News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

[RESEARCH PROJECT] Which Country is Better?

Started by Ungatt Trunn, May 27, 2017, 07:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which country do you think is better?

England
4 (14.3%)
United States of American
6 (21.4%)
East Africa
0 (0%)
Russia
2 (7.1%)
Discount Russia [Canadia]
6 (21.4%)
Country where tacos come from
1 (3.6%)
Timbuktu
2 (7.1%)
Texas
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Ungatt Trunn

Doing this for a research project for my Statistics class final. Simply vote for which country you think is better and explain why. My grade counts on it.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Rosie Willowwater

I voted USA because, living there, I know the most about it and have more data to sway my decision.

Luftwaffles

Canada has great living conditions and doesn't seem as destroyed as many of the rest (one or two corruption cases aside).
~Please be sure to join us if ever you are passing~.

Having problems joining the board or accessing your account? E-mail us! Have Redwall news or artwork to share? Tweet us!

LT Sandpaw

Texas, obviously. It isn't a cold and icy wasteland like Russia, there is no such place as Canadia, and it's not the lesser part of an island like England. Timbuktu sounds cool but I don't think it's a country or ever was, and the Madagascar movie was lame, which rules out East Africa.

So yeah, Texas is the best country.  ;)

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Chipster of Noonvale

Groddil

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Groddil on May 27, 2017, 10:11:30 PM
Australia isn't on the options.
"Country were tacos come from" is the next closest thing to aussieville

Groddil

Ungatt Trunn

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on May 27, 2017, 09:26:40 PM

Texas, obviously. It isn't a cold and icy wasteland like Russia, there is no such place as Canadia, and it's not the lesser part of an island like England. Timbuktu sounds cool but I don't think it's a country or ever was, and the Madagascar movie was lame, which rules out East Africa.

So yeah, Texas is the best country.  ;)
Actually England is the greatest part of the island of Great Britain, both Wales and Scotland are smaller than England.

I voted for England.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

The Skarzs

. . . There is no way for the results of this poll to be unbiased.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

I voted Timbuktu because nobody likes America.
/s

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

LT Sandpaw

Scotland is the best, greater, greatest which would make England lesser.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

MeadowR

Not sure how you hope these responses will really help with your project when there is not really anything being said beyond pure bias. How do we define 'better', anyway? Are you thinking out of quality of life? Its contribution to the world? Economics? A country's forward-thinking/openness to 'different' things? etc.

In terms of the nation's satisfaction/feeling of quality of life, I have a feeling Canada might come up higher than somewhere like England, which tends to poll quite low on these 'quality/happiness of life' statistics. Even then it gets confusing (as does this sentence when I'm trying to explain myself) if you're measuring quality of life and happiness levels with what one country might have that another does not, this would impact their opinion. Bit is it really better??

As far as contributions to the world go, I'd say historically, and even today, England has been pretty darn impact-ful from the English-language's wide use around the world, its Empire of old (which yes, I know was also other British nations) and Commonwealth, numerous inventions and 'firsts', and so on.

I'd certainly say there are some more forward-thinking countries/areas than others. The Texan state seems to have its more backward and forward areas in terms of laws and religion acceptability, yet on the other hand generally seemed to be a pretty friendly, polite, courteous lot from what I have experienced in the parts I visited. Which makes me think of another consideration: is a country 'better' for having a higher ration of pleasanter people?

This gets confusing when you think too deeply about what is 'better'... but at least it is useful to think a bit past 'X is better because it is/I live there'. :D (And just to add, I wasn't making a dig at anybody by saying that. All I'm saying is these things need more consideration; especially to make a good research paper. ;))
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014