News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Empire

Started by AbbotAlf0805, July 19, 2012, 06:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Quote from: AbbotAlf0805 on July 19, 2012, 06:49:25 PM
I did some research and Brian based them off the Empire from Star Wars.

Thought this was pretty neat! What're some similarities (its been a very long time since I've read Mossflower)?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Lutra

Quote from: Captain Tammo on January 25, 2013, 08:08:35 PM

Thought this was pretty neat! What're some similarities (its been a very long time since I've read Mossflower)?

Please read all the replies to this topic first. ;)  Mossflower is hardly based on Star Wars.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Redwaller

Quote from: Romsca on January 24, 2013, 02:44:59 PM
This is so interesting! But let's all get this straight first: Verdauga was not evil. Verdauga was AWESOME. 8)  Tsarmina was the one who was evil. Careful what you say about Verdauga, HE'S MY FAVORITE WILDCAT OF ALL TIME, IN THE REDWALL SERIES.
Verdauga Greeneyes was the one that imprisoned the Woodlanders.

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Lutra on January 26, 2013, 04:36:17 PM
Quote from: Captain Tammo on January 25, 2013, 08:08:35 PM

Please read all the replies to this topic first. ;)  Mossflower is hardly based on Star Wars.

Whoa how did I miss that many posts!? :o hahaha my bad!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Romsca

He probably "imprisoned the woodlanders" as you say because here's an example of what could have happened:
Stoat 1 and Weasel 3, random soldiers of Verdauga, are bothering a certain ottermaid. The father gets mad and start a fight with Stoat 1 and Weasel 3. Stoat 1 and Weasel 3 on the other hand, are extremely mean, so they burn their farm because of it. The otter family blames it on Verdauga because they were Verdauga's soldiers, even though Verdauga really had nothing to do with it. Verdauga tried to convince them that it wasn't his fault that the farm was burned. They don't believe him, so this starts a small revolution, and what would anyone else do if crazy people (even with good intentions) were trying to assassinate you?

Redwaller

Yes, but what I mean is that he came to Mossflower, built a Stronghold, and used the Woodlanders as slaves.

Romsca

Where did it say that he used them as slaves? They could have just been paid servants or something anyway

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Romsca on February 07, 2013, 01:05:36 PM
Where did it say that he used them as slaves? They could have just been paid servants or something anyway

That's an interesting theory, however redwall doesn't have very many gray characters. Good animals are good, bad animals are bad. I believe Verdauga was bad, like Ungatt was

Romsca

I think that Ungatt was way more evil than Verdauga, but that's just my opinion. It seems that in most wildcat families in Redwall that are mentioned, there's two kids; one's nicer and one's evil.

Kitsune

Lol, hense the profile pic. ;D

Leatho Shellhound

Well Ungatt's brother was also bad, right? I am with you though that Verdauga was one of the better wildcats in the Redwall series.  ;)
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Mattio

I'm sorta with that  because he still had a horde of vermin and he stole from woodlanders. (3 MORE POSTS)

Leatho Shellhound

Maybe he got softer when he got older.

click the banner

Mattio

maybe (I'M A HERO MEMBER SAY HURRAH TO YOUR NEWEST MEMBER HEROS)

Leatho Shellhound

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

click the banner