An Avian's Ailment

Started by Cornflower MM, August 28, 2016, 07:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

It was a pretty morning on the far edge of Mossflower Woods, just perfect for adventuring. . . Or the start of one. The huge mixed flock of birds was spending out a group of brave birds to go to the famed Redwall Abbey, to get the itch out of their wings and for a reason far more important - To get a cure for the awful disease that was rapidly decimating their numbers.

~~~~~~~~~~

May Lightfeather was fully appreciating the nice weather as she swooped towards her friend, Speckles the chicken. "Hurry it up, slowpoke!" She trilled.
"I'm coming, I'm coming!" The chicken called from her dirt bath. The wren sighed as she turned and started to fly back to the place everyone was supposed to meet. "Come on! NOW!" She called back over a wing.

OOC: Oh gods that's so bad but come on, you know the drill. Posty posty.

Fatch of Southsward

Tryk the Hummingbird buzzed a chuckle to himself at a strange thought he had, as though some narrator was being humorous...

"Oh gods that's so bad but come on. you know the drill. Posty posty"

Tryk wasn't sure what had made him think of such a phrase, but he was in good humor as he went to join the rest of the flock. Even the sight of so many sick and dying did not manage to dampen his spirits too significantly. Although he certainly wasn't falling over himself with joy.
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

Aimless Gallivanter

OOC: runs back to the OOC discussion to see what my character was

BIC: Corniel Kraai the Pied Crow strutted to the meeting place. He held his head high and eyed all those he passed, literally puffing out his feathers as he arrived. "Hello, everyone, dont worry, Corbie is here and at your service, ready to get along on this adventure. Can't wait to save the whole flock."
im gay!!!!!!

Cornflower MM

May arrived in time to Corbie, and gave a small cheep of laughter. "Aren't you high and mighty today, Corbie," she teased, looking back over her shoulder for Speckles. "Ah, here's that harebrain now." She murmured to herself.

Aimless Gallivanter

Corbie was always high and mighty, but he never thought of himself that way. He just harumphed. "Well that's what we're going to do isn't it? Im just trying to start positive."
im gay!!!!!!

Rosie Willowwater

Jade Goldenwing rushed out of her nest with her feathers frizzled and sped towards the meeting place almost knocking over some of the other birds she passed on her way. "Look out!" She squealed and skidded to a halt "Am I late? I woke up a few minutes ago and just realized that the trip was today, and I didn't have and time to freshen myself up. Do I look okay? I'm sure I look like a freak and my feathers must be all over the place and I don't know if this trip would even be a good idea. I mean we could get lost or get hurt or even die!" Jade looked up at the other birds realizing her mistake "Sorry"

Aimless Gallivanter

Corbie looked down at her haughtily. "Good grief, you're a mess. Are you sure you should even be coming? Too bad you didnt just keep sleeping, we could've left you behind."
im gay!!!!!!

Rosie Willowwater

"Oh. I-I'm sorry" Jade said feeling her cheeks getting redder by the second "I'll stay back if its better for the rest of the you" Jade slowly started walking away looking even more disheveled than she had been before.

Aimless Gallivanter

OOC: sorry Corbie is a jerk @Peony come fix this
im gay!!!!!!

Delthion

Aodh Flamewing had waited for this moment for a very long time, it had been quite a while since any vermin had been brave and foolhardy enough to venture into the woods under his watchful gaze. He soared above the rest of the group, twirled in the air, and began to dive. He dove right at Corbie, and pulled up and landed right next to him, screeching with laughter at the pied crow's terror. "Well, are we starting yet?" he said impatiently. Flapping his wings in anticipation.

OOC: I hope that's alright Galli, controlling Corbie a bit.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Cornflower MM

May glared at Corbie, "Anyone can come if they want to!" She snapped at him before flying over in front of Jade. "Pay no mind to him, my dear, he's not a morning bird." She said, reaching out and smoothing a feather down on the younger bird's head. "I'd be honoured if you flew next to me, Jade."
"Or you can walk next to me!" Speckles cried, walking up.

OOC: Poor Speckles, I have a feeling she's mostly going to be used for comical relief. Anyway, Rosie, sorry for the mild PP, I can change it if you like.

Aimless Gallivanter

OOC: youre fine Del! just dont make a habit of it ;) what vermin though? im confused?

Corbie snorted but held his tongue, smoothing down his feathers after being startled by Aodh. "Who else is coming? Who are we waiting for? We can't wait around much longer, birds are getting sicker as we linger." He was impatient, and a little embarrassed, glaring at Aodh for showing off.
im gay!!!!!!

Rosie Willowwater

Jade smiled at May and Speckles "Thanks for that guys" she remarked quietly "I think I'll go with Speckles if that's alright with you Jade" Then turning to Corbie "I think there are only three or so left to arrive." she said in a more serious tone "But we shouldn't linger very long after they come. It will take long enough to get to the abbey let alone find a cure."

Cornflower MM

"Howard and Besune," May said after looking around. "We'll wait a little longer, and make up the time on the way." She glanced at Jade, "Fine with me." Jade has a good head on her shoulders, she'd be a good leader if something happened to me, feathers forbid. She ruminated
~~~
Speckles gave a happy flap, "Cool!

OOC: @Eulaliaaa!

Delthion

OOC: @Aimless Gallivanter, I just meant vermin that might have tried to set up some sort of headquarters here. Nothing really relevant.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.