News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Personality types

Started by Tannsrall, September 19, 2012, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

Why don't we bring this back... ;D

Taking the descriptions off of this page, I'd say I'm ENFP.

ENFP

Warmly enthusiastic and imaginative. See life as full of possibilities. Make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns they see. Want a lot of affirmation from others, and readily give appreciation and support. Spontaneous and flexible, often rely on their ability to improvise and their verbal fluency.

Minus the verbal fluency. ;D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Cornflower MM

In all honesty I can't remember and will have to take the test again. I do know I am heavily introverted, and becoming more so as the years pass.

Delthion

I am INTP both by the test and the description. ;D

77% introverted

79% intuitive

76% thinking

94% prospecting

83% assertive. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Wylder Treejumper

What are prospecting and assertive? Those aren't types...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Rosie Willowwater

They are, it's an extra type not used as much.

I am an INFP-T myself.

Ashleg

Quote from: Delthion on September 26, 2017, 04:21:47 PM
I am INTP both by the test and the description. ;D

77% introverted

79% intuitive

76% thinking

94% prospecting

83% assertive. ;D

So that's why we clash.

Same personality type (well, I get J and P interchangeably, but still.)

83% assertive. >:D

Delthion

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 26, 2017, 04:25:44 PM
What are prospecting and assertive? Those aren't types...

I was just posting what the test said... ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Maudie

Funnily enough, I've always gotten F as my third letter, yet the tests usually say that I have only a slight preference for Feeling over Thinking. The last two have said I have a 1% preference.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Ashleg

Andy

I retook the one I took before, and even though it's been a few years, I got a very similar, if not the same, result.

INFJ-T

Introverted 94%
Intuitive 74%
Feeling 66%
Judging 57%
Turbulent 82%

Spoiler
QuoteAdvocate Personality (INFJ, -A/-T)

The Advocate personality type is very rare, making up less than one percent of the population, but they nonetheless leave their mark on the world. As members of the Diplomat Role group, Advocates have an inborn sense of idealism and morality, but what sets them apart is that they are not idle dreamers, but people capable of taking concrete steps to realize their goals and make a lasting positive impact.
Advocates tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

Help Me Help You

Advocates indeed share a unique combination of traits: though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in. They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain – Advocates will act with creativity, imagination, conviction and sensitivity not to create advantage, but to create balance. Egalitarianism and karma are very attractive ideas to Advocates, and they tend to believe that nothing would help the world so much as using love and compassion to soften the hearts of tyrants.
Advocates find it easy to make connections with others, and have a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact. It makes sense that their friends and colleagues will come to think of them as quiet Extraverted types, but they would all do well to remember that Advocates need time alone to decompress and recharge, and to not become too alarmed when they suddenly withdraw. Advocates take great care of other's feelings, and they expect the favor to be returned – sometimes that means giving them the space they need for a few days.

Live to Fight Another Day

Really though, it is most important for Advocates to remember to take care of themselves. The passion of their convictions is perfectly capable of carrying them past their breaking point and if their zeal gets out of hand, they can find themselves exhausted, unhealthy and stressed. This becomes especially apparent when Advocates find themselves up against conflict and criticism – their sensitivity forces them to do everything they can to evade these seemingly personal attacks, but when the circumstances are unavoidable, they can fight back in highly irrational, unhelpful ways.
To Advocates, the world is a place full of inequity – but it doesn't have to be. No other personality type is better suited to create a movement to right a wrong, no matter how big or small. Advocates just need to remember that while they're busy taking care of the world, they need to take care of themselves, too.
[close]

Aside from the "finds it easy to make connections with others" part, this is a pretty accurate summary of my personality, and everyone who knows me well agrees with that.
Only actions can speak the truth.

Wylder Treejumper

Heh, since we're talking about personality types, I figure you guys can all laugh at my extreme T-ness. Here is a true story: I have an algorithm I apply to determine which bathroom stall I should use.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Grond

I don't mean to make this too tmi but I'm kinda curious what factors go into your algorithm of which bathroom stall to use??

Because if I'm selecting a bath room stall I'll look for the cleanest one and that it has toilet paper- that's all I really care about...

Wylder Treejumper

Well, it's really simple, actually, and I have found that it almost invariably estimates reality. The rule is as follows: When the number of bathroom stalls is below 6, the 2nd to last will be the cleanest. If the bathroom is high-traffic and has 6 or more stalls, the 3rd to last will usually be the cleanest.

Why? I worked it out this way: When using the bathroom, there are two types of people. Some people use whichever stall is the closest clean and open one. The other half goes to the very end and uses the handicap stalls first (they like the extra space? It is a weird psychological thing I don't understand, since the size of the stall has no effect on your comfort, but I've seen it happen over and over). Thus, the most used stalls in order are: 1st and last (handicap), and then 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. In high traffic bathrooms, though, the people who like the handicap stall go down to the end, usually find it occupied and then use the 2nd to last stall, which is why in bathrooms with 6+ stalls the 3rd to last is usually cleanest.

Told you my T is an extreme value ;D
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

Ashleg

Handicap. Boom. Especially if you're just going there to get away from people.

Delthion

I use the handicap because the non-handicap stalls are to small. I can't even stand and spin and a circle! ;D