Rippers that are buying people's names? Something is not right here.

I imagine everyone knows what Homestuck is by now but to reiterate; Homestuck is about four thirteen year-old children who play a game which none of them know anything about. As it turns out, the game is an immersive simulation game that allows the players to manipulate the real world. It just so happens that the game also summons meteors to decimate the planet and the protagonists have to escape into the game itself. That's really all I can say without too many spoilers and without it getting confusing.

"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Aimless Gallivanter

I forgot to say NEO-KOSMOS
Its this great sci-fi comic, set up similarly to Homestuck but its way newer and different.
"NEOKOSMOS is a sci-fi adventure webcomic about kids in space. The format is inspired by adventure games, MSPA, and animation. Our goal with NEOKOSMOS is to approach comic creation with a cartoon mindset! "
I love it.
im gay!!!!!!

Ashleg

k

Kitsune

Quote from: Ashleg on March 29, 2016, 06:29:56 PM
I've been making a surprisingly popular Five Nights at Freddy's comic since last January, and also one with my own characters, focusing on a cat named Wonder who gets framed for a crime...does that count? XD

Only if my webcomic that doesn't even exist yet because I don't have time to draw it counts. ;)

Seriously though, that's cool! How long is it?

Ashleg

Quote from: Kitsune on March 29, 2016, 06:33:31 PM
I've been making a surprisingly popular Five Nights at Freddy's comic since last January, and also one with my own characters, focusing on a cat named Wonder who gets framed for a crime...does that count? XD

Only if my webcomic that doesn't even exist yet because I don't have time to draw it counts. ;)

Yours will count if you only believe! ;D

Neither of them are done yet, I'm working on page 35 of the Five Nights at Freddy's one, and the other one only has two pages so far but people are following it already so that's cool. ;D
If ya wanna read 'em they're on my Deviantart. owo

Aimless Gallivanter

yeah those totally count! Can you give us a link Ash?
im gay!!!!!!

Groddil

Quote from: Ashleg on March 29, 2016, 06:36:28 PM

Neither of them are done yet, I'm working on page 35 of the Five Nights at Freddy's one, and the other one only has two pages so far but people are following it already so that's cool. ;D

Page 35? But you haven't put page 34 up yet...

Ashleg

Quote from: Groddil on March 29, 2016, 10:09:27 PM

The 3,616 people that have viewed page 34 would disagree with you, Groddil. ;D :P

Quote from: Aimless Gallivanter on March 29, 2016, 07:26:48 PM

yeah those totally count! Can you give us a link Ash?

Want a link to my profile, or to the first page of each comic?

Groddil

Quote from: Ashleg on March 29, 2016, 10:15:06 PM
Quote from: Groddil on March 29, 2016, 10:09:27 PM

The 3,616 people that have viewed page 34 would disagree with you, Groddil. ;D :P

I just viewed your DeviantArt like 10 minutes ago. The most recent deviation was page 33. Imma go look again...

Aimless Gallivanter

@Ashleg how about a link to both page ones?
im gay!!!!!!

Groddil

Okay, I found page 34. The weird thing is, though, that I'm watching you, and I never got told that you'd posted it (or any other new deviations, for that matter).

Aimless Gallivanter

Quote from: Skarzs on March 29, 2016, 05:35:46 AM
You like Girl Genius too? That webcomic is awesome! (And the castle is equally awesome.)

Yeah Skarzs! Girl Genius was pretty much my first webcomic, I accidentally lost it once I caught up, I keep meaning to read it again, but its SO BIG

Though not nearly as big as Homestuck, of course
im gay!!!!!!