News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What's Happening?

Started by Skyblade, June 05, 2016, 06:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skarzs

It was a minute or two before Skarzs opened his eyes again. His original fright was over, and his mind was cleared up enough that he could make rational thought. The fact that he was a cougar didn't seem to bother him anymore; it was mostly normal, it seemed. He didn't know how he got where he was, but that wasn't as important as that he was pretty much in the middle of nowhere.
  "Well, might as well get going again," Skarzs grumbled to himself as he stood up. It was then that he realized that he was starting to get rather thirsty, and he frowned at the thought. Dunes were no place for fresh water; he knew that much. He could smell the ocean nearby, so that meant that most water he could find would likely be salty, unless he went further away from it.
  He decided to climb to the top of a dune and scope out his surroundings. As he looked for the highest dune, however, Skarzs spotted a dark lump peeping out over the edge of a certain dune, and he peered closer. Was that someone else? he asked himself before cupping his paws to his mouth.
  "Hello!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Faiy started as the large cougar noticed her, and tried to jump to her feet but the sand fell out from under her and she let out a shriek as she skidded and slipped half way down the slope and landed on her back.

"Great, now look what you did, you got sand in my pants!" She snapped. She surprised herself but for some reason she wasn't scared of him.

'He's really just a big softy,' She thought to herself,

'and how on earth do you know that, you just met him,'

'Well I don't think this is earth so it shouldn't matter,'

'You know that is illogical,'

'Well none of this is logical so it I should probably stop trying to make sense of it,'

As I carried on this internal argument with myself I got to my feet, checked to make sure my glasses where ok, and did my best to brush myself off. I remembered that this was why I hated sand. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Skyblade

Skyblade decided that pinching herself and running her head into a tree were doing little favors. If she wanted answers, she'd have to go out and get them. Looking around nervously, she chose a random direction and began to walk. Anyplace was as good as the other. Whatever the location, she was still lost.

As the badger walked, she tried to puzzle out what was going on. Once again, the only thing that came to mind was Skyblade. Please. What kind of title was that, anyway? Let's smash two unrelated words together and call it a name. Skyblade shook her head, feeling the rapier handle under her fingers. Ten minutes in this world and she was already letting panic and frustration overwhelm her.

With a start, Skyblade paused. She waited. First came relief and joy, followed by anxiety. Those were footsteps - someone was coming; she wasn't alone.

Truly a double-edged sword, though, depending on who it was. Skyblade slowly and cautiously headed to the noise, eventually coming onto a path. Before her was a small mouse with glasses. Morning sunlight fell on her fur, giving it a slightly purple shade.

"Hello." Please don't kill me, she added silently. Holding her rapier at her side, Skyblade went on, "I don't want to fight or hurt you. Do you mind telling me who you are, and where we are? I'm a bit lost."

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Aimless Gallivanter

The purpleish mouse in question jumped and yelped at the sound of her voice. She put a paw to her heart and the other to a tree, trying to calm herself down.  "Holy sh- my goodness. Im sorry. I wasn't expecting to find anyone so soon. And a, a badger? Geez. Holy wow. Okay. Sorry." She stopped herself, gathered her composure. " Hi," she offered weakly. She cleared her throat. "My name is Aimless Gallivanter," her face scrunched up when she said that, it still didn't seem right. "I don't know where we are. Sorry."
im gay!!!!!!

The Skarzs

Skarzs raised an eyebrow at the otter's sudden outburst. "I didn't do anything. All I said was 'hello'."
  He was a little short of twice the otter's height, and he was certain she was little threat to him, though it did seem odd how unconcerned the other seemed about him. No matter, of course; he wasn't looking for a fight.
  "You alright?" Skarzs asked.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Faiy quickly realized her mistake "Sorry, I was just a bit flustered that's all," Truth was Faiy was very nervous, she could feel her heart racing. There was a part of her telling her that is beast was potential dangerous. However he didn't seem intent on harming her and she knew that she would be unable to out run him even if she tried. So she opted for trying to get on his good side and hoping for the best.

"I'm fine... though a bit lost... How about you, are you ok?" She asked. A look of concern crossed her face and she scratched her head with the back of her claws.

LT Sandpaw

Group Two-Mossflower Country

Warm sunlight filtered through the thick brush of trees that stood on the banks of a small creek, from above birdsong filled the air radiating the peace and serenity. Burbling water tickled past splish splashing on its journey to who knows where. An occasional dragonfly droned past hunting amongst the river weeds.

Curled into a ball in a shallow hole indented into the sand, a young rat slumbered peacefully. No effort by the birds, or the creek, or even a good breeze that rustled the treetops could wake him. At last, at his own pace the young rat stretched, yawning widely towards the sky and scratching his throat.

Only then did Sandpaw realize that something was off, not in the physical at least, in that regard it was utterly blissful, though he was a little thirsty. No, something was off with his memories. He knew who he was, that was easy, he was Sandpaw, but hadn?t he been someone else only yesterday? Surely he hadn?t lived by this creek forever, at least it didn?t seem that way.

It couldn?t be. That simply wouldn?t make any sense. No Sandpaw had been living by this creek his whole life, and he had simply forgotten what had occurred. Perhaps time flew past quickly here, in this wonderful little spot, and every day was so exactly the same that they melded together. That made some sense, so Sandpaw accepted it as fact and turned his mind to the bigger question.

Where to get water and food?

Both those little issues turned out to be easy fixes, and Sandpaw walked on all fours to the creek, slurping up some of the water. Just below the surface tiny fish darted just within his reach. Sandpaw grinned, letting them be. He didn?t like the taste of fish, but when had he last tried fish? He supposed that really didn?t matter, he glanced around looking for something else that would provide sustenance. Spotting a likely bush Sandpaw rose to his hind legs and made his way over, fully knowing he was walking differently, but not knowing how or why. It had to be something to do with the long tail that dragged like a snake behind him. He meticulously dusted stray bits of sand off his tunic admiring the dull green color. He had no idea how he had acquired something so fine, it didn?t seem likely for a rodent like himself. Sandpaw shrugged it off, why bother questioning blessings?

The berry bush, for that was what it was, turned out to be blackberry, his favorite. Since when? That didn?t matter either. Careful not to prick his paws on the devious thorns Sandpaw began eating his fill not caring that his paws and jowls were being stained black.

OOC: You know it occurred to me that without our specific memories we'd be very different people. Its our memories of mistakes and successes that dictate how we are going to react to certain instances. Its an interesting idea to think on, and Brian even explored it with the Storm/Mariel story.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

The Skarzs

OOC: True, that, but we're just going to try to have fun here; I don't think we need to be completely scientifically accurate considering the circumstances. ;)

BIC: "Yeah, I'm good," said Skarzs in answer. "Just pretty lost myself. Came running from over that way, though I'm not entirely sure how I got there." He pulled his pointing arm back and scratched his ear. "It's odd."
  After a moment, he turned back to the otter. "My name's . . . Skarzs."
  It sounded odd to say his own name, but at the same time, it felt right. As confusing as it was, Skarzs pushed his own questions to the back of his mind; they weren't as important as the current circumstances.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

"I'm Faiy," Faiy bounced back without falter but after she said it she paused, that wasn't all there was... there was more, but her mind felt as if it was grasping at straws or wisps of smoke. She looked in the direction Skarzs pointed in but only saw more sand and sun. She looked in the opposite direction, there in the distance loomed the mountain fortress. She cocked her head and considered it for a moment. Some how she knew there would be help waiting there but she did not know how.

"Well if we wan't to get out of this sun I suggest we head for that mountain over there," She said and pointed.

Thomas Barkshield

GROUP 2 MOSSFLOWER.
In the middle of an old forest, a mouse woke up. Tom was his name. Yes, that name felt right. But something was different. He felt warm. Was he wearing a jacket? No, he was... furry. He was completely covered in reddish brown fur, except for his tail. Wait, tail? What was going on? He had gone outside to read his favorite book and... Wait a minute. That was exactly what he had done. There was his book, there was his tent, and there was his sword. Wait, sword? How had he got his paws on that? But when he picked it up, it felt strangley... comforting. Anyhow, he was hungry, and there was a delicious looking stew in the cast iron pot above the fire.

Skyblade

OOC PLEASE READ: Groups 2 and 3 both have four people now. They're open until they max out at five, but it's recommended that any newcomers join Group 1.

@Thomas Barkshield: Can you edit your post? We don't have anything from our old universes with us (unless the book and tent are from the Redwall world, in which case it's fine).

BIC: "It's nice to meet you." Skyblade took a step forward, then stopped. "Aimless Gallivanter? That's a nice name, though a bit of a mouthful. Do you have a nickname?" After a pause, she added, "I'm Skyblade, by the way."

The badger offered a small, awkward smile. "So, you're lost too? I mean, not to offend you or anything," she added quickly. Why don't we pull it together, Skyblade. "Where are you from, though?"

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Aimless Gallivanter

"Nice to meet you too, Skyblade. And, um, I'm not so sure about my nickname. You can call me whatever you want." She kept making partial eye contact, looking away, scratching the back of her neck, and glancing around at the forest nervously. "I'm from, uh, over there," she gestured vaguely in the direction she came from, "I guess you could say I'm lost, yeah." She shrugged, and down at the ground. Having only just met this creature, she didn't feel like she should divulge all her troubles on her. She wanted to help, but she really knew nothing. It seemed like Skyblade wouldn't be able to help her either, and she wished the badger would let her keep going. New people made her nervous. Another part of her, though, was relieved to have found another woodlander; she also didn't like being alone.
im gay!!!!!!

Thomas Barkshield

OOC: the idea is that both the real worlde and the new me were reading at the same time

The Skarzs

Skarzs shielded his eyes from the sun with his paw and looked at the distant peak, closer than it was before, but still a good walk away.
  "It's gotta be better than being in this heat; besides, there might be rainwater or something collected somewhere along it." Gee, that sounds helpful, he reprimanded himself. "You don't happen to have any good water on you, do you? Because I seem to be pretty ill-prepared."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

Faiy realized she had no idea what she had with her, She patted herself down and checked her pockets before she realized that she had no pockets.

"What is it with girls and impractical pockets?" She grumbled more to herself than Skarzs, though she was not sure why she cared, She realized that most people didn't have pockets, except for in coats and aprons, but the injustice that she didn't have proper pockets still itched at the back of her mind. "Sorry, don't have much of anything really," She said with a shrug, "Well standing here isn't getting us anywhere," She said and then started off in the direction of the mountain.