News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

To Kill an Eagle (RP Thread)

Started by Ashleg, May 26, 2017, 04:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

The sun hung low and the sky was white, creating an immense early morning brightness as it climbed its way higher. Fishpaw the pine marten strolled back into his tribe's camp and seated himself near the river that flowed through it, dipping his paw in the water to dab it behind his ears.
The vermin stared cross-eyed at himself and then got to his paws, brushing dirt off his ragged black tunic.
He spat in the stream and started away.
Too bad waking up early didn't get him any advantages...

Not paying attention, Fishpaw felt himself trip mid-step and he stifled a yowl as he went stumbling down on his belly. Bad-temperedly he rolled over.
There, in front of him, lay the slain body of an otter.
The marten's fur spiked in panic.
"Help!" he screamed.

((
Spoiler
))

Krantor the Brutal

Deep inside a tent, Nimkii the fast-tempered otter, yelled in a gruff tone, "Will yer shut up? Yer gonna wake the whole tribe up to the tallest mountain with your clamorin'." The otter poked his head out of his quarters still rubbing the sleep from his eyes, and said, "What's wrong, where are ye?"
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

Fishpaw hopped up and ran, shrieking, to Nimkii for protection.
"It's--ugh--Eagle Tears--dead! He's dead, the Chief is dead, look for yourself if you don't believe me!"

Krantor the Brutal

The two beasts started off to where Fishvpaw had said. The usual attitude of Nimkii had him blurt out, "What ye talkin' about? That's nonsense..." then the otter stopped when he saw the evidence of the truth. Pondering a bit, he gave a terrible howl, GET UP! EVERYBEAST COME OUTSIDE! THE CHIEF WAS KILLED IN THE NIGHT! WAKE YERSELVES AND COME OUT!" Then he turned to Fishpaw and grabbing his tunic he whispered, "Who did this?"
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

"Wha..? I don't know!" Fishpaw snapped, ripping the black fabric from the otter's paw and patting it bitterly back into place. It was no secret that he was sour towards the old chief, jealous--conspiring, even, but he was genuinely shocked and frightened that some unknown creature had gotten to him before he had.
Though the surprise was wearing off.
The pine marten spread his paws wide. "What, was it you? It could've been you. It could've been anybeast!"

Creatures began gathering outside their quarters, some confused and others muttering how annoying it was to be wakened by raised voices.

Krantor the Brutal

"It ain't me of all beasts? All we know, Eagle Tears is dead, and somebeast killed him. Let's just get the elders." Nimkii gruffly said.