The Quest for Romance: All Ashore!

Started by Rainshadow, November 19, 2012, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

(This thread follows the activity of the rats and the creatures around them, including the ones that stayed behind from the main group)

Avalanche looked around, his gaze sweeping over the small group.  He looked up the trees to high branches, wondering if the vermin were hiding there.  "Where do ye think they are?" he asked to no one in particular.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

BrookSkimmer

(OOC: Just to get this thread moving I'm going to post some redirection... If this doesn't work we can always modify and try something else :D)

BIC:

The group of Redwallers was unable to spot the rats, the darkness making it very hard to track. Most likely the two rats had ventured away from the area. The dawn was just beginning, with the sun tinging the sky and clouds pink. Birds chirped as the sun warmed the earth, evaporating the morning dew.

Chirrup landed amid the Redwallers and cleared his beak. "Ah hem!" He puffed out his feathers and flicked his head this way and that. "I've spotted those two rats. They are quite far from here and appear to be keeping to their own business."

The robin shifted his gaze towards the sea. "I think it is time to reconnect with the others from your group. They may need you when and if they cross bows with the Lashkeel. They set out to sea not two hours ago. You could catch up. There is a small ship docked at the harbor. Your best chance to catch up is to take the ship, and follow after the Freebeasts.  A ship captained by a hare and crewed by Redwallers."

Chirrup waited to see if the Redwall beasts would accept the plan.
______

Grimly lifted his head from where he had slept outside of the "Gilded Duck". He smacked his lips and rubbed his eyes. His head was pounding. The rat tried to stand but staggered and sat back down. He needed to get back to his ship. Just a quick nap first.

Rainshadow

Avalanche nodded his head, turning to the rest of their small group.  "Well," he said, "wot do ye think?  Do ye all wanna go now?"
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Dannflower Reguba

"If there's no chance o' findin' 'em, then of course we should regroup. Any chance of finding the rats?" The otter switched his gaze from one to the other, waiting for suggestions.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BrookSkimmer

The robin piped up. "The rats have gone far from here. You would have trouble catching up to them. I suggest we make for the shore so you can catch up with the other Redwallers."

The group made their way to the shoreline through the rest of the night. When they made it to the docks, a small ship could be seen resting at anchor there.

The robin yawned and spoke to the Redwallers. "If you take this ship, you should be able to catch up to the others."

The Rusty Scallop was not the finest of vessels but it would work to catch up with the Freebeasts.

Rainshadow

Avalanche turned his head, looking at his party members.  "Well, wot do ye think?  Should we take it, mates?"
  He didn't feel very good about stealing a ship, but it was the only way he'd be able to catch up to Tempest.  He wanted to see her badly, and wondered if she was thinking of him.

Dannflower Reguba

Lusiphi furrowed his brow, "I don't see any wisdom in rushing this, they are already out to sea anyway, so it won't get any easier the faster we go. I say we find out who owns the ship first."
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

BrookSkimmer

I don't see any wisdom in rushing this, they are already out to sea anyway, so it won't get any easier the faster we go. I say we find out who owns the ship first.

As Lusiphi was speaking, Grimly staggered into the scene. It was apparent he had consumed too much drink on his previous night. The water rat reeled forward, a sea shanty dribbling from his lips.

Oh I was a salty sea dog once
Don't mistake me fer a mouse
I'll sail the briny ocean deep
an' make the sea me house!

Oh I once tilled the curling waves
an' made a fish me pet
I had to leave 'er out at sea
I miss my fishy yet!

He stopped short of the Rusty Scallop and noticed the Redwall beasts through blurry eyes.

"Whot be ye doin' near me beauty of a ship eh?" He swung a balled fist forward at nobeast in particular. The momentum of the blow caused him to spin around and end up on his rump.

"I'll fight the twelve of ye!"

Rainshadow

Avalanche stared at the rat.  Such a strange, drunken creature.  Avalanche vowed that he would never drink more than one pint of ale in one sitting from that time on.
  "Who are ye ta tell us not to stand on the docks, hmm?"

Something Horrifying

Damyan snorted, clearly unconvinced, and glanced around. The other rat could have a whole crew with him out there, for all Damyan knew.

When he turned back to question Miro again his tone was slightly more diplomatic, but just as suspicious. "Why're you so far from th' sea? I ain't puttin' up the knife 'til you gimme a straight answer." But after a moment's hesitation, he added, "I don't wanna 'ave t' use this, mate..."
SEPULCHRITUUUUUUUUUUU-UUUDE!

Fanfics: Blackness (complete) --- Recovery (in progress)
Art: Art Thread --- MS Paint Redwall

AbbotAlf0805

OOC: Sorry if this isn't right to the story.

BIC: Matthias watched from the woods wondering, 'What are they arguing about? Should I help out? No.. Nobody has ever helped mee so why should I?'
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

Rainshadow

Marin was watching these beasts from a little ways away, hiding behind a tree.  Should she take something from them?  She decided to go ahead and do a little bit of thievery while it was still slightly dark.
  Stepping out of her hiding spot, Marin put her hood up and sneaked along in the undergrowth, getting closer to the group of woodlanders.  She made her way to an otter with brown fur, trying to reach into his pouch.  She knew that she was well hidden because of the ferns she was crouched in, but she had her dagger out, just in case.

Avalanche was staring at the rat, slightly confused.  Suddenly, he felt something at his hip.  He turned to see a grey and white paw trying to find it's way to his coin pouch.  He shouted out in alarm, slapping the paw away.

AbbotAlf0805

Matthias sunck around the edge of the woodline thinking, 'Hello, whats going on here?'
I will lead Redwall Abbey to a golden age of peace through the power of Jesus Christ.

BrookSkimmer

(OOC: This shall not die! These threads need to get completed because I think they are awesome... well, for other reasons too :D)

BIC:

"Who are ye ta tell us not to stand on the docks, hmm?"

Grimly snorted at the question and then hiccuped loudly. His eyes rolled back in his head and he plunked down backwards onto the deck.

Churrup looked about the group.

"How about this for a plan eh? If you don't feel like just taking his ship let's sling the rat aboard and get out to sea. When he comes to we can figure out what to make of him. Either that or leave him here on the docks. We can return his ship later." The robin glanced around. "There's not too many other vessels to choose from here."

Rikkendo nodded, thinking through the possibilities. The robin was right that it wouldn't be in Redwaller form to just steal a ship from somebeast. By the looks of the water rat, the crew of Redwallers could handle him if he turned out to be ornery.

The would be warrior moved forward and knelt down next to the rat. He checked the creatures brow and held a paw to his neck to check his vitals. "I wouldn't be surprised if he sleeps this stupor off for a week! Let's take him aboard and deal with him later."

Rikkendo looked to his Redwall companions. "Somebeast care to help me haul this poor beast aboard?"

Rainshadow

Marin gasped and pulled her hand back.  She shouldn't have tried to pickpocket that otter!  She tried to back up, but she tripped on a root and tumbled to the ground.  Avalanche pinned her down, glancing at his companions.  "Well, are ye gonna 'elp me?"
  He then turned to the mousemaid.  "Wot do ye think ye were doin', tryin' to steal from me?"
  Marin struggled in the strong otter's grip, spitting at him.  "Let go of me, you big bully!"