News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Most Certifiably Insane Villain (We're Talkin' NUTS, People!)

Started by White One6193, July 17, 2012, 12:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WarriorOfMossflower

Gabool's definitely tops, but Cluny was going wacko towards the end of his life.
In process of rekindling my love for Redwall.

Tam and Martin

Gabool was probably the craziest of them all but there was also Gulo, Queen Silth, and Tsarmina.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

WildDoogyPlumm

I put Gulo before, but Gabool is wacko.  He starts hallucinating after a long time of no sleep.  He thinks Mariel tried to kill him and throws her off a cliff.  And he set up a trap involving a hidden room and a scorpion.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Skipper

Gulo was savage and only started to get insane near the end of the book. So my first choice would be Gabool. Also would Major Cuthbert Blanedale Frunk count as being insane?

Trisscar

Well, Cuthbert was a hare and one of the hares of Salamandastron, so he's not really a villian.
Please click!

phoenixfoden

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on September 21, 2012, 11:20:19 AM
I put Gulo before, but Gabool is wacko.  He starts hallucinating after a long time of no sleep.  He thinks Mariel tried to kill him and throws her off a cliff.  And he set up a trap involving a hidden room and a scorpion.
i put slagar or cluny before but now you mention this i agree gabool is the craziest.

White One6193

Looking back across the years of Redwall reading that I have done, Gabool is still Brian's most "fleshed-out" villain. He has the best characterization.

I'd put Vilu Daskar on this list, but he wasn't really insane. He was just E-V-I-L.   
"Ride for wrath, ride to ruin, and the world's ending!"- King Theoden

RIP Brian Jacques... ET NOMINE PATRI, ET FILLI, ET SPIRITUS SANCTI, AMEN!

Mit Gott, Fur Koenig, und Die Vadeirlandt!

AxeHound

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Skipper

Quote from: Trisscar on September 22, 2012, 02:56:57 PM
Well, Cuthbert was a hare and one of the hares of Salamandastron, so he's not really a villian.
Thanks, forgot it was villans.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Lord Gorath

Ungatt Trunn was going completely hyserical towards the end.

Vilu Daskar

Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

UNKN0WN

the Joker from The Dark Knight!
*just kidding; wrong story"  ;D

Rusvul

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 17, 2012, 03:58:38 AM
Well, lessee...

Silth was crazy. Crazy enough to be frightened half to death by a pretend ghost. It would have been interesting if Lantur had just left her to stew instead of poisoning her.
@White One: Gotta agree on Gabool. He was about the most insane Redwall villain. Remember the part where he thinks some other vermin is Graypatch? :-\

I'll think of more later.

Silth was crazy, Lantur was crazy (After taking the throne), *Sigh* Mokkan (My favorite villain :() went power mad after taking the throne, Gabool was crazy (I mean, he talks to a stinkin' bell, and when it doesn't answer him, he cries with rage and kicks it. Can't get much more insane than that), Gulo was crazy, Badrang went a little insane, Clogg just never was sane, Yah.