News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

what is the most horrible vermin death

Started by Veil Sixclaw, October 18, 2012, 05:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

Wasn't Killconey chopped into two at the end of Redwall? That was gruesome.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

Jewel Thief

Feril the luckless ferret's throat was crushed when Axtel rammed his neck with a crutch. I imagine that sounds pretty painful...
That and Skel and Reggo's drowning deaths, what with heavy rocks tied to their necks and all that. I always felt terrible for those two. :(
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those silver pistols?
Hey Jewel thief where do you get, all those arrowheads?

Izeroth

(Irrelevant)

Ashleg

Um... O_o
Nevermind, ignore this.

clunylooney

Quote from: Veil Sixclaw on March 24, 2013, 12:23:51 PM
i just thought of another one! ;D

watzis name from loam hedge that had dryditch fever and got left behind by his brother and also gave it to all the redwallers!!  :P

You got so many things wrong in that sentence. First of all, his name was Thura and he was from Salamandastron and Second, the guy who left him behind was not his brother.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

clunylooney

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on March 31, 2013, 03:31:52 AM
Quote from: Norham Waterpaw on March 31, 2013, 03:24:22 AM
Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on October 22, 2012, 09:44:31 PM
Ungatt Trunn's was pretty horrible.

How did he die? I forgot.
He got his neck broken, but that didn't kill him, but then a fox pushed him out to sea were he died...unfortunautly!

WHY ARE PEOPLE SAYING THAT HE GOT HIS NECK BROKEN? IT WAS HIS BACK! IF HE HAD GOTTEN HIS NECK BROKEN HE WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD INSTANTLY!
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

clunylooney

Quote from: Hickory on December 05, 2014, 10:09:35 PM
Really? Ugnatt Trunn? Riggu FElis had a star embedded in his brain

Yes but if that happened you would't feel much pain and Ungatt's included agony and slowness.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Verdauga

Killing the mood since 2019

Thanks for the artwork Lass, Scott, and Wortshire! (And Dannflower as well for the Worldstate badge.)

clunylooney

"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

clunylooney

I think the worst death was that vermin from Salamandastron who was impaled on a spike and then skinned. But Ungatt's was pretty bad too.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Sebias of Redwall

Quote from: clunylooney on April 14, 2020, 11:00:29 PM
I think the worst death was that vermin from Salamandastron who was impaled on a spike and then skinned.
^

Also, all of the vermin who were boiled, then buried alive.
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

Flib Bigboat

Quote from: Blaggut on September 16, 2015, 07:48:56 PM
That one guy who held his sword aloft and was struck by lightning
From Triss? I forget his name but he was some sort of vermin captain. "He vas struck by der lightnink!"
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

MeadowR

I can only remember some of them, such as Ungatt Trunn's. Brian wrote some pretty horrendous deaths! Some I'd say give Game Of Thrones a run for its money.  :laugh:
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Mara the Wolf

Some characters die in fairly horrible ways. It can be disturbing to some. One of the most horrifying examples took place in The Legend of Luke. Two rats are bullying a seemingly defenseless otter, taunting about how they're going to drown him just because they can. Martin sees this, but Log-a-Log—knowing who this otter is—wisely tells him to keep Trimp and Chugger from seeing what happens next. And for good reason: once one of the rats got too close, the "defenseless" otter sinks his teeth directly into the vermin's throat. But that wasn't all bad... at least the otter had some company for dinner...

Many, many villains in the Redwall series. Deaths—shown "onscreen"—include being crushed under a giant bell, being pulled into a sinkhole and drowning, being devoured by a giant eagle, pierced through the heart by a huge crossbow bolt, and being slowly driven insane and to suicide by the heroes.
Those were just the first two books in the series (out of twenty-something), by the way. Others include getting ripped apart by three snakes at once, sucked into a whirlpool, force drowned, and, also from the second book, being tossed into the air to land impaled on some upward-pointing javelins.
A fox got stabbed through the brain by the fangs of the wolf skull he wore as a helmet when he was picked up and slammed headfirst into a tree. Then Ungatt Trunn got possibly the most horrible death of the lot; he's left for dead on the seashore with a broken back, but he's still alive, and the tide is coming in veeeeeeerrrrrry slowly ...
There are also some undoubtedly painful deaths on the red shirts of either side. In one book, a shrew is shot in the eye with an arrow, in another a mook has his head and paw chopped off, and there are also many others.
In the first book was one villain murdered another by stepping on his throat, and holding his foot there until death.
Brian Jacques really doesn't sugarcoat death, despite the series being categorized as children's literature.

Some of the more gruesome deaths (mostly of villains) include: being boiled to death by scalding water, having their spine snapped and still living for hours after, being asphyxiated after paralysis, getting shredded to pieces by pike fish, getting force-drowned, being eaten alive by giants snakes, being eaten alive by cannibals, being eaten alive by spider crabs, being thrown onto a row of sharpened javelins, being flayed alive, getting a smashed-in skull, being cloven in two with a sword or axe, being stung to death by thousands of bees, and the usual beheading, impaling, and poisoning. Several good guys die this way as well.
And in non-death violence:
One big bad gets his tail cut off.
One gets half of his face ripped off by a hawk.
Another survives gets bitten in the head by an adder and has a hideously deformed and flayed face to show for it.
Yet another has his paw ripped off.
One mook gets smashed hard into a wall (and survives).
Another mook is tortured on a rack before being strung up and shot full of arrows.
Fursonas:
Riley: Mountain lion, Sonic the Hedgehog
Amara: African wild dog, The Lion King/The Lion Guard
Masika: Eurasian river otter, Redwall
Mara: Wolf, general