The Goreleech

Started by Captain Tammo, February 18, 2013, 07:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Exactly how big was it?
How long had it been on the seas?
Do you think its had more than one captain live and die on it?

This topic is to discuss the ship and history around it.

WARNING! CONTAINS THE LEGEND OF LUKE SPOILERS!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Martin the warrior

we know it had four decks and i think when martin saw half of the ship he said even that was huge
It probably been around for sometime seeing as when Luke came to the northerland shores creatures already knew about the Glooreech.
I don't think so although if we knew about Vuil's family his father might have captained it
Apples is ripe when they are ready  
When pears is ripe they'll fall
What must happen will happen or       
it won't happen at all

To love, you must first love yourself

Romsca

Or Vilu might have stolen it from someone

Martin the warrior

That's true but I wander who originally built it
Apples is ripe when they are ready  
When pears is ripe they'll fall
What must happen will happen or       
it won't happen at all

To love, you must first love yourself

brocka

She must have been very well-made, to be able to move fast, maneuver sharply and just survive. The Western Sea is a big, wild place and Vilu took the craft close-in to attack the coasts and raid. That meant the ship was vulnerable to counter-attack. yet she seemed to hold up fairly well. She had a drawback, which was that she needed a lot of paws to row her. Almost all the critters that Vilu captured had no other use to him than galley-slave. Very self-defeating " master" indeed.

321tumbler

That is a great descreption! I think you're right.

Kitsune

I'm not sure who built it.

alderbowbeast

It is unclear who exactly built the Goreleech, however it is already antiquated in The Legend of LukeThe Goreleech is described as a trireme which, in human history, was a Greeco-Roman ship with three banks of oars on either side making  The Goreleech no taller than a classic trireme.  What made The Goreleech truly huge was its length.  In Legend of Luke the ship is described as having four sails whereas a classic trireme only had 2.  The length of a trireme is roughtly 131 ft. or 40m, double that and you get 80m or 262ft.  or a ship about as long as an American Football field.
Alder, Recorder of Redwall Abbey and Mossflower Country

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Romsca

Kitsune

alderbowbeast

Some more perspective on just how huge the Goreleech would have been.  The average Trireme from Greek history had about 170 rowers. The Goreleech, being about twice as big as the average trireme would have had about 340 slavebeasts to row the ship.  Of course the average crew and fighting forces on The Goreleech would have been between 60 and 80 vermin.
Alder, Recorder of Redwall Abbey and Mossflower Country

Captain Tammo

Truly a floating fortress!
And to think Luke destroyed the thing all with one swift motion :o
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Kitsune

...almost a shame, too, if you think about it.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Juzt Think 'ow long it vould 'ave taken tae build it.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.