News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

YouTube

Started by Maudie, October 01, 2017, 05:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetthebinturong

You guys are aware that tumblr has an SFW mode, right? In fact it should be the default, since I spent forever trying to work out how to turn it off. Not sure it'll do anything about the swearing though.

As for youtube, the only youtubers I watch with any frequency are Dan and Phil.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ashleg

Tumblr is and always will be an abyss of horror...

Jetthebinturong

Depends entirely on you. Tumblr requires you to police yourself for content you take exception to, a valuable skill. There are plenty of perfectly SFW Tumblr blogs out there. Because Tumblr is not just a website, it's a blogging platform. If you have an account and you manage to stumble across something you don't like, that's on you, not the person that posted it, and certainly not on Tumblr.

Ashleg

Andy

My problem with tumblr was just how rude and elitist so many of the users I saw were. Like it seemed like it could be a nice place, but I saw so many people just being horrible to other people for no reason (also my ex kept trying to force me to like the site as much as she did and that kinda put me off it). So I've never cared for it, but from my understanding, it can be quite good if it's your thing and you stay in areas that are for you.

But this thread is for YouTube. I mostly watch Cryaotic, Good Mythical Morning, Team Four Star Gaming, and Outside Xbox. Periodically I will watch Cracked or ChannelFrederator or Achievement Hunter/Rooster Teeth. I hope to eventually make a channel where I'll probably do readings, talk about random things, and possibly sing, but I need to wait for a few months or a year or so because I have to work on my voice first. I have also considered doing let's plays, as well as Q&As (I actually did a few of these before, as well as videos where I talked about things people had suggested to me). If I ever actually learn to play the guitar, I'd also post videos of me playing songs.  I technically have a channel where I posted some AMV-type things I'd made, but I was never super good at it and that's not really what I want to do anymore.
Only actions can speak the truth.

Jetthebinturong

Yeah callout culture and purity politics need to die.

Back on topic, I have a couple of Youtube channels. I'm not going to link them here but both can be found on this site if you care enough to go digging.

Ashleg

I have a second channel that only my two best friends know about. :)

Rosie Willowwater

The Skarzs

@Rosie Willowwater Did you see the new No Evil episode?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Rosie Willowwater

Yessss. It's cool. All of them are cool.

Rosie Willowwater

Delthion

Ash, there is but one solution here: Run, just run.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Ashleg

* Ashleg gathers his things and takes off for the hills, but trips on his peg leg and goes sprawling and rolls back down the hill to come to a halt at Rosie's feet.

...g-g-gah!

Delthion

* Delthion picks up Ash and throws him into a distant neutron star.

Only there will you be safe from Rosie. Take heart Ash!
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.