News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

SIBERIAN BEAR DUEL

Started by Lady Ashenwyte, May 03, 2017, 02:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Russa Nodrey

Freddy

Lady Ashenwyte

Yes this stuff is jam.

This stuff is jelly.

The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Groddil

The Skarzs

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on May 09, 2017, 12:09:50 AM
Yes this stuff is jam.

This stuff is jelly.

I ASKED WHAT YOU CALL THE GELATINOUS FRUIT SPREAD, NOT THAT BLOB OF SUGAR.
Interestingly enough, in the image IP it says "Wackelpudding", not jelly or jello.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

The Skarzs

So they're both jam to you?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Groddil

What the hell are you talking about? Jam is the fruity stuff you spread on bread. Jelly is that gelatinous, bright-coloured, squishy stuff typically eaten on its own.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Groddil on May 09, 2017, 06:34:49 AM
What the hell are you talking about? Jam is the fruity stuff you spread on bread. Jelly is that gelatinous, bright-coloured, squishy stuff typically eaten on its own.

This is it, you American barbarians.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

James Gryphon

We invented Jello, and it's been named that for over a century. I guess we people in the United States, the land of Kraft Foods, know what these things are really called.

This is an example of a jar of actual, real, high-fructose-artificially-preserved jelly:

This is Jell-O. You can tell that's what it is because of the logo on the top.

Q.E.D.
« Subject to editing »

Lady Ashenwyte

The Skarzs

Quote from: Groddil on May 09, 2017, 06:34:49 AM
Quote from: The Skarzs on May 08, 2017, 02:33:26 AM
So then what do you call sweetened thickened preserved fruit spread made with the whole fruit versus sweetened thickened preserved fruit spread made with just the juice?

I'm going insane here, man.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

James Gryphon

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on May 09, 2017, 01:45:58 PM
It's jam not jelly.
The label itself says "jelly". Who are you Aussies to argue with the people who make it about what it is? Besides, Smucker's sells another, separate product:

Note the word at the bottom.
« Subject to editing »

321tumbler

Jam - fruit and sugar

Jelly - fruit juice, sugar, and I think some fruit pectin or whatever to hold it together

Jell-o - gelatin mixed with some sort of fruit (sometimes other) flavoring

Cornflower MM

*Applauds 321* Jam and jelly have pectin in it to make it thicken and stuffs, but you got it right!