News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Empire

Started by AbbotAlf0805, July 19, 2012, 06:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbotAlf0805

I've always loved the Emire of Kotir. What's your ideas on it?
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Redwallfan7

Was that in Mossflower?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

AbbotAlf0805

I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Redwallfan7

oh, it was cool I guess.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

AbbotAlf0805

I did some research and Brian based them off the Empire from Star Wars.

Lutra

Quote from: AbbotAlf0805 on July 19, 2012, 06:49:25 PM

Where did you hear that?
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Lutra on July 19, 2012, 07:23:46 PM
Quote from: AbbotAlf0805 on July 19, 2012, 06:49:25 PM

Where did you hear that?
I highly doubt that he based it off of Star Wars.

psybox

yes, i doubt that too, kotir was content to stay in one general area, the empire wasn't.  Also, Kotir wasn't in Lord Brocktree.

AbbotAlf0805

Well i mean Mortspear and them.

psybox

kotir was a place, not an empire.

AbbotAlf0805

The group was called Kotir. They names their castle, Castle Kotir, if you look

Leatho Shellhound

I don't know about Kotir being an Empire, but they did want to rule all of mossflower.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Flandor

I very highly doubt Mr. Jacques had even seen Star Wars.  I don't really see Kotir being all that similar to the Empire in Star Wars either.  It just reminds me of any old castle with a ruler and an army from the Medieval time.  I'm not saying you can't imagine it as similar, but I'd double check whatever source said Mr. Jacques based any of his writing on Star Wars.  Also, as Verdauga was a Lord, not an Emperor, there's no reason to call it an empire. 
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer

AbbotAlf0805

It refered to it as an empire in mossflower.

Flandor

I couldn't find mention of it, but that's not my main point.  My point is if you have researched anything, you have to provide people with a link to the information you found otherwise nobody can examine it for themselves.  You can't get mad about people being skeptical if you don't provide sources for your information.
"Each of us is born to follow a star, be it bright and shining or dark and fated."
-Rillbrook the Wanderer, son of Rillbrook the Wanderer, Grandson of Rillbrook the Wanderer