News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

who would win?

Started by Captain Tammo, July 07, 2011, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

If every one of the main antagonists/villains/warlords/whatever you want to call them fought each other, each with an army of 100 supporting them (can't have unfair advantages due to numbers), who would win and why?
I personally think that Tsarmina (spelling?) would win because she's a merciless fighter and a pretty smart strategist if you ask me, 2nd I'd say would be Badrang, 3rd Ferhago the assassin.

What do you guys think?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Gerbilkit

Tsarmina was insane and vastly overrated. Her success as a villain was more due to nastiness than military prowess.

You need to give more context. Some villains are corsairs, some had fortresses, some had skills in political intrigue, some led powerful campaigns.

If it's just a straight up fight on flat terrain I'd go with Cluny or maybe Ungatt Trunn.
"Sometimes a dagger can reach further than a sword, remember that stoat." - Luke the Warrior

Redwall Musician

Here are my top 3:

Trunn is very probable. He was clever and had great leadership.

Vilaya the Sable Queen was extremely smart.

Gulo is like a one man army, great as a fighter, but not so much as a thinker. Still great!
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Captain Tammo

Yes on a flat battlefield. Nothing to hide behind or anything, just  an all out fight to the last army standing. And this is with the MAIN antagonists, so for example, Clogg would not be included. It's the main villain from each book fighting with an army of 100. The armies of 100 are perfectly matched in everything so nobody has more experienced fighters than another
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

With Tsarmina you could just get an ol' bucket of water and throw it on her.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

sabretache5611

Tsarmina's not necessarily overrated.  fear is a nasty motivator.  her soldiers fear her quite a bit.  well until the end.

Assumptions:
Even though all antagonists are on a battlefield, I don't think they'll immediately got to war on each other.  I mean...if that was all of it, Gulo would probably win cause of his size = fear.  The villains in Redwall are a little smarter than that.  I am still assuming they are all on a flat terrain, but my main assumption is that they won't go kill each other immediately.  So here are my choices.  

My choices (not in order):
1. Swartt Sixclaw
Knowing him, he'd make an alliance with one, poison them, or get rid of them in some way and absorb the rest of the vermin.  Fairly good tactician, he's very charismatic with his own vermin and with other vermin.  Note: he absorbed Boflegg's horde of say what 1000 into his band of what...60?
2. Cluny the Scourge
Really cunning, with good influence = vermin loyal and attracts vermin from other armies.  He was able to turn disadvantage (death of Cheesethief) to an advantage.  Good tactician as well and instills a good amount of fear.
3. Gulo the Savage
One look at him would probably either scare the bad stuff out of the vermin in the other armies or make them join him.  also, Gulo's appearance forces his troops to fight harder.
4. Badrang
He is one cunning stoat.  I mean it.  He held Marshank for god knows how long and played Tramun Clogg like a fiddle, (Okay Badrang did get his [behind] kicked by Felldoh, but prior to that he had prepared a contingency that killed Felldoh, that's good planning...poor felldoh)
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Alessandro Reinares

IDK they all have their weaknesses and strengths

James Gryphon

The most competent/dangerous villains for this kind of fight, I think:

Swartt Sixclaw, just like Sabre mentioned. He may talk like a bumpkin, but this underrated ferret is ruthless and cunning, and very persuasive when he needs to be.

Ublaz Mad Eyes -- because no vermin are immune to hypnosis. The plot might've bailed out Martin II, but it won't protect anyone in this kind of a fight.

Cluny the Scourge, the greatest warlord of all Redwall time and the best, most competent tactician of all of the Redwall villains. His very name inspired fear in the hearts of all; this rat rose from the bottom to the very top and would have what it takes to do it again.

Gabool the Wild might also be a possibility; people might not think much of him, but he's one of the greatest vermin swordsrats of all time, a master manipulator, and, most importantly, doesn't leave any loose ends. Even when his fortress was being stormed, he had a plan to deal with the intruders, and only Martin's supernatural intervention kept the heroes from being killed.
« Subject to editing »

Tiria Wildlough

I think that Damug Warfang would have won, had it not been for Cregga.
:D :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Captain Tammo

Damug was one of my favorites! However I don't think he'd win. also, Yes Gulo is gigantic, but remember, if this was an all out fight (which it is), someone would easily be able to get behind gulo since he would just charge straight in there with no plan other than to kill. Other villains would stay closer to the back to watch and plan what to do and watch each others' strategies. If it was a one on one fight of all of the main antagonists, I'm sure gull would win but that isn't the case.

sabretache5611

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 08, 2011, 02:53:54 AM
The most competent/dangerous villains for this kind of fight, I think:

Swartt Sixclaw, just like Sabre mentioned. He may talk like a bumpkin, but this underrated ferret is ruthless and cunning, and very persuasive when he needs to be.

Ublaz Mad Eyes -- because no vermin are immune to hypnosis. The plot might've bailed out Martin II, but it won't protect anyone in this kind of a fight.

Cluny the Scourge, the greatest warlord of all Redwall time and the best, most competent tactician of all of the Redwall villains. His very name inspired fear in the hearts of all; this rat rose from the bottom to the very top and would have what it takes to do it again.

Gabool the Wild might also be a possibility; people might not think much of him, but he's one of the greatest vermin swordsrats of all time, a master manipulator, and, most importantly, doesn't leave any loose ends. Even when his fortress was being stormed, he had a plan to deal with the intruders, and only Martin's supernatural intervention kept the heroes from being killed.
Oh right i forgot ublaz's hypnosis. he also was a pretty good swordsman in his time, recall his speech to Martin II.  also pretty darn good and manipulating ppl.  Tactically, hes sound as well.  Hed probably match up to my suggested list in tactical skills, but in inspiring fear, i'd say cluny, gulo, Swartt and Tsarmina do a better job of that
Trying to stop me reading Redwall is like trying to separate Sabretache from his sabre.  Basically, don't try.

Felldoh450

How about Badrang vs. Zwilt the shade?????
Go ye into all the world and  preach the Gospel.

Redwall Musician

I forgot Mad Eyes! Totally above Gulo!
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

daskar666

Kurda and Raga Bol would probably die early on...

sabretache5611

Quote from: daskar666 on July 08, 2011, 04:47:26 PM
Kurda and Raga Bol would probably die early on...
LOLZARS yeah kurda from triss would die pretty quickly.  Raga Bol i don't know cause we never actually see him in battle.  I think that Damug would die early.  I mean there's not much special about him and hes a bit small for a rat.