News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

who would win?

Started by Captain Tammo, July 07, 2011, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

In combat talent, I think it's unquestionably Mariel at any point in time, and in skills, by the Bellmaker, I think she definitely takes Triss, even with Martin's Sword. Mariel took on hordes of armed vermin with a rope and came out ahead. There was another beast armed with Martin's Sword who used to hang out with her and he was relegated to sidekick while she did all of the heavy fighting. Beating Princess Pinkeyes isn't really in that same tier.
« Subject to editing »

The Skarzs

Good points.

I guess I just don't want to yield the win to Mariel and her silly weapon. XD
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

Nadaz, voice of the host

My vote goes to Mariel she is definitely the more skilled combatant. By the way her gullwacker is encrusted with sea salt which serves to harden the rope and to further hurt any open wounds.
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Ashleg

Captain Tammo

With that last vote, it looks like the victory here is Mariel's!

New matchup!

@Ashleg do you want to suggest a fight?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Ashleg

Hmm...

Ashleg vs Groddil! Both are crippled advisors.

Captain Tammo

SO BE IT!

New Round!

Ashleg vs. Groddil!

Who would win?!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

Hmm.
Well, Ashleg was a cripple, and Groddil was a deformed dwarf.
Neither were very brave and both abandoned their respective leaders.

I think Ashleg would win if they fought, because I think Groddil was described as being very weak.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

a crumb

Was Groddil ever described as using a weapon or ever fighting?

Ashleg led troops. You'd reasonably expect him to be competent in a fight even if relatively handicapped. We see him using more than one weapon, as well, suggesting proficiency. I wonder if his condition was congenital, or if he was a fighting and leadership-based beast beforehand. In any case, Ashleg has a better ethic here, in that I think he'd be bolder and less scared going into a combat situation. That'd be another leg up for him as it were

The Skarzs

I see what you did there.

Groddil's role was purely as a seer to Ungatt Trunn, nothing else.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Ashleg

I Ashleg was maimed, not born that way.

Steelinghades

Quote from: Ashleg on November 18, 2017, 12:42:33 AM
I Ashleg was maimed, not born that way.

Which along with previous points would suggest he'd had a life of fighting before hand, now of only he's worn armour.

As a side note, groddil was a rat correct?

Ashleg

The Skarzs

He was a fox, maimed, disfigured, and stunted.

Looking back, Ashleg 9.75 out of 10 times.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.