News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Girly Thread

Started by Tiria Wildlough, February 10, 2012, 09:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukka the Sling

*gasp* I literally just saw a tutorial for that yesterday on Pinterest.

Tutorial, for anyone who wants it

[close]

I too am not the greatest with nail polish. :P  And this particular look seems time-consuming, although awesome.
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

. . . That is very girly. Like. . . very.

Quote from: 321tumbler on May 15, 2017, 03:00:50 PM
Mermaids are great, but does she draw the classic little girl fairy-tale depiction of mermaids or does she enjoy the more grotesque sea creature mermaids? That's the important question.
Fairy tale-ish.

But you should see her upper body, though. Got the arms and broad shoulders of a blacksmith-OH WAIT.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Trigoma

*walks into thread*

*looks around awkwardly lost*

*walks out*
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Lady Ashenwyte

how is having a newspaper on your nails fashionable

just cut some newspaper and superglue it to your nails or eyeballs

come on people
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Maudie

Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on May 16, 2017, 03:16:57 PM

come on people

I tried that. It didn't work.

I'm not even lying... :D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

MeadowR

^ Haha!

You can get really fun looking nails these days; however I've never taken to nail varnish myself. When I have used it recently it has been transparent varnish to add a layer of strength to, and generally smoothen, the nails which I constantly bite... another reason for me not to bother with nail varnish! :D
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Lady Amber

^I bite my nails, too. :P I've been trying to stop, but it's a hard habit to break.

Quote from: Maudie on May 16, 2017, 07:30:54 PM
Quote from: Lord_Ashenwyte on May 16, 2017, 03:16:57 PM

come on people

I tried that. It didn't work.

I'm not even lying... :D
Lol, really? XD

The Skarzs

You did? Like, on your eyeballs?
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Banya

My fingernail polish chips so quickly and easily, but thanks for the tutorial! I love cute and interesting nail designs!

Also, if you are a girl and you wear clothes. Or you do things because you have interests. You are welcome here. It doesn't matter if your favourite sport is hunting or ballet; bring those things to this thread. If you ever even read through this thread it's not all about ballgowns and makeup; it's about the things we girls like. Comfortable clothes, athletics, art, it doesn't matter how stereotypically "girly" it is or isn't. If you don't feel like you fit in here, you can pop in and out without posting, but don't shame us who do like stereotypically "girly" things. If girls don't hold each other up no one else is going to.

And if you're a boy who thinks this thread is dumb, get the fuck out. You were never invited to criticize our interests. And maybe this never occurred to you, but we don't paint our nails or pick out our clothes for you.

Maudie

Yeah, get the toad out. What are you doing to that poor toad? :D
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rosie Willowwater

Someday I just want to get a really fancy dress, get my hair styled, and get makeup done by a professional.

Then I would waltz around my house eating pizza.

Banya

^That sounds amazing.

My mom just emailed me a week or two ago to say that I have too many prom/ballgown-style dresses in her house. Lol they're just too pretty to give up on and I can still fit into them, whether or not I have anything to wear them to!

Do you have a Younkers or Sephora in your local mall? Because they have professionals who do free makeovers by appointment! I always did that before dances in high school. I didn't get any good at doing makeup or even wear it much until recently when I got into cosplay.

The Skarzs

Contributing to her claim that she swears like a sailer, Banya must also be an old salt.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000