News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Redwall... How is it layed out?

Started by SaberTruth, June 29, 2012, 08:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaberTruth

I am currently working on a digital 3D model of Redwall, but I am kind of confused on the lay out of the Abby. Such as how many floors/levels are there altogether, what rooms are in what levels, and some of the lay out of the abby grounds and wall. Might be kind of complicated to explane all of that, but just so I have a general idea of location.

AbbotAlf0805

well by the gate is a cottage called Warrior Cottage and its also the gatehouse. Then there is the pond.
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

redwallgurl

it start with the cellars at the bottom
then the next floor is the kitchens cavern hole great hall and thats all i think plus a staircase
then i think domitries and infirmary
then the attics im not sure if i missed anything though
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Redwallfan7

I love that picture. I'd want to live at the Abbey, I also really like how they made it look from the inside in the t.v series
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

AbbotPlumble

W0NWILL

Despite popular belief, the bell tower is not the tallest thing in the abbey, the roof is. In Redwall, it mentions that the roof soars nearly twice as tall as the bell tower.

Lutra

The TV series isn't perfect...the abbey is clearly too small in that shot to have all the places within Redwall.  From a distance it looks nice though. :)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

redwallgurl

agreed it wasnt completely correct

Lily

There was a lot of discussion about the layout of the Abbey in this topic that you might find useful.

GeminyaTome

Quote from: redwallgurl on June 29, 2012, 08:26:58 PM
it start with the cellars at the bottom
then the next floor is the kitchens cavern hole great hall and thats all i think plus a staircase
then i think domitries and infirmary
then the attics im not sure if i missed anything though
The Cellar is like the basement, so the first floor has Great Hall, Cavern Hole, the kitchens, etc. The second floor has the dormitories and infirmary, then either another floor of dormitories, or the attic.
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Redwallfan7

I thought that the dormitories and the infirmary were on the first floor.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

redwallgurl

its on the second floor because in pearls of lutra (i think) they go searching and they passed the domitries on the second floor this is also a refrence from other books as well

Lutra

Seems you always have to go up stairs to get to the dormitories.  So I would put them on the second floor.  You always have to go up more stairs to get to the attic, so that's at least a third floor.  It doesn't necessarily mean the entire abbey has three floors...some areas like Cavern Hole might only be one floor, but very tall and grand. ;)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

redwallgurl

weren't there even more levels of old attics or abonded domitires higher up?