News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Wolves

Started by Shadowed One, May 02, 2013, 02:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowed One

You know the Foxwolf, Urgan Nagru? Well, I was just wondering about that wolf skin of his. It is the only time there is a wolf in the books, so I was just wondering about why there are never any other wolves.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Leatho Shellhound

Hmm I don't know, he didn't have a whole lot of cold up north parts in his books.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Ungatt Trunn

It said on The Redwall Wiki that that was the only time in the hole series that there was ever a refrence to a Wolf.

Life is too short to rush through it.

CrazyPug37

I believe that it says in the book that he found the wolf dead.  The carcass could of been thrown around a bit, or carried a long distance.  But, maybe there are wolves, but no creature never had any contact with them.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: CrazyPug37 on May 02, 2013, 11:06:37 PM
I believe that it says in the book that he found the wolf dead.  The carcass could of been thrown around a bit, or carried a long distance.  But, maybe there are wolves, but no creature never had any contact with them.
Exept Urgan Nagru, that is.

CrazyPug37

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 02, 2013, 11:07:49 PM
Except Urgan Nagru, that is.
I don't really know if BJ says that The Urgan Nagru was actually a wolf in the book, he might of just been an Arctic fox in his summer coat.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: CrazyPug37 on May 02, 2013, 11:12:24 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 02, 2013, 11:07:49 PM
Except Urgan Nagru, that is.
I don't really know if BJ says that The Urgan Nagru was actually a wolf in the book, he might of just been an Arctic fox in his summer coat.
No, I meant that Urgan Nagru was the only creature in the series to see a Wolve, not that he was a wolve himself.

CrazyPug37

Sorry there, messed up a bit.
:P

Afrika United

Shadowed One

The whole thing with wolves is that they would be huge in reality, and so would be very hard to kill.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

Leatho Shellhound

The wolve froze to death.

click the banner

Shadowed One

Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on May 03, 2013, 03:28:11 AM
That is not what I mean. I mean the reason they don't play a part in the series is that they would be hard to kill. I know that THAT wolf froze to death, I was talking about wolves in general.

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Shadowed One on May 03, 2013, 12:43:46 PM
Quote from: Leatho Shellhound on May 03, 2013, 03:28:11 AM
That is not what I mean. I mean the reason they don't play a part in the series is that they would be hard to kill. I know that THAT wolf froze to death, I was talking about wolves in general.

Ohhh, ok. Yes I see what you mean.

click the banner

Osu

I seem to recall some character in one of the earlier books saying something to the effect of "they're making enough noise for a pack of wolves" although I can't for the life of me remember which title. I think Shadowed One has the right of it on this one, the introduction of wolves to Mossflower would spell certain death for anybeast that tried to stand in their way... or just ended up being lunch. Eventually, the wolves would eat everything and then there would be no stories. ;)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Shadowed One

Maybe so, I just wanted your input because my fanfic, "The Invaders", is about wolves coming to Mossflower.

Lutra

It sure didn't stop the Redwall crew from killing a wolverine and those are beastly to kill because of their ferociousness.  Perhaps as hard as or more difficult than a wolf. ;)  So, the thought that wolves don't show up because they're hard to kill is a moot point.  Redwall goodbeasts can bring down anything.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra