You Know You're Obsessed with Middle-earth When...

Started by Jukka the Sling, January 30, 2015, 01:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amber

25: When you have a necklace chain around your neck with a keychain ring on it, and you call it 'The One Ring'.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Quote from: Lady Amber on January 31, 2015, 12:38:49 AM
24: When you have a necklace chain around your neck with a keychain ring on it, and you call it 'The One Ring'.

Isn't it supposed to be 25?
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Delthion

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on January 31, 2015, 12:27:54 AM
24. When you have read the Silmarillion and can make all the connections from it to LOTR.

That pretty much everyone who has read the Silmarillion does. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Izeroth

28: When you read through the entire appendix of The Return of The King

Jukka the Sling

29: When you double-post multiple times on "Funny LotR Pictures" so you can add more to the compendium.

30: When you start taking archery lessons so you can be like Legolas. (FYI, I haven't done that. XD)

31: When the snow is crunchy enough to walk on without sinking, and you tell everyone, "Look, I'm an Elf!"
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

CaptainRocktree

32. When you can speak Elvish yet can't speak any other languages

33. When you know your name in Elvish

34. When you can right in Tengwar (Elvish)

I saw this when I was lurking, And I felt like I had to post! I've done all three of those things :P, If you want your name in Elvish you can PM me your name :D!
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Jukka the Sling

You can write in Tengwar? Wow.

35: When you name your daughter Galadriel Arwen.

36: When you become the most active member on the LotR wiki.

37: When you set your homepage as theonering.net.

38: When you constantly think about LotR all the time.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Lady Amber

39: When you know your family's names in Elvish.
40: When you watch the LotR movies every few days. (We actually do watch them every few days) :P

Izeroth

41: When you nitpick tiny details of the movies.

Jukka the Sling

42: When you annoy your sisters by continually asking them and wondering aloud about how Galadriel killed an Orc with a blast of magic in TBotFA. Then, when you discover she was wearing Nenya, and thus her power was probably due to that, you annoy them some more by wondering if it's at all possible for her ring to have escaped Sauron's notice, because in the LotR book, she said Sauron was unaware she had it.

43: When your favorite actor is one of the LotR/Hobbit cast.

Wylder Treejumper

44. When you have read the LOTR trilogy in three days...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Jukka the Sling

45: When a lot of what you do online is read LotR/Hobbit fanfiction.

Jukka the Sling

Yeah, double post.

46: When you're posting on this thread.