Duel: Sagetip vs. Brookskimmer

Started by BrookSkimmer, March 29, 2015, 07:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Trill stood ready on the sands of the shore below the imposing monolith that was Salamandastron. Early morning dew clung to her grey and brown flecked fur as the young female hare stretched a readied herself for the day. She had entered the service of the Long Patrol only a couple season hence and often found herself in need of a good workout. Her muscles had hardened as she toughened under the watchful eye of sergeants and captains in the ranks of the jolly ol' patrol.

"Wonder if ol' Brigadier Marlark is even up off 'is bunk yet...dozy ol' floppy ears.." She remarked airily to herself. She smiled wanly as she remembered the same Brig knocking her off her footpaws a few weeks ago. She had a long way to go but she show much promise.

Trill Longloper unsheathed her rapier and examined the blade. It had yet to taste vermin hide but already had plenty of notches from training in the ranks of the patrol. Though she was fine with the blade her true desire was to become a galloper for the unit as her mother had been.

Her long ears twitched suddenly as she heard a scrabbling of sand over beach stones. Somebeast was coming her way. Was it friend or foe? Trill was instantly on her guard!

Hickory

Aaron was striding across the warm sands on the coast, walking steadily toward the mountain. The otter had just left his family to go exploring. He was a free spirit, always wanting to find someplace new. The mountain was one of them.

He kicked sand, watching the plumes land on the stones of the mountain. All of a sudden, he stopped. He had heard the shifting of the sand as Trill moved. Aaron drew his Schiavona, careful not to make to much noise. He edged around a huge boulder, jumping back when he came face-to-face with Trill. "Aaah! Oh wait..." it was only a hare. He eyed it suspiciously. "What are you doing out here?"

OOC: I was thinking a friendly duel...
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

BrookSkimmer

An otter eh? The hare dropped her guard slightly as she took in who stood nearby. She had never known an otter tovattack a hare so why should this one be any different? She eyed him for another moment before letting a slim smile spead over her features.

"I might jolly well be a skin' you the same thing ol' ottah me chap! Though if ya met know I'm just about to start me morning routine. Gotta lope a few furloughs before I can have at the tucker an all that rot." She noted his drawn blade.

"I say, fancy a spot a duelin' do ya? I could always use extra training with the trusty ol' rapier!"

Hickory

"Why not, matey, why not. A particular area you'd ike to do it in? This area's a bit rocky. Hard on the footpaws." Aaron guestered at the area they were standing in. "Is there a clearing herabouts? You know the land better then I do."

BrookSkimmer

The hare eyed the otter as she took a few steps clear of the rocks. She gestured with spread paws.

"Well matey, seein' as how we're on an open sandy beach not sure what more ya need as far as a clearing. Whot say we duel here and now eh?" She winked at him as she held her rapier ready in one paw. The other she held loosely at her side. She was a seasoned fighter and always enjoyed a good duel. She didn't know this otter or where he had come from but it never hurt to begin a friendship with a good duel.

"En guarde!" She spoke smoothly as she lunged forward, sticking the tip of the rapier forward towards his gut. She retracted the blade after the initial move was complete, staying light on her footpaws. "I say, haven't properly introduced meself 'ave I? Ye can call me Trill." She waggled hr ears. "I'd offah a paw but we are in a duel. We'll shake paws when we're through eh wot!"

Hickory

Aaron held up his schiavona, his eyes flicked to and fro as he watched Trill's defense. He suddenly feinted to the right and then made a light slash to the hare's midriff.

OOC: Are we making it so any of the strikes are stopped short, or are they going to be blocked by the other duelist?

BrookSkimmer

Trill smiled ruefully as the other beast's blade came into play. He was by no means slow, feinting and aiming a quick slash to her midriff. The nimble hare took a half step back, allowing the attack to cut nothing but the air.

"Strewth! Not a bad first move there me bucko!" She twirled the tip of her rapier and adopted a fencing stance. "Here we go! En guard an' all that wot!"

She moved forward, sending a quick thrust in towards his right side then making a quick swipe upwards.

"So, where do ye hail from oh ottery type?" This duel should prove to be fun and a good workout!

Hickory

Aaron's blade flashed in the sun as he parried the hare's thrust. "Oh, here and there. Didn't really prefer to stay with the family, wandering's more my type." The otter gave the hare a rogish wink as he jabbed at her left shoulder.

BrookSkimmer

The hare swung her shoulder back with practiced flexibility, the tip of the otter's blade barely missing its mark. She whipped her rapier up, hoping to counter the blow and took a hop skip back.

"A wanderer eh? That sort'a life's always intrigued me wot! If it wasn't for the bally mountain, Hi'd probably take to the roads meself!"

She jumped forward, slashing right to left from high on his shoulder down to his middle. She held the blade ready for his counter attack.

Hickory

Leaning back and sucking in his stomach, Aaron managed to miss the slash. Straightenin up, he remarked, "Hm, it's not that intriguing. Having to constantly fend of vermin bands and beggars, keeping yourself alive on low supplies, the general stuff. But 'tis easy to handle if you know your weapons."

He jabbed low at the hare's left thigh.