News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

[ADVICE] Recipes

Started by Wylder Treejumper, January 27, 2016, 02:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wylder Treejumper

If anybody wants recipes for any Redwall dishes or any cooking advice, let me know. I can get pretty much any recipe and advise you pretty easily. There's no way I'm going to re-post all those recipes, though. That took me hours!
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Conrad the Painless

That sounds awesome! Is that because you have the official cookbook, or did you find them somewhere?
"Our Lord and Savior.....The Easter Badger, shall pierce the darkness with his scepter and  guide us through the night...."

Skyblade

That's cool, Wylder! Thank you :)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Wylder Treejumper

I have no cookbook, but neither do I need one.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Captain Tammo

Could you please show us how to make the classic Candied Chestnuts? I have the cookbook at home but I am away at college and would love to be able to make these :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Wylder Treejumper

I'll work on it. I've got a couple recipes. Let me see if I can find them...
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Wylder Treejumper

Here is the best recipe that I have.

Candied Nuts

Ingredients
-1 Tb egg white
-2 Cups nuts (Walnuts or chestnuts work best)
-1/4 cup sugar
-1 Tb cinnamon

Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place nuts in a small bowl with egg white and stir until they are completely coated with the egg white. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the nuts and stir until the nuts are completely coated in the sugar mixture. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Captain Tammo

Whoa... I gotta get to a store :o

Thanks!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Amarith Waterspring

Do you have any recipes to recommend that don't include any dairy or eggs? (Allergies):P
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

CaptainRocktree

I had a good Redwall Scone recipe that didn't have any dairy or eggs.. Cant remember what I did with it though.

@Wylder Treejumper Do you have October Ale or Strawberry Cordial recipes?  ;D
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Rosie Willowwater

I don't remember the exact recipe but I have an idea for candied chestnuts (In my case almonds)

Gonff the Mousethief

I made Shrew Beer and October Ale once. The beer was chocolate Root Beer, and the was a really sweet coke.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

The Skarzs

. . . Then how would those be considered Shrew Beer or October Ale?

Quote from: Rosie Willowwater on July 08, 2016, 08:26:34 PM
I don't remember the exact recipe but I have an idea for candied chestnuts (In my case almonds)
Ooh, I'd like to see that. Thing is, you'd have to crystallize the honey to make sure it doesn't melt into a mess. . . Hmm.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Captain Tammo

Update: still haven't made the candied nuts but I am determined to eventually! Maybe tomorrow if I can get to the store ::)

Captain Tammo

Just thought I'd bump this and say that I used the candied nut recipe and they came out AWESOME! I used walnuts instead of chestnuts, but great recipe. Really enjoyed it. I put them in a jar and keep them in my room to snack on when I come home :)