News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Wolves

Started by Shadowed One, May 02, 2013, 02:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowed One

Yeah, that is what I meant. Though there must have been some where Urgan Nagru lived, because he has that wolf skin.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Shadowed One on May 23, 2013, 12:16:47 PM
Yeah, that is what I meant. Though there must have been some where Urgan Nagru lived, because he has that wolf skin.
Didn't it say in The Bellmaker that the wolf that Urgan killed was in the Far North or something like that?

Life is too short to rush through it.

CrazyPug37

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on May 23, 2013, 07:15:16 PM
Quote from: Shadowed One on May 23, 2013, 12:16:47 PM
Didn't it say in The Bellmaker that the wolf that Urgan killed was in the Far North or something like that?
Yes, it was from the far north, but Urgan never killed a wolf.  He found it dead.
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Tam and Martin

It was frozen to death so he skinned it.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

The Shade

Now that I think about it, there are references to wolves all over the series. The only solid proof is the Urgan Nagru's skin.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

alderbowbeast

There is only one mention of a wolf in the entire Redwall Series, namely the Urgan Nagru.  We know from "The Bellmaker" that Urgan found the wolf hide he wears on a wolf that had been long dead and was frozen.  Are there other wolves in the Redwall universe?  My guess would be yes.  Why, you ask.  Because of Gulo the Savage.  Wolverines do not get far enough south to have ever been heard of in Mossflower, let alone be a credible threat, therefore something had to be keeping them in check.  Why else would they stay so far north?  My guess is the Wolverines and wolves were enemies, each evenly matched and as a result were often fighting over the same land in the far north, inadvertently keeping each other out of the south.  When Gulo the Savage and Askor finally make it south it is obvious they have time to do this, meaning that the wolves are no longer a threat.
Alder, Recorder of Redwall Abbey and Mossflower Country

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: alderbowbeast on July 17, 2013, 08:02:23 AM
There is only one mention of a wolf in the entire Redwall Series, namely the Urgan Nagru.  We know from "The Bellmaker" that Urgan found the wolf hide he wears on a wolf that had been long dead and was frozen.  Are there other wolves in the Redwall universe?  My guess would be yes.  Why, you ask.  Because of Gulo the Savage.  Wolverines do not get far enough south to have ever been heard of in Mossflower, let alone be a credible threat, therefore something had to be keeping them in check.  Why else would they stay so far north?  My guess is the Wolverines and wolves were enemies, each evenly matched and as a result were often fighting over the same land in the far north, inadvertently keeping each other out of the south.  When Gulo the Savage and Askor finally make it south it is obvious they have time to do this, meaning that the wolves are no longer a threat.

Or becauze it vaz betveen wolverinez an' nae wolverinez v.z volvez.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

rachel25

does the wolverine from Rakkety Tam count  :-*

Rusvul

Quote from: rachel25 on July 18, 2013, 02:25:40 PM
does the wolverine from Rakkety Tam count  :-*
Wolves and Wolverines are completely different. Are wolverines even canine?

phoenixfoden

No they are more related to badgers and weasels

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Hooray, Weasels!

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Shade

HIAG HAS'NT SPOKEN WITH AN ACCENT!!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zure ah 'ave, ah juzt 'old Weasels in zuch 'igh regard zat ah zpell it ze vay it iz zuppozed tae be zpelled. WEASELS!!!

Shadowed One

But, but, but, you mean you are just going to keep talking in accents? Oh well, at least I understood you once.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Maudie

The dirge hounds may have been wolves.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3