News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Moral Dilemma

Started by Dannflower Reguba, August 26, 2016, 08:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

It has been 9 months since the beginning of this horrendous project... Why? It is a question on many a tongue of the inmates cast below, where the sunlight cannot reach. Soeverein, a highly respected king, renowned for his leadership and heart for his people... Where did this sudden turn in nature come from? hundreds of innocent and despicable creatures alike have been cast into this abominable pit, to what end? What fear could be this great? What is coming? Nobeast knows... except for the one pulling the strings. But he who knows is far off, and we are here, each awaiting their call to the mystery above. Many speak of the things they've heard from the halls above, some say they've heard screams unequaled while being carried down the stairs half asleep. To that end, only one has ever come back from testing, an otter the name of Beschuss Schwelen, a mouthful often shortened to simply Besch. The oddest thing about him is the simple fact that he didn't change at all, upon being called, he disappeared for a week, and returned as if nothing had happened... Strange indeed, but cold silent stares are the only thing you'll get by asking him about this.

The outpost itself isn't so bad really, a little damp at times, but for a stone prison, it's aged well. Straw is provided to sleep upon, and the food served, while nothing particularly exemplary, isn't horrible either. For some of the low-lives, it's almost better.... Except for that constant nagging fear of receiving a summons. These are the only guarantees when you enter the testing pool, as the small batch of new arrivals are quickly realizing. This is where our story begins, though the white squirrel is having a rather difficult time comforting a rather hysterical otter maid.

OOC: And so it begins! I'd like for everyone to introduce/place their characters before the show officially kicks off, so if you're able to strike up a conversation, or interact with any of the other testee's (and they don't have to be played characters, you can throw some random nobody in if you like), that'd be great! Once I get a feel for how everyone's doing, thing's will get a bit more interesting.  ;)
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Hickory

The young brown furred mouse on the left wall banged his increasingly dirty head against the stone wall. Moaning in boredom, he looked down at the other recent captives. "Does anyone even have any sort of possibly explanation for this?" he said. Leaning forward and crossing his legs, Warder's eyes rested on a green eyed otter. "Like you. You've been pretty silent, eh? Though it's not like anybeast is making conversation..."
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Rosie Willowwater

Katie sat in the corner of the dingy room sobbing quietly as not to disturb the small group of captives trying to sleep off the confusion. The hedgehog had been crossing between engulfing herself in sadness and wondering if she would ever see her family or friends again.  She tried to occupy herself by listening in to the hushed conversations of some of the more rowdy captives and perked her ears up when she heard a young mouse next to her ask about an 'explanation for all of this'.

Faiyloe

Krain sat with his knees pulled up and his arms folded on top of his knees, his chin resting on his arms. He had been watching the Hedgehogmaid. There was something odd about her but he couldn't quite place it. He jumped when the mouse addressed him and looked up.

"I... well, I, I mean, what do you expect?" He stuttered, his words coming off as sharp in his frustration. He quickly softened and shook his head "My father's going to be worried sick... I hope he doesn't make a fuss," He sighed and began tapping his claws rapidly against the stones. He looked up again and now saw that the Hedgehog maid was looking directly at him. He hurriedly looked away, slouched back against the wall and looked at the ceiling.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

LT Sandpaw

Pyrin was bored.

The nagging itch to run, or climb, or walk out where the sun could warm his fur was nearly unbearable, he had been trapped in this cell for far too long. Not that he was unused to being a prisoner, the rat was no stranger to waking up after a fun night to find himself in some jail or another. Still by the next day they usually carted him off to trial, Pyrin couldn't remember how many trials he had been in, but considering how long he had been stuck here this was going to be his best. Which ironically made no sense to Pyrin because he couldn't even remember doing anything. It must have been a really fun night.

Rolling over in his bed of straw Pyrin struggled in vain to close out the sounds of the crying otter. Nobeast should be forced to endure torture like this.
"Sombeast please," He moaned aloud in his usual loud voice. "Shut that whinin' ottermaid up afore I do." He paused, as if daring anyone to argue with him. He'd appreciate a good fight right about now.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Rosie Willowwater

Katie narrowed her eyes and stared at the roguish looking rat "Nobeast should go through this frustration and torture. Especially one her age. I'm surprised we're not all bawling our heads off." She continued glaring at the rat and slowly grabbed a sharp rock next to her.

Dannflower Reguba

"Ease off you two, lest you draw the attention 'o some of the guards." Besch knew an instigator when he saw one, and they had a nasty habit of causing trouble, though they were often on top of the list when names were called. The fact that this one still remained was almost miraculous, "I'd advise you to keep your mouth shut if you're just gonna run it into trouble rat, there ain't any walls stopping the others from putting you six feet under if you make 'em mad. I've seen it 'afore and I wouldn't be surprised if I see it again." The otter maintained his leaning position by one of the central pillars, he heard and saw a lot from here, and it helped to ease the boredom of the common area.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Fatch of Southsward

Ellisar (or El, as he preferred,) sniffed to himself and smirked at the otter - a goody - two - shoes if he ever saw one. Seeing as they were being held without reason or explanation, he didn't see a point to follow the rules his captors set. They were breaking rules by keeping him captive anyway, no doubt.

The dark brown squirrel didn't consider his current predicament much of a problem. If he missed anything, it was merely the open air and a soft warm breeze. He hadn't owned a thing before he was taken. Ellisar had simply nicked an apple or two whenever he was hungry and spent his days explored the cities. He loved to watch the sunset from the tops of the buildings - simply jumping away if someone tried to get him down. He had been caught before, of course, but as his antics damaged little, he was usually released - not before making friends with the squirrel officers that had captured him.

He had a bed now - which proved to be more comfortable than the ground or a tree - as well as a steady supply of food and water. The only thing lacking was entertainment, an opportunity for which had now finally arrived. He certainly had no qualms watching a vermin getting beaten up by a crazy hedgehog.

El leaned his back on the dirt and stone wall - his bushy tail leaning on the wall as well like a close friend beside him. He waved up at the otter cheerfully.

"Ah let 'em fight. But not with that rock. Hand to hand - fair. Winner gets the loser's dinner."

He glanced in the direction of the ones who were taking the imprisonment a little harder than he was.

"Best not to keep people you care about too much around. If they don't worry about you and you don't worry about them, everyone's happy. If you're too attached to where you are and what you have, you'll never move on or gain something new." He waved his hand around at the gloomy prison - "Experiences, new friends. This here is a fine example. Who knew there would be an underground prison below the town? I'd say this could shape up to be a fine adventure."
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

LT Sandpaw

Pyrin sat up, shifting his shoulders so his back popped. He took a moment to seek out the creature who had challenged him, disappointed he allowed himself to fall back onto the straw. He released a heavy sigh letting his narrow chest fall. He'd have to be really bored to beat up a young hedgehog, and a fool to challenge a healthy otter in his prime. Though it was rather sad that of all the creatures gathered around little Kaite had been the only one to rise to his bait.
"Nah m'not feelin' mate," Pyrin grunted to Ellisar allowing his eyes to shut again. "I'd rather not test me lucky stars against that'n. She's a real fighter, I c'n tell by 'ow them quills prickle, an' her jaw curls up ye know. She'd kick any three o' us' tails across this prison easy like, ye see if she don't."

Rosie Willowwater

Katie could hear the sarcasm in the rat's voice "You don't think I'm good enough do you? I'll have you know I could easily take the wind out the lot of you in one stroke" She threw the rock aside and faced the rat. "An' If you don't fight me, we'll all know the coward you are." She remarked tauntingly and braced herself for his first move.

Hickory

Warder rolled his eyes as the others talked. "Look, you guys talk fine..."

He leaned back against the wall. The mouse was becoming progressively less and less worried about the condition he was in and more worried about whether he would be stuck here will all these serious beasts.

LT Sandpaw

Popping one eye open Pyrin stared incredulously at Kaite, an amused smirk spreading across his face. "I say lass, ye got fire n' ye, an yer stupid to boot. Ye'll make a deadly warrior someday eh?" Sitting up once again the hefty rat spat onto his paws rubbing the spittle into his fur. Holding up his left paw like a target Pyrin made a welcoming gesture with his head. "Let's see wot kind'a damage ye c'n do hedgepig. Sock me a good'un, right onto me paw here."

Rosie Willowwater

Katie smirked knowing that if she did fall for the rat's silly trick, she would instantly be out for the count. She ran towards him, arms raised, and whacked him in the chest with a move she taught herself on the farm back home.

Faiyloe

Krain looked back and forth between the rat and the hedgehog, his brow furrowing as the conversation escalated. "Do we really have to fight..." He muttered rapidly tapping his paw against his knuckles, and then Katie charged. He shut his eyes and cringed, not wanting to see what would happen to the pretty girl. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Hickory

The hedgehog's attack amused the mouse. Warder looked on as Katie hit Pyrin with a firm punch to the chest.