News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Martin's Sword

Started by Tiria Wildlough, July 17, 2011, 09:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why is the Sword of Martin so strong?

metal from a 'fallen star'
5 (27.8%)
Martin's spirit
3 (16.7%)
Both
10 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: December 05, 2012, 01:28:57 PM

UNKN0WN

you mean a "comet" when you say "metal from a falling star" right?

AxeHound

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Buckler The Leg Buckler

or even a piece of uranium!
"I'll live to close those evil eyes of yores fer good,Ublaz! This is war! Cut 'er loose, Rocpaw, 'tis waaaaaar!" - Pearls Of Lutra

White One6193

"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

321tumbler

I don't think it is a magic sword because in a few books people say that the people who wield it give t its "magic" not the sword.

surfdude

Also it is said Martin's sword was made using bits of a meteorite which is partly responsible for the power of the sword. I think it is a fantastic.
Find Glass Splashbacks London as per your requirement.

Tiria Wildlough Rhulain

Oh yeah, I think Martin's spirit makes the sword so strong. I also think it really depends upon who wields it. I really like how each generation has a different warrior to wield the sword. My favorite to wield the sword so far is either Dannflor or Trisscar.
What is your name?

You don't want to know! he said.

Yes I do!

M'name is Wilthurio Longbarrow Sackfirth Toxophola Fedlric Fritillary Wilfrand Hurdleframe Longarrow Leawelt Pugnacio Cinnabar Hillwether...

Stop, stop!

But you can call me Jodd. Wanna know what that stands for?

Ungatt Trunn

Im my opinion, Martin's spirit has nothing to do with it being so strong. I think Martin's spirit is who puts his Sword in the right hands. It is said in several Redwall books that Martin's Sword was so strong was because it was made from a falling star.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Free Thought

There are many different kinds of strength. 
Yes, the comet/fallen star/meteor is what made the sword physically strong (as Boar mentions in the book), but also the sword gives a certain strength to its wielder.  This is a more psychological kind.  I don't think its Martin's spirit per se, but rather a new found confidence in the beast holding the handle.  Kinda like if you were given Michael Jordon's basketball shoes and told to go shoot some hoops.  You'd feel a little more empowered to have something of a 'great one.'  I think Martin's spirit inspired bravery and action, but when it all boils down to it, strength and courage are found within.