News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

An Avian's Ailment

Started by Cornflower MM, August 28, 2016, 07:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aimless Gallivanter

OOC okay

BIC Corbie paced impatiently. It was more of a strut. "Redwall Abbey! I can't wait to see it. I've heard its massive, and the food is legendary. There's many songs about it, have you ever heard any of them? " He addressed the group.
im gay!!!!!!

Rosie Willowwater

"My mum used to sing me the songs when I was a little'un" Jade's heart dropped when she thought of her mother. She was one of the few who were still alive with the sickness. Jade felt tears form on the rims of her eyes and she took many deep breaths to hold them back. She wanted to stay back at home with her mother to care for her rather than risk both their lives by leaving. But Jade knew it would be better to go and avoid the sickness spreading to their group then to stay.

Cornflower MM

"Ooooh, the food! I can't wait!" Speckles said, walking up to Corbie. "I hope it doesn't take long to get there, though." She paused, to scratch and peck at the ground. "What are you most excited about?"

OOC: Feel free to have some snide remark about chicken's being flightless and/or slowing them down, Galli. ;)

LT Sandpaw

Her wings fluttering at a swift tempo a small grey bird flew out from between the trees alighting on a small branch above Speckles. She was a black gnatcatcher, and as was typical of her species she spoke in a swift babbling stream that could confuse even other birds on occasion.

"Is everyone here, ready? Excellent." She chirped, not giving anybird any time to answer. "We'll go shortly, I'll take point first, everyone else, follow behind, just make sure to keep your eyes locked on the bird in front so we don't lose each other. Also if for some reason I don't make it, which is highly doubtful, I have this message here." Besune, as that was her name, held up her left leg. Tied to it was a small, rolled up scroll. "I have a message here for the leader of Redwall, which needs to be given to him or her; its a very important too because it lists all the ailments and symptoms that everyone is suffering from." She paused to take a breath, before continuing. "Just know its really, really important, the council decided I could carry it, probably because I'm so trustworthy. Oh hello May."

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Cornflower MM

May bristled and puffed out her chest feathers, trying to appear bigger. "Besune! That's enough! The council decided that I would be in charge of this mission. If I hear any more of this insolence you'll be flying at the back, message or no message. Not everyone is here yet, we're still waiting for Howard." She said sternly. Being so small, Caroline Wrens like May weren't taken very seriously by some birds. Birds like Besune. "We'll wait a few more minutes."

LT Sandpaw

The proud little bird, though brave and confident, wilted under May's very sudden, and stern words. Still Besune felt the need to defend herself somewhat. "Yes May, I know you're in charge, honest I know that." She chirped defensively before pressing on. "But I was just making sure everyone knew what to do, in case we got into trouble. Lots of dangers between us. Storms, vermin, unfriendly birds. My father thinks we'll need lots of organization, leadership," Here Besune gave her feathers a little shake, "To make it there, fast as possible. We ought to send somebird to find Howard, erm, if you think so May."
Looking down Besune spotted everyone else, and she waved a friendly wing before fluttering down to the ground to join them.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Delthion

Aodh had waited long enough and started to circle over the group. "We should start now if we are going to leave by sunset!" He screeched and wheeled a ways higher in the air, trying to spot the owl who was very late by now.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Aimless Gallivanter

Corbie puffed his feathers, disappointed at missing a chance to tell the others all about Redwall Abbey.

He eyed young Besune, judging her enthusiasm. She wouldn't make a very good leader at all. May was clearly a better choice, but he didn't see why they council picked her and not him. He wouldve been an excellent leader.
"I can go look for Howard." He volunteered.

OOC: fun fact, my friends used to call me "Howie" ;)
im gay!!!!!!

Cornflower MM

OOC: SORRY EULS.

BIC: May hrrmphed, shifting her feathers. "Oh, I'm so glad we're on the same leaf here. However, next time you feel an urge to educate everyone and take point position, do come to me first." She turned to Corbie, "No, we've waited long enough. Are you ready everyone? Here's the plan. I'll take point, and everyone else, work it out among yourselves where you fly. Jade will be flying with Speckles on the ground. Lift off!"

Flapping and turning her beak to the slight breeze, May gave a happy trill. To be off, seeing new sights, meeting new birds, helping her tribe, and seeing the famous Redwall Abbey! It was all the little bird could have dreamed of. She only hoped that they could get back in time, and that Speckle swould be alright on the ground. She couldn't travel as fast as the other birds. . . . Ah well, they'd figure something out.

Delthion

Aodh screeched and took off quickly, eager to start and hoping for some foes worthy of staining his talons on. He shot ahead of the group, looking back impatiently, then circling back until he was back until he was behind everyone, he repeated this several times, not really having a set position in the group but watching constantly for enemies.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

On Aodh's third loop, May called, "Can you see Jade and Speckles?" She didn't mind him being on the lookout - In fact, it was a very good idea. She toyed with having a rotation of lookouts - It wouldn't do to have one bird doing all the work. And while I'm thinking about it, Speckles can't be by herself, she'd lose us or scare herself silly. . . Or both. I'll have to think up a system for that...

Rosie Willowwater

Jade jumped and swooped towards Speckles smiling at her. She walked slowly next to Speckles, she was not the best flyer and took her chance when she found it to be able to avoid that predicament. "So how are you and May getting along?" Jade remarked trying to spark up a conversation as she watched Speckles skipping in front of her. She wasn't the brightest of birds.

Cornflower MM

"Oh, we're getting along really well, she's my best friend." Speckles bubbled. "She doesn't mind slowing down when we wander around, and she's really great. What about you and May?"

OOC: I am finding it very hard to channel my inner Speckles while having her this un-Speckles-like. :P

Rosie Willowwater

"Things are great!" She said glancing up at the sky to make sure they were still following the group "I've gotten to know her much better since the sickness spread. She helped me and my mum through most of the tougher times and I thank her for that"

Aimless Gallivanter

Corbie flew along next to May. "We're finally off! Too bad old Howard couldn't come along. Although, perhaps its a blessing in diguise. He might've slowed us down." He glanced down at Speckles. "I must say, Im surprised your friend is keeping up so well."
im gay!!!!!!