The Quest for Romance: Land

Started by Rainshadow, October 27, 2012, 05:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leatho Shellhound

Featherwood pulled out his sword and walked adead of the others calling Luspihi to fallow.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Dannflower Reguba

"Wait for a moment Featherwood, it is NEVER a good idea to rush into things. Now Acorn, please tell us all you know.

OOC: lol, posting the same thing twice is a little awkward, do you mind waiting for Brookskimmer to post?
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Skyblade

"I just some a couple beasts up ahead! They could be rats, but I'm not sure..."

Silverstorm tensed. The young badger had experience in this field, having led a tough life so far. She found herself frantically asking questions similar to Luspihi's and shut her mouth. She drew her sword and padded ahead a few steps but not far, ready for any attack.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

BrookSkimmer

Ooc: thus is gonna be short I'm on my phone texting this. :)

Bic: the squirrel quickly related what she had seen.

"I thought I saw a pair of rats up ahead. They appeared to be slightly armed. Ones closer to the road the other is just inside the forest."

She nodded "that's all I saw. I'll go back up there and let you know if I see anything new."

Rikkendo pulled out his sword and made to follow the otters.

"Let's keep our wits about us everybeast. No need to rush in and start trouble."

Skyblade

Silverstorm nodded at the new information and joined Rikkendo and the otters. Her paw still held the grip on her sword, and her senses were extra vigilant. She walked slowly and cautiosly ahead.

Dannflower Reguba

Lusiphi relaxed, "Just two? Gosh mate, should've told me sooner. Two vermin aren't worth a crust of bread 'atwixt 'em!" The otter started forward with only his sling, but not without calling. "Anyone wanna join the party?"

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Rainshadow

Avalanche ran forward to join him.  "Aye, I'll join ye!"
  Tempest hung back.  She didn't find fighting appealing.  "I'll stay behind."
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Tiria Wildlough

'Be careful...' murmured Tia. She quickly shut up, hoping no one would think she was scared.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

redwallgurl

Terra tried acting confident. She had no experince in battle being reared up in Redwall. Trying not to loose face she told the others, "I'll just stay with Tempest in case of anything happening."
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Skyblade

"Let's go," Silverstorm said tensely. The badger knew what a value time was, especially in situations like these. She kept her sword ready and waited for the others, trying not to be impatient.

BrookSkimmer

Churrup had spotted the traveling group from Redwall. It appeared they were breaking into two groups. The robin flew swiftly down closer to get a better look.

When he was closer the robin could clearly see the rats up ahead of the group. Knowing how Redwallers tended to behave Churrup sighed and swooped down onto the path in front of the group.

"Stop right there!"

Rikkendo moved to stand in front of Churrup. "Scuse us Churrup, but we have vermin to attend to."

The robin held his ground and spoke up. "Well, I shouldn't even warn you. I should have gone to Redwall with this information. They would have rewarded me with seed cakes."

Acorn came to stand beside the would be mouse warrior. "Come now Rikkendo... It sounds like the robin has important news. We should listen to our brave informant."

Churrup bobbed his head to the pretty squirrelmaid and carried on, "as I was about to say... There has been a slave taken and the ship has set out to sea. The sky is beginning to darken and I think it would prove you best to steal a watch on the captain of the slave ship if you want to see that rabbit they took alive ever again. I believe you will be able to catch the Lashkeel in another vessel, but you need to set out for the shore now. Leave the rats and follow me!"

Dannflower Reguba

Lusiphi spoke up, "For all we know you could be tryin' to protect 'em, no offense mate." He turned to speak to the others who were planning on going after the "vermin", "I'll go check them out, and catch up with everybeast later, this shouldn't take long."

OOC: Assuming that Flandor and Something Horrifying want to join us.

Rainshadow

Avalanche stepped forward, saying, "I'll go with ye, mate.  No sense in lettin' ye face two rats by yerself."
  Tempest nodded and turned to the others.  "Well, shall we follow Churrup?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

redwallgurl

"Sure let's follow Churrup if everybeast is willing," said Terra agreeing with Tempest.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

BrookSkimmer

Sure let's follow Churrup if everybeast is willing

Churrup bobbed his head as he replied. "Willing to pay me my seed cakes upon completion of the journey?"

Acorn flicked her tail in agitation. "There are beasts being taken prisoner by pirates and all you can think about are seedcakes?"

"Well, a bird has to eat now doesn't he?"

The squirrelmaid relented. There was no talking sense into some beasts. "Yes, I'm sure there'll be enough seedcake to fill your beak for a season if you help us with the rescue. Now lead the way robin."

Rikkendo hitched up his haversack as he trotted after the robin. He turned to Tia and offered a reassuring smile. He was glad she had come along on the adventure.
______

Night saw the group make their way to the shore. The moon glimmered down over the travelers, illuminating the oily waters of the dock yard.

"Where's the Lashkeel Churrup?"

The robin looked this way and that and then shrugged. "Out to sea I suppose."

Rikkendo sighed. How are we supposed to follow the ship? We don't have a vessel of our own?"