News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Redwall Graphic Novel

Started by Ashleg, May 30, 2017, 04:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeadowR

Yeah, it is really... I just meant that Brian might've chosen Matthias to be a 'teenagery' age thinking it might be interesting to readers for him to be closer to the main target age, or something.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

LordTBT

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on November 26, 2017, 10:26:08 PM
I think I still see him as teenagery age in the novel. This 'unlikely hero' being more relate-able to the target audience with his youth for the first book. Didn't the TV series have him at 13? I would say older than that, though. And no reason he couldn't get married 17, 18, 19, or whatever equivalent in this non-modern setting. :)

Which is why I said "young teenager." There is quite a dramatic gap between 13 and 17-19, which is more along the lines of "older teenager/young adult."

Tarnfalk

Well he could be 14 or 15 and get married. Don't forget that this is basically set in medieval England in quite a few ways so while that age would be somewhat unusual it wouldn't be unheard of. Throw in that they are mice and that could alter the age of marriage. Of course that's why I tend to use equivalent age, while they may be the equivalent of 17 they could actually be eight to twelve seasons old. Throw in that animals speed through adolescence then slow down somewhat and that could explain quite a lot. As is I am definitely favoring him being the equivalent of 16 or 17 perhaps going to 22. He'd likely be considered an adult however he also probably wouldn't have full duties yet.
"No captain can do very wrong if he places his ship alongside that of the enemy." - Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson

Campanella

Although it takes out a lot of the plot, I adore it mostly for the art. There's some really awesome panels!
Speaking of other redwall books, the cookbook has amazing art too; its considerably softer and more cutesy.

Ashleg

Cutesy and Redwall just...should stay separate. For a cookbook, though, I guess it's fine. Don't wanna look at some ghastly faces while you make muffins. That'd be odd.

And slightly cool.

Actually, no, just cool.

clunylooney

I read the graphic novel even before I read the actual book.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Kade Rivok

I read the book first, but I also have the graphic novel.  It's pretty neat.
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!

clunylooney

Quote from: Kade Rivok on April 25, 2020, 07:06:24 AM
I read the book first, but I also have the graphic novel.  It's pretty neat.

I read the Graphic novel in either 2016 or 2017 and then I read the actual book in early 2019.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me