News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

How to get started?

Started by TorryEllis, December 21, 2017, 05:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TorryEllis

As a major fan of Redwall RP, and Redwall in general, I'm hoping to get into the RP scene here... But, I honestly ain't got a clue how. Do I need to make a character sheet? Where's all the OOC threads? I really would appreciate some assistance...

Ashleg

Well, you can make your own--post what the roleplay's about, and a form to fill out, and bam! If interested, people will join!

The Skarzs

Or you can join a pre-existing RP. Unfortunately there are only a couple active right now, but that could change.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

TorryEllis

It might be best if I joined someone else's RP first, until I can get a feel for things. I don't wanna jump head-first into a pool without learning to swim.

Dannflower Reguba

Welcome to the forum Torry, most people around here call me Dann, and I'm one of the more.... seasoned RP'ers here. I'd agree that being a player instead of a GM for your first RP here would be a good idea, though I don't really have any recommendations right now for RP's to join. All of the threads in this sub-forum are OOC's, so feel free to check around for something that piques your interest. The first post on the thread should be by the GM, and will generally containing the general plot idea, and the character sheet for that RP (they're different for each RP). I'd read through some of the pages, get a feel for the  current characters and where the plot seems to be headed, and if you're interested, put in a sheet. The GM will generally let you know very soon whether or not the character has been accepted, or needs changes.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This