News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie Willowwater

Ashleg

No, we can't change the past--that's why we mustn't be blind to peoples' gags in the future.
If everyone had just identified the troll there would be no problem. ::)

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Ashleg on May 23, 2017, 11:29:19 PM
So there is no room for realists, we must all give the benefit and be cheery even when the situation is blatantly obsurd and has gotten people banned before.
Somebody did a social experiment with the intent to irritate us and now the mods are irritated that we're irritated. And we who got irritated and saw it as it was are the horrible perpetrators for saying something.
Alright.
Gotcha.
Definitely understand.

...My tail.

I think what they're trying to say is something like "Saying something is okay, but when it's repeated over and over and some are practically telling the mods/admins to do it and not in a joking way it's not okay anymore"

That's all I'm going to say on the subject, except for two things: Listen to James, because he's right. And I wasn't trying to bash anyone, and I'm truly and sincerely sorry if it came across that way.
No wait I lied.
I've been punished for backseat modding before, so it's not like it's a new thing that just came into being or the mods/admins are picking on someone either.

*Goes to wash dishes, comes back, and seven replies are posted* Well that's annoying.

Quote from: Ashleg on May 24, 2017, 12:46:22 AM
No, we can't change the past--that's why we mustn't be blind to peoples' gags in the future.
If everyone had just identified the troll there would be no problem. ::)

I don't think it's so much the troll as the reaction. See above.

Also @Søren I love the reference :))

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Groddil

There is a very clear difference between a troll and a legitimate new member.

Spelling mistakes or no spelling mistakes, no real member would make an account with random numbers as their username, then immediately go to the wrong board and advertise a mattress.

Not even counting the fact this it's a mattress, something which is barely worth any money and wouldn't be worth selling online when there are multiple furniture stores in every town, and even then, just sell it in your bloody town, WHY would you sell a mattress on a children's book forum, rather than a shopping site?

They even said that they'd ship it anywhere. How are they supposed to make enough money to prevent somebody from dying by selling a mattress on the internet, then paying for shipping?

Even if they were a real person, I still wouldn't give the benefit of the doubt to somebody that stupid.

The Redwallabbey.com version of the Forum is filled with so many 0-post accounts, most of which only exist to advertise something, that it's not funny. Somebody needs to weed out the trash.

I'm a pessimist. You say that this kind of really bad stuff is why we don't get new members, and all of that jazz, but how many real members get overlooked because there are so many of these fuckers. Can we just ban all the accounts with 0 posts that follow the same formula of "FirstnameRandomword username, random details, website advertising"?

I don't regret what I said. Watch the video (NSFW). Sometimes, SOMEBODY has to be harsh on idiots. And if you use Discord and aren't SFW-Friendly, then you know what kind of person I really am. A [rat]. And [rat]s [toad] [ferret]s.

The Skarzs

The fact that the forum has a filter makes your "passionate" posts even more funny.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Delthion

What is this "soery" thread?

EDIT: ...interesting...
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

The Skarzs

Yeah. . . I don't think we need to discuss it further.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Lady Ashenwyte

Edit after reading it: oh come on i wanted to buy a mattress
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

The Skarzs

It would have cost you well over $300 for shipping.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

Spoiler
Okay now we're completely missing the point and acting spoiled.
[close]

SO. TIME FOR A NEW SUBJECT.

Rosie Willowwater

HOW ABOUT TALKING ABOUT FLUFFY BUNNIES.

Cornflower MM

YES. FLUFFY BUNNIES ARE THE BEST.

Rosie Willowwater

I USED TO SEE THEM IN MY YARD A LOT BUT NOW I RARELY SEE ANY