News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Castaways of the Flying Dutchman Discussion

Started by Matthias720, July 07, 2011, 04:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowed One

Quote from: Captain Tammo on August 24, 2011, 01:28:03 AM
Well to an extent yes. After the third story, that's when Ben and Ned go to Chapelvale. So technically, the sequence if events is:

Book 1: The ship
Book 1: The Shepard
All of book 2
All of book 3
Book 1: The village

And did anyone else know that Brian was approached by STEVEN SPIELBERG to
make a movie of the castaways of the flying Dutchman and Brian turned him down because he wanted kids to read instead!?!??

I knew that. I wish they made a movie of it.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Captain Tammo

I was just thinking about what a movie about the castaways of the Flying Dutchman would be like, it'd be pretty sweet with someone like Spielberg on it, but do you think it'd stay true to the books?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

MeadowR

The only book of this series I've read is, I think, The Angel's Command. I thought it was good, but not a patch on Redwall, which seems to be the thing with some authors: they do a great series, try something new and then it's not quite so enticing.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Captain Tammo

I disagree. I thought the trilogy of The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman was spectacular! Give the other books a chance and then tell us if you feel the same ;)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Maudie

I loved Castaways of the Flying Dutchman! It's one of my favorite series.

*400th post in this board*
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

MeadowR

I'll try and seek more out if I can get to any car boot sales or charity shops, then. :)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

MeadowR

^ Oh yeah, I forgot about getting them cheap on the internet... duh me!

Thanks for letting me know!:)
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

OtterMom

Whether you like the sea or not, the stories of Ben and Ned are filled with all the witty banter, mystery and life lessons you find in the Redwall series.

I HIGHLY recommend the Angel's Command books.
Like all of Brian Jacques stories, we have read them over and over.

OtterMom

Quote from: Gonff on July 12, 2011, 01:56:24 PM
I'm trying to get them from my library can anyone tell me the names of the 3 books in order?

Castaways of the Flying Dutchman
Angel's Command
Voyage of Slaves

OtterMom

The Castaways series has Ned, the dog.
He is our favorite character, witty, wise and loves a good ear scratch.

Vilu Daskar

Quote from: OtterMom on September 15, 2013, 03:16:16 AM
Quote from: Gonff on July 12, 2011, 01:56:24 PM
I'm trying to get them from my library can anyone tell me the names of the 3 books in order?

Castaways of the Flying Dutchman
Angel's Command
Voyage of Slaves
Those are in order
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~

WildDoogyPlumm

"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy