News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Blood and Vinegar (A Roleplay)

Started by Krantor the Brutal, October 18, 2017, 06:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krantor the Brutal

All was peaceful in the land of Mossflower, and the majestic fortress of Salamandastron stood tall and proud. All this was protected none other than, Sharpstripe the Badger Lord of Salamandastron. Under him, Mossflower enjoyed an age of peace and security; thanks to the valiant warriors of the Long Patrol, for no vermin dared cross path with Sharpstripe and his fighting hares. However, that was seasons ago, Sharpstripe is aging, that is not to say, Mossflower isn't safe it is, but over the years, there was such a long period of peace, that who knows what will happen if the Mossflower be attacked by a full force, will the woodlanders be ready?
~
Adoranz the Barbarian, the Wolf-Lord, of the Hildengrad Empire, stood over his horde. They had just conquered another province for his vast kingdom, which slowly, but surely, was reaching north, toward Mossflower and unbeknownst to him, a straight path to Salamandastron!

OOC: Alright, it has started. @Ashleg you can continue from here, or everyone who wants to be from Salamandastron, we can have a bit of bonding time.
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

Ashleg

"My friends," addressed Adoranz, sweeping his green and glowing tyrannical gaze across the beasts in the crowd, his voice sweet in a sickening and cruel kind of way.

His vermin, ferocious and armed to the teeth, stood staring up at him with prideful ambition in their eyes. They--and their leader--had just conquered more territory!

"Today you stand strong and powerful in the newest corner of my grand empire," continued the wolf, gesturing broadly with a huge gray paw.
The emerald beads around his neck tinked as he moved.

"Now, I am absolutely sure that anybeast among you who is not a trainee or daft will know the custom. New territory is a great feat...and with that, let us have a great feast!"

Vermin roared and cheered, causing Adoranz to grin knowingly and hop down from the stone to go and join his deputy.

The Wolf King adjusted his black tunic and his tattered purple shirt, rolling up the sleeves. He flashed his dangerous teeth in a cocky grin.
"My popularity is soaring, eh, Wurthjorg?"

Unimaginative

The empire had spread across the land, like an unstoppable plague, and Wurthjorg the Ghost was pleased to have been an instrumental part of Hildengrad's golden age.

"New territory is a great feat... and with that, let us have a great fest!"

As the horde in front of him erupted into celebration, Wurthjorg scoffed. His liege, Adoranz the Barbarian, had a flare fill for the dramatic. Still, Wurthjorg had to admit; it was certainly effective when it came to managing the mass of vermin who stood before him. Regardless, the stoat neglected to join in the cheers, feeling it unnecessary, and even undignified, for a creature of his importance.

"My popularity is soaring, eh, Wurthjorg?"

Without looking at the warrior king, Wurthjorg responded, smiling coldly as he did so.

"Aye, Adoranz. Who would've thought that food was the way to win a vermin's heart?"

The stoat chuckled at his own joke, and turned to the Barbarian, his head tilted upwards to make eye contact.

OOC: I'm thinking Wurthjorg is kind of casual towards Adoranz, despite Adoranz being his liege. I think Wurthjorg just doesn't care, and kind of ignores typical conventions of talking to his superiors.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

Ashleg

"Me, of course."
Adoranz stared past Wurthjorg, watching as his officers coerced the captured Woodlanders into cooking for the festival.
A pleasant aroma hung lazily in the air.

Glancing down, the warlord tapped the handle of his battleaxe.
"A starving soldier never proved much use to anybeast, you know. Why don't you join them?"

OOC-
I'd imagine Adoranz sees Wurthjorg as his second-in-charge as well as a buddy, somebeast who's almost as smart as he is who he can snark to about his endeavors. He probably lets it slide for the Ghost but not for others (think a "teacher's pet" kind of situation). Wuthjorg gets special privileges.
(Of course, when Adoranz is in a funk or very angry it would not be wise for even Wurth to talk to him like this.)

Unimaginative

"There's those who'd beg to differ, m'lord. A starving beast has something to fight for," Wurthjorg said wryly.

"Aye, I'll eat in a bit. I've always been partial to that bread the Shrews make." He said, gesturing to the aforementioned captives.

With that, the Ghost walked slowly to the feast, pausing to break up a fight between two vermin on the way.
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

The Skarzs

OOC: I feel like not much is going to happen until after Salamandastron falls. Or we could just let this go as it is and it could be a long RP. (In that case, Darkstripe might not show up for a bit and we can have fun with the characters applicable to this current time!)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

OOC-
Not my RP, but it would be cool if we wrote out the whole thing.

Okay, we can timeskip now. Or whatever y'all wanted to do.
IC-
Adoranz leaned back, chuckling to himself.
A feast for his soldiers, but mostly a feast for him as a pat for another job well done.

Krantor the Brutal

From Salamandastron the mountain fortress, Sharpstripe looked out, awaiting his hares of the Long Patrol. He had heard news of a threat that was coming from the south, not sure of what it was, he called the new recruit Ballo Fredelchop. "Fredelchop! Get over here!"
~
Ballo was a young, energetic fellow who longed to go on adventures and missions for Salamandastron, but Sharpstripe still deemed him quite young and inexperienced and thus, he was made a guard to Sharpstripe's quarters. Then HE called,  "Fredelchop! Get over here!"
"I am coming, my Lord!" the hare entered the room excited, "What do you desire me to do? Some vermin chopping and boxing, wot!"
"None of that, as of late, I am trusting you know Major Cordindu Lankshire?" the Badger Lord inquired.
Disappointed Ballo replied, "Yes, I do. Why do you ask?"
"I need you to call him immediately."
"Why? Is there an important mission for him to do?"
Sharpstripe started grunting as he said, "Fredelchop, for a Long Patrol hare you ask too much. Go and do as you're told, and no one enters the room until the major comes out! Understand?"
Distraught at angering his lord, the young rookie nodded and went out to his old friend Cordindu Lankshire, and told him, "Major, Sharpstripe the Badger-Lord of Salamandastron wishes to talk to you, in private."
"Friends, if I advance, follow me! If I retreat, kill me! If I die, avenge me!" - Henri de la Rochejaquelein

The Skarzs

Kanjov the ferret ate his food, watching the wolf Andoranz. He was an impressive creature, for sure, but the ferret still resented him.
  And then there was Wurthjorg. The staot made Kanjov uneasy, and his title, the Ghost, didn't help that.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Scott McLamok

~ Major Cordindu said
"Alrighty, chap, I'll be right there, wot!" Entering  where Sharpstripe was he said, You called me sah?"
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.

Krantor the Brutal

Sharpstripe turned and said, "Major,  I'm glad you're here,  I have a mission for you. There has been a few problems reported. Take a few hares south and see what it is. Do not make yourself seen. Understood?"

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

OOC-
Should I keep going with Adoranz, or do you really want to take turns? I'm thrown off.

Krantor the Brutal

OOC: Well, I just ordered Scott's character to march south on a running/scouting mission. So, Sharpstripe's part is done until further notice.

Scott McLamok

"Understood  sah, I will take my leave."the major said. It would be a long time before the whole Long Patrol would be together again.
"A knife, thrown just right, can accomplish wonderful things." -Cayde- 6

"I'm ready! How bout you?" - Emile-A239

"If you win you live. If you lose you die. If you don't fight, you can't win." – Eren Jaeger

"Keep your wits sharp and your blade sharper." – Mandalore the Destroyer

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas MacArthur

This is the Way.