News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Empire Rising

Started by Hickory, June 14, 2016, 04:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

Lacy's teeth were almost chattering too much to speak, but she managed a stuttered, "T-thanks, Dann." The rat kept still by the slowly dying fire, trying to warm her paws. She had the initiative to find some wood, but everything she found was too wet with snow to do more then smoke.

Shivering by the wreckage of her ship Lacy struggled to think of something positive that had happened. Looking skyward the young officer felt a jolt of pain as the Daynora burned outside the atmosphere. How many had died in that surprise attack?

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Fatch of Southsward

Some time had passed before Dann returned. He was almost as cold as Lacy, being out at the mercy of the conditions, but he wore a smile on his face.

"Ho ho! Lacy, c'mon old chap! That's the ticket! You won't believe what I've found! Our friends are alive, many of 'em! Found an escape pod housing a dozen just a mile from here! Liswell and Marv are there. Not a trace of old Colshe, I'm afraid. Seems to have died along with the majority of the crew."

He helped her up, and the two trudged off in the direction he had pointed out: "They've got the escape pod set up as a little shelter, and it's warm and all inside! It'll be great to see 'em all again. And we can work on a way to survive this blasted planet's icy weather!"
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Hickory

OOC: If the others don't post soon, we can timeskip to after they've got some rest.

I really don't want this RP to die. Thanks for hanging on, guys.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: I'm with you to the end mate!  ;)

Might I suggest PM'ing Han / Batlord. If they're not in it anymore, perhaps a few new people could be brought in.

Just throwin' around the idea. I'm happy to continue this way, but Sandpaw and I have been back and forth for pages now, and it's always nice to have some more people to interact with.

LT Sandpaw

"Great job Dann," Lacy chattered doing her best to support herself, walking along independently. The little fire had done wonders, and even though she was still cold she no longer felt in danger. Besides, she was unwilling to appear weak in front of a lower ranked creature, even if he was her friend.
"Were they all uninjured?" She asked as they grew closer, descending a snowy hill. Down below still a good distance out she could see the escape pod, nestled in the snow. Somebeast had done a good job of landing it. "A lot more must have escaped and survived if they did, we could find another group and get a distress beacon running."

Fatch of Southsward

Dann nodded. "Lots of injured, I'd say. Luckily, Liswell is an expert healer. I'm betting everyone will be right as rain in no time."

As they neared the pod he continued "Absolutely, there had to be more than one escape pod. If they all fared as well as this one, then we'll have a reasonable force to resist any attacks if we stand together."

He opened the door to the pod:

"Liswell! Marv! I've got her back safe and sound! Liswell, you'd best check us both out, we've been out in the cold for a long time. Lacy fell into icy water, so she could be in danger of losing her legs to frostbite. Got any remedies for it?"

Hickory

OOC: If you guys are done, we can have a Timeskip.

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: Okay. I guess we can just assume Liswell has taken care of both of us. I'm ready for a time skip.

Hickory

It was early morning. The still burning wreckage of the Daynora added to the rising sun as the snow glittered in the light. The makeshift camp's inhabitants awakened to a crisp morning. Of course, the entire planet was uncharted...

Another set of eyes watched the group from behind distant cover, shifting position intermittently. It would make its move soon.

Fatch of Southsward

Dann rose early that morning. He could not rest when there was so much to be done. The dozen or so survivors had a lot of basic requirements to stay alive. The escape pod had been stocked with some clothes more appropriate for the current conditions. There were only a few pairs of the big warm coats and gloves, and he was clad in one of them. Because of the scarcity of warm clothing, it was important for him to find something to keep everyone warm. He set about trying to move some of the burning wreckage from the Daynora into the middle of the camp, as a bonfire. Unfortunately, the good pieces were too hot to touch and the rest would never provide enough warmth.

He began shifting through a promising pile of smoldering scraps, unaware of the ominous eyes watching and observing.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: I suppose I'm controlling Liswell now, but @BatLord if you want to take him back feel free to do so at any time.

IC:

Stretching and yawning Liswell sat up, sore from his uncomfortable position in the cramped quarters. Standing he tried to tiptoe out of the escape pod without stepping on any tails or paws, a rather challenging endeavor to be told.

"Ouch," Linty squeaked coming awake suddenly. "Liswell."

"Sorry ma'am my bad, I gotta go out."

"Mmhm." Linty sat up herself yawning and arching her back. Standing she joined Liswell on the delicate dance through the dozen or so survivors crammed into the escape pod. Luckily they made it across withoutwaking anyone else, stepping out into the frozen wasteland.

"Well at least its not snowing anymore." Liswell said, somewhat cheerfully. Linty only nodded trudging out, her eyes on the snow.

"Mouse tracks," She muttered looking up.

"My favorite ice cream."

"No mouse tracks in the snow Corporal, I think Dann's already up." Linty snapped. "Did you see him in the pod?"

"Nope," Liswell shrugged, pointing towards the mouse who could be seen rooting through some of the wreckage. "But I can see him right over there."

"Oh; good eyes doc." Linty said as she walked through the snow towards Dann. "Hey Dann Jared, find anything useful?"

Hickory

OOC: Neither Han nor Bat have responded to my PM, so I suppose you are. ;)

Fatch of Southsward

OOC: What should we do about this unseen watcher? Is Sage controlling him/her?

Dann wiped his brow and straightened up. He was holding a cylindrical piece that had been buried in the snow and scrap metal.

"Yep, this looks to be a fuel storage for the pod. We can burn the fuel for a day or two, at least. That's two days longer we can survive out here. Of course, that only fixes the slight problem of living in a freezer. We could still die from starvation or disease before the two days are up. Lovely place, this."

He glanced up at the morning sunrise. The light was reflecting over the snow, illuminating the icy wilderness. It was beautiful, but he knew each day in the frozen tundra would only bring new challenges.

"I'm surprised to see you two up this early. What brings you out?"

Another creature joined the small early morning crew: Marv. He was not overly happy about the situation and he shook his head at the smoldering escape pod and lack of scenery.

"I've captained freighters, fighters and cruisers. I've been to the most luxurious and the most luscious planets in the system. Now here I am, captain of a wrecked escape pod in the middle of nowhere on an abandoned frozen planet! I'll bet no creature lives within 200 miles of this place!"

Hickory

OOC: Yeah, I'm controlling it, it's my character.

BIC:

The figure continued to watch the survivors. Hefting a strange blaster rifle, it followed the movements of the others through the scope. "Idiots," the creature muttered.