News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Sampetra

Started by Romsca, December 22, 2012, 06:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Sampetra was the same island as Riftgard?

Yes
5 (16.1%)
No
26 (83.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Faiyloe

I remember it giving me that impression with the whole crossing the sea and every thing but I don't remember it ever saying that it was an island.  I may be wrong though.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Tam and Martin

I'll have to look into that!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

gojuchrisa

Sampetra and Redwall

1.  The map references Sampetra as North West
2.  Conva and others sail mostly East and South away from Sampetra to Mossflower
3.  It took Conva 2 seasons to make a round trip with a few stops
4.  Ublaz already knows of Redwall and its legendary reputation
5.  Ublaz references Redwall as 'half way around the world'
6.  Lask sails into colder waters then warmer waters
7.  Martin and friends sail north through cold waters prior to arriving in the tropical sampetra.

Conclusionary Theory
Ublaz is one of the most worldly knowledgeable creatures in the series.  Redwall's reputation is world renown, possibly the first time a mouse has ever slain a cat (martin in mossflower).  Sampetra is infact half way around the world South of Mossflower country/continent and character travel half way around the world at an angle to get between the two, hence sailing through cold seas to get to a tropical island.  For this reason the fictional Sampetra is more representative of the British colonys in Australia than the Caribbeans, in that it also has monitor lizards.  Or the planet that Redwall exists on could have a more drastically tilted axis so that the equator is colder than the poles, putting the Northlands of Mossflower closser to the equator, Redwall south of the equator, and Sampetra north of the equator. 

The Skarzs

Not sure about the Australia correlation. It is odd that they went through cold weather from hot weather, then back to warm
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Granitfur

Quote from: The Skarzs on August 04, 2018, 06:26:25 AM
Not sure about the Australia correlation. It is odd that they went through cold weather from hot weather, then back to warm

I agree. I also don't think they are the same islands.

Nadaz, voice of the host

@Granitfur it's good to have you on the forum, thanks for bringing some life back to the book discussion sub forums.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Granitfur

Everyone else I know got tired of hearing about Redwall, so my mother found this forum for me.

The Skarzs

Lol! Sounds like you just might fit in here! :D
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.