News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The most random thread ever!!!

Started by Icefire, July 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on September 19, 2017, 08:22:26 PM
Hey, anyone heard anything from @Andy lately?  Probably just busy, but I'm a bit concerned. :/

He's not coming back to the forum. He's still active on Discord, and he told me so there. He feels he can't speak his mind and that it's no fun anymore. Partly because he can't speak his mind and there was something about passive-aggressive attacks. . . I dunno, it was a while ago. As far as I know he'll still be active on Discord.

James Gryphon

I can see it. There's a certain tendency in the community to indiscriminately debate things, whether facts, opinions, or feelings. Now, debate isn't a bad event, in its place and time, particularly among people that are keen on it. However, it's easy to see how someone can get a negative impression when there always seems to be someone else to come along not only to differ from but to oppose whatever you stated most recently.
« Subject to editing »

MeadowR

Oh, that's a shame. :/ I know Andy had his reservations about some behaviour of members, yet he still seemed a respected member by many and I thought he liked it enough to persist...

I don't know. I think I'm missing something with this forum. I know it is quite close-knit, but I really don't feel it's unwelcoming to newcomers and all that? *shrug*
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Wylder Treejumper

Yeah. I think we could be a little more welcoming, but on the whole I think we do a pretty good job of trying to welcome new members.

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Lady Amber

Quote from: Delthion on September 19, 2017, 09:04:19 PM
Quote from: James Gryphon on September 19, 2017, 08:46:44 PM
"They have."

::)

I didn't know that Andy was used by multiple people. ;D That's what I was asking.
No, Andy is just one person.

Maudie

While I don't think any of it was on purpose, I can see how Andy would have felt out of place on the forum. Regardless, I hope he'll come back eventually. Hopefully we can be more open and welcoming.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Jukka the Sling

Quote from: Cornflower MM on September 20, 2017, 03:25:21 PM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on September 19, 2017, 08:22:26 PM
Hey, anyone heard anything from @Andy lately?  Probably just busy, but I'm a bit concerned. :/

He's not coming back to the forum. He's still active on Discord, and he told me so there. He feels he can't speak his mind and that it's no fun anymore. Partly because he can't speak his mind and there was something about passive-aggressive attacks. . . I dunno, it was a while ago. As far as I know he'll still be active on Discord.
What?  That's unfortunate. :(  What passive agressive attacks?  I seriously hope someone wasn't bullying through PM's. (Hopefully this post all makes sense - I havent been able to really sleep in over 24 hours bc trip to Oklahoma)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Wylder Treejumper

@Jukka the Sling: This is rather random, but what religious denomination are you? I know Skarzs and Rosie are Catholic; Maudie, myself and several others are Mormon; Banya is non-denominational, I believe (although I could be wrong); Mhera was a very strict Calvinist (Baptist, if I recall correctly)- but I'm not sure what you are, other than some form of Protestant.

"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on September 21, 2017, 12:20:11 AM
@Jukka the Sling: This is rather random, but what religious denomination are you? I know Skarzs and Rosie are Catholic; Maudie, myself and several others are Mormon; Banya is non-denominational, I believe (although I could be wrong); Mhera was a very strict Calvinist (Baptist, if I recall correctly)- but I'm not sure what you are, other than some form of Protestant.

Vell ziz iz ze topic fer it. *Due tae a lack o' random poztz ze lazt zeveral poztz poztz a zong by Hammerfall*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Maudie

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Wylder Treejumper

Just in case anyone gets the idea that college is all fun and games: sometimes, college will make you feel like you are being run over by a train. In slow motion. While simultaneously being sprayed in the face with every type of Axe product that has ever been made.
-Thomas Paine

-George Washington

The Skarzs

Welcome to heeeellllll, weather's great here. . .
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Maudie

The other day my friends were on a train and it ran into a cow. Or two. There was blood all over the train.

So in college you feel like the cow?

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: The Skarzs on September 21, 2017, 01:10:21 PM
Welcome to heeeellllll, weather's great here. . .

Skarzs knows Yogscast? DOES NOT COMPUTE. DOES NOT COMPUTE.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan