News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Video Games

Started by Gonff the Mousethief, February 24, 2016, 04:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRedSnifit

What Zelda has that most of those other series don't is consistency. Nearly all of the home console Zelda games are fantastic.

Those other series aren't anywhere near that level. Fallout 1, 2, and NV are some of the greatest games ever made, but on the other hand Brotherhood of Steel is pretty terrible and Fallout 3 and 4 frankly aren't very good. It carries over to the rest of the games you mentioned.

Zelda has over twenty mainline games, and I'd say the worst (Phantom Hourglass) is still at least an 8/10, most being 10/10. I can't think of many series with that kind of track record.

Gonff the Mousethief

Oh yeah, Zelda games are my all time favorite, especially both Ocarina of Time and Breath of the Wild. Another good series that is consistently good is the Uncharted franchise. All 4 (about to be 5) are above a 9/10 and are just enjoyable.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Andy

Anyone here play any 7 Days to Die?

It, This War of Mine, and Batman: The Telltale Series are really the only games I've played in the past month or so.
Only actions can speak the truth.

TheRedSnifit

I had the misfortune of trying This War of Mine almost immediately after playing Don't Starve for 80 hours. I played it for five minutes before I decided I was burned out on the whole "Crafting-based survival" genre.

Andy

I don't seem to get tired of those kinds of games, but then again I know why that is and most people aren't unfortunate enough to relate to that, so I get that you got burned out of them.  It does seem like the kind of thing people normally would need to be in the right mood to play, besides.
Only actions can speak the truth.

CaptainRocktree

I've never played those, I typically like to play the more story based exploration games. Gonff mentioned two really good game series that I like, the Zelda games and the Uncharted series.
Not all those who wander are lost.
J.R.R Tolkien

Aimless Gallivanter

I HAVE BEEN TRYING to play Dragon Age: Inquisition for more than 6 months now but.... i keep getting so lost.... i dont know what to do and i pick a place to go and immediately die cuz im not supposed to be there yet and.......... i love the game why cant i play it??
im gay!!!!!!

Delthion

@Rainshadow if she's on, she'll be able to help.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Madison

The Evil Within 2 is out on Friday.  8-)

Looking forward to prodding that photographer guy in the trailer really hard with a pointy stick.

Delthion

Dark Souls was not designed to be played at 10:00 P.M. I am just going to go watch some peace and happiness...anything that removes the tension that I am experiencing right now. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Delthion

Anyone played Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice yet? It has (in my opinion) the best fighting mechanics of any game ever made. The makers of Dark Souls and Bloodborne really outdoing themselves with this latest title.

luckyjack

Mount and Blade Warband
I used to play this on the PC and recently discovered it had been releaed on PS4

Tungro

I have had M&B for a while now and it still entertains me. I also have M&B With Fire & Sword and it is pretty good.

Sebias of Redwall

I play...Risk. (The board game)  :P
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

PaulTheMarlfox

"What... is the in flight speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"
-Monty Python And The Holy Grail