News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

You Know You're Obsessed with Middle-earth When...

Started by Jukka the Sling, January 30, 2015, 01:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vilu Daskar

She read other stuff to but mainly LotR and LotR related stuff.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

The Skarzs

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on August 20, 2015, 08:03:45 PM
62:  When you're rather annoyed by the fact that quite a few of the newest Hobbit fics on ff.net involve Kili falling in love with a random girl who drops in from the real world.
FFFFF. . . . FFFFFFF. . .. !

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUDDDDGGGGE!!!!!
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Delthion

65. When you figure out how to do the Elves fighting move on the first battle scene of the movies.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Jukka the Sling

Thanks for stretching the page. ::)

66:  When one of the saddest things for you is that Midde-earth isn't real and never will be.  (Gahhhh!)

67:  When you desperately hope there'll be a big-budget, canon-faithful TV series made of the Silmarillion.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Delthion

Jukka the Sling

Hmm, maybe it doesn't stretch for you since you're on a laptop.  I'm n a Kindle, a in the no-frills ereader kind.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Jukka the Sling

68:  When you've read so much Silmarillion fanfic that you now have a ton of headcanons that are basically gospel to you.

69:  When you wouldn't mind marrying an Elf-lord from the Silmarillion (except Fëanor, for obvious reasons). >.>

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

^ ;D

70:  When you know all of the mother-names, father-names, and nicknames of the sons of Fëanor and most of their meanings.

71:  When some of your favorite tragic characters in literature are the Fëanorions.

72:  When Aegnor and Andreth are one of your OTPs.

73:  When you want to buy this T-shirt:

Spoiler
[close]

The Skarzs

69: When you can think up as many thinks to be obsessed about as Jukka has. :P
Also, the reason this is number sixty nine. . .
Quote from: Lady Amber on January 31, 2015, 12:38:49 AM
25: When you have a necklace chain around your neck with a keychain ring on it, and you call it 'The One Ring'.
Quote from: Hickory on January 31, 2015, 12:40:55 AM
(26)When you do the same to your friends.
Quote from: Izeroth on January 31, 2015, 05:08:25 AM
28: When you read through the entire appendix of The Return of The King

Burn in the fire of Mount Doom, all you with OCD.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

*checks the first page*  Did you also take into account Hickory, who forgot to number his once?

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Jukka the Sling

Wylder Treejumper

When you listen to this on loop for an hour and a half:

It sends shivers down your spine...
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.