News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Castle Floret

Started by Martha Braebuck, July 29, 2011, 08:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Gonff on August 02, 2011, 12:04:02 AM
That's not the picture that's on front of The Bellmaker that I have read. It looks like this:

Oh man. Is that great big burly monster supposed to be Finnbarr Galedeep? :o :o
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

Yeah. I know, it's soooo weird. When my friend was reading it she was like, "That looks nothing like Finnbar!" and I said, "Yeah. I usually ignore it then imagine him differently."
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Dotti

I think Joseph might have worn a cape.  I seem to remember something being said about him wearing a cape when he and Abbot Saxtus were walking back to dinner and Saxtus tried to walk faster than Joseph.  Joseph is a really awesome character.  He's a good father figure.
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Log-a-Log

I just thought is was a large cloak
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Dotti

Is there a difference???
"Aha! Today I shall become an author, and I shall auth, and auth, and auth, and make a squillion dollars! Whoopee!!!"
~Brian Jacques

Nightfire

A cloak is just a cape with a hood, as far as I'm concerned. Joseph has a big, voluminous cloak in Mariel of Redwall, where he is first introduced to Dandin. Anyway, we're getting off topic here, people. The topic is Castle Floret, so keep that in mind. I personally wonder at the tunnels Egburt used. Did he dig them himself, or were they there beforehand, and he just discovered them by accident? Sigh...yet another unanswerable question.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Popcornman

I don't know about you but I would like to live like Egburt

Nightfire

I think it would be cool, but I'm happier in the trees than I am underground.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Tiria Wildlough

I hate being underground in a small space. I would die if I had to live like Egburt. :(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on September 22, 2011, 07:00:54 AM
I hate being underground in a small space. I would die if I had to live like Egburt. :(
Me too. I also need people. I'm a leader, and I have to have people to talk to and tell what to do. I don't think I could never be a hermit.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Nightfire

I think it's kinda cool how the one side of Floret was SO tall that it didn't even need a moat! Talk about high heights!

Ungatt Trunn

I think that Castle Floret is one of the bets Castles in the series.

Life is too short to rush through it.

CrazyPug37

Castle Floret and Castle Marl are some pretty neat castles.

I wonder what Brian modeled them after?
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Seychelles, Malawi, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Mauritius, Madagascar, Congo, Gabon, Togo, Burkina Faso, Western Sahara

Afrika United

Leatho Shellhound

Castle Floret was my favorite castle in the redwall series, I can still remember brighing that book home from the book store. It is my third fav. book.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner