Castles and sorts

Started by Lord Gorath, November 18, 2012, 02:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which would best hold of a mass invasion of the Blue Hordes after the events of Lord Brocktree?

Salamandastron
25 (46.3%)
Palace of Ublaz
2 (3.7%)
Fort Bladegirt
1 (1.9%)
Redwall Abbey
8 (14.8%)
Castle Marl
12 (22.2%)
Castle Floret
6 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Lord Gorath

So, which of these would stand a mass invasion of the largest army in the whole Redwall series?

W0NWILL

I'm thinking either Redwall or Salamandastron. Redwall because the Guosim are usually nearby, and the Long Patrol comes by there often. They have moles, which are great for battle; they can dig tunnels behind the enemy lines that can either help the dibbuns escape or a surprise attack for behind. However, the Redwallers don't have the most skill in battle.
My defense for Salamandastron is that Salamandastron is built to withstand a siege, and these sorts of battles almost always end with a siege. Salamandastron has crop fields on the sides, large larders(they have to be so to feed hares!). The hares are trained for battle, and they have a bloody badger lord. The mountain is tough, but not impossible to climb, the badger lord could shove rocks down at any vermin that attempt to. However, Salamandastron does not have moles, and that is bad. Partly because moles are awesome, and also because of the above mentioned use for them. Another, more serious reason is that Salamandastron doesn't have as much friendly creatures nearby compared to Redwall, and can't count on backup.

Lord Gorath

;D Nice part about feeding hares, they will eatcha' outta 'ouse and 'ome!

AxeHound

I think Castle Marl. It's hard to get to and difficult to attack.

(please do not send me the pm game messages)

Lord Gorath

Quote from: AxeHound on November 18, 2012, 06:25:46 PM
I think Castle Marl. It's hard to get to and difficult to attack.

But then again there are those wooden planks that were left there.

Redwallfan7

I'd say Redwall, followed by Salamandastron.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Lord Gorath

phoenixfoden

Castle marl because if you can sink the enemys boats they get eaten by the pike.

Kitsune

DanielofRedwall

An interesting question... I'm going to go with Redwall and Salamandastron as well. Redwall because it has managed to withstand a lot of massive hordes easily enough (eg Cluny's) and I guess they'd be able to withstand the Blue Hordes as well. They have a distinct advantage with its structure as well, mostly the walls, which was pretty much the only reason that they could defeat Cluny's horde.

Salamandastron because it is an entire mountain of warriors with the job of withstanding such vermin. Badgers and hares are the toughest warriors in the series. Also, they did manage to defeat them in the actual book, so I guess they can do it again. ;)

Castle Floret would go down very easily IMO. Nagru's horde was able to completely take hold of it easily with minimal resistance. Well, minimal resistance until the Redwallers came and organised one. I don't remember much about the other options. :-\
Received mostly negative reviews.

Leatho Shellhound

No, Castle Floret would have the best chance Because it could only be got to by one side which had a moat and a steep path.
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on December 16, 2012, 05:23:50 AM
Castle Floret would go down very easily IMO. Nagru's horde was able to completely take hold of it easily with minimal resistance. Well, minimal resistance until the Redwallers came and organised one. I don't remember much about the other options. :-\

They were tricked!!!!!! Read the book again, they didn't even know Urgan Nagru had a hord when they let him in.....and then Nagru but a weapon or something of the sort to the kings son making him open the gates!!!

and the redwallers got in by the secret tunnles of the mole!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Captain Tammo

Absolutely Salamandastron! It is the symbol of military strength in the redwall world! Even though it had been broken into more than once, it'd hold a better chance than any other location in my mind
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Kitsune

Guys, calm down. Seeing a lot of this!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....Might lead to yellling at each other.

Romsca

I think Salamandastron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: PluggFiretail on March 07, 2013, 05:09:56 PM
Guys, calm down. Seeing a lot of this!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....Might lead to yellling at each other.

We arn't yelling, we are talking.  ;)
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner