News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

V.##:1047

Started by Gonff, June 12, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many VBS' are you planning to go to/help with?

None
1 (16.7%)
One
3 (50%)
More than one
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Gonff

This is a thread to discuss things related to Vacation Bible School. You can post prayer requests, the verse of the day, or just a funny thing that happened during VBS. Please do not post any names of places, churches, or people.

Today was the first day of the V.##:1047 that I am helping with. We have been planning it and working on decorations for weeks and it was a very exiting and crazy day. We had 97 kids pre-registered which is crazy considering the fact that last year we only barely got over a hundred kids on our highest day. We had about 135 kids come today witch really stretched our facilities. The two oldest classes (Middler, 4th-5th grade and Junior 6th-7th grade) were outside the church in tents. I was working in the kindergarten class which had 35 kids. We were not expected that many and you can pray as we are stretched to the limit. At the moment I am exhausted from the day and feel like I may not be making sense so I'll hopefully post more tomorrow.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Rainshadow

One bad thing that happened to me when I was still in VBS was that they had a bouncy slide at the end of the week, and I decided to go down it.  But, I realized too late that it was very steep.  I tumbled and rolled down the slide, and when I made it to the bottom, I landed wrong on my ankle.  I sprained my ankle that day, and the worst part was that it was only about halfway through the VBS day.  Also, I had a play-date with my friend later on that day, and I kinda had to hobble around her house.  But, oh well, I got over it.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

I went to VBS when I was seven and eight. It was at a small church across the street, from my house. I haven't been in years. We did crafts, played games, and volunteered for charity projects.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

rakkety tam

my church is doing VBS later in June....................holy 135 kids my church gets like 20 at the most i live in a small town and i'm not sure if i will be helping with vbs or in it i'm like 13 so  i'm in the teen class so i may not be in it
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Gonff

Quote from: rakkety tam on June 12, 2012, 06:42:56 AM
i'm like 13 so  i'm in the teen class so i may not be in it

See if you can help! It's fun and very rewarding. We have people that age helping us!

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on June 12, 2012, 04:13:19 AM
We did crafts, played games, and volunteered for charity projects.

That's kinda what we do. We also have an opening with a play and some songs and a closing with about the same thing. Hopefully we don't run out of material for everyone to make our craft! Our missions project this year is for the orphanages in Romania because in a couple weeks there is a college graduate in our church who will be going to help the kids in the orphanages there.

Quote from: rakkety tam on June 12, 2012, 06:42:56 AM
135 kids my church gets like 20 at the most i live in a small town

My church is located in a small town too. Last year was the first year we got over one-hundred and we only did that on wendesday so as you can see we are expanding quickly. We are hoping to build onto the church before the next V.##:1047 And tomorrow is bring a friend day!

Quote from: Rainshadow on June 12, 2012, 03:38:18 AM
I sprained my ankle that day, and the worst part was that it was only about halfway through the VBS day.

I don't think we've ever had any accidents worse then a very badly skinned knee. We do have a retired nurse who works at VBS so if anything happens we all know who to go to.

The bible story yesterday was about Joshua-the twelve spies and Jerico. The theme was courage and our memory verse was Joshua 1:9--

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

UNKN0WN

YEAH V.##:1047  I've been in that program for a long time and helped in it too

SpiderMonkey

Our church doesn't really have a program. I do help coach little league baseball though.

Redwallfan7

I lost all of the crafts that I made when I was in vbs a looong long time ago.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

UNKN0WN

my mom and I kept making them (and even made new and improved ones)