News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Norham (Completed)

Started by Norham Waterpaw, March 06, 2013, 01:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KitrallStreamrippler

She hurried after him, wanting to introduce him to the Friar before any misunderstandings could occur. "Why would you scare the little 'uns? Young creatures don't care what a beast looks like- what they see is how that beast treats them." Impulsively, she patted Vash's paw. "Don't worry- you'll do fine here."
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Quickpaw

"Really? I always thought that they had a natural instinct to hate us." Vash said, feeling a little awkward when she patted his paw. He looked away, his eyes looking at the tapestries on the walls.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

"A natural instinct to hate? Hah. You should hear some of the trouble they get into. Why, only last season two of our Dibbuns went missin'- only to turn up two days later, followin' an old injured hawk. They had gotten out of the abbey, and trailed behind the hawk until he brought them back. He was a fearsome enough creature- almost shredded poor Sister Baypaw when she tried to set his wing." Once they were in Great Hall, Antura could not help pausing a moment to admire the tapestry there. She tipped Vash a wink and pointed to the central figure. "That's Martin the Warrior. He helped build this abbey. I'm sure he would be happy to know that a weasel like yourself could enter Redwall peacefully, as a friend."
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight!

Quickpaw

"He doesn't look like much of an abbey-goer, nor does he look like he takes to kindly to vermin. Are you sure?" he asked her, though he found himself admiring it as well. However, he kept moving towards the kitchen.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura explained Martin's story eagerly. "He came from the northlands, and defeated a wildcat called Tsarmina. Martin was wounded badly, but he survived to help build the abbey. After it was done, he hung up his sword and became a mouse of the order. And one of our laws is to give aid to any creature who needs it, as long as they are not seeking to harm us. That includes all beasts," she finished firmly as they entered the kitchen. It was very busy, as usual, and Antura soon found the harrassed-looking Friar. She introduced Vash, and he was soon set to work. Antura waved and said, "Good luck, Vash! I'll be at the front gate."

Quickpaw

"Okay, you to!" was all he managed to say before he was sent to dice up apples.
I LOVE 80's music.

W0NWILL

Tailli smirked slightly, she had found out all she would need about the group from her spying. They were going into Redwall. She snorted, fools the abbeybeasts were, empathy and sympathy never helped anyone in the long run. She was sitting, cross-legged on a thick branch that connected to a tree growing rather close to the back wall. She looked up into the branches above her head, if she got high enough, she could probably make the jump. She was a squirrel, after all. There must be loads of pies and food in there, they were going to be caught up in the attack, after all. They wouldn't miss a few scones. She began climbing the tree with the agility and skill only a squirrel could have. She reached as high as she could go without breaking the branches. She jumped onto the thin branch below her and used the propulsion like a spring board. She made the wall, barely. She scrabbled a bit for another handhold and was able to pull herself onto the battlements. She smiled morbidly and ran along the wall. She would be able to trick the abbeybeasts into thinking she was one of them. Time to go to above the front gate, she would act like she cared, she would act as if she had emotions. Dibbun's play.
Tailli ran along the wall, ducking, and reached the front gate on the opposite side fairly quickly. She crouched beside Antura, biting her lip as if worried, "What's going to happen? I can't fight!" She asked, a purposeful whimper in her voice.

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: Antura, so you don't get confused later, Tobias is the badger, not the hare.

Norham stared at the odd pair. An otter and a squirell, none of them garbed like the redwallers. He was going to ask them who they were when an arrow thudded in the ground next to his footpaw. He yelled. "You on the walltops, keep your heads down, the archers are back!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riggaeo Starswift was roving in between the ranks of his men, giving advice, giving orders, but all in a low, reserved tone. All the soldiers feared Riggaeo, but they all liked him as a leader too. He knew when they needed a break, without being asked. The beasts did not abuse this privilege at all, all of them were in top shape. Riggaeo spoke to them. "Think of all the fools who have tried to conquer this place, they all had one crucial flaw..."  A young stoat piped up." And what was that, chief?" The stoat suddenly turned pale, thinking he should not have spoken. Riggaeo walked slowly over, and merely patted him on the head. "Good question, but I will tell you, what is your name anyway?" Riggaeo said. The young weasel spoke. "Algemas, sir, my name is Algemas." Riggaeo looked him down, gave him a pat on the back and said. " I like you, you're young, fit, and you ask good questions, come along my new first mate, we have business to speak of. Oh, by the way, my answer to your question." He spoke so all could hear. "Was that their crucial flaw, is that none of them, were ever me."
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Quickpaw

OOC: Lol that's the only thing Cluny did wrong.

BIC: Vash walked out and started to hand out slices of pies. It was his new job, being a distributed. He felt more like a waiter, but he didn't get paid. Not in money, at least. Many of the abbey-dwellers tried to be polite and nice, even though Vash could still tell they didn't like him bear them. Vash walked out into the court yard, seeing Norham and his group. He quickly handed out the pies, trying to not show his face to the group. When he only had two pies left, he sped-walked over to Antura and Tilia to give them the pie slices.
I LOVE 80's music.

KitrallStreamrippler

Antura was reassuring the squirrelmaid who had appeared next to her when she heard somebeast shout that the archers were back. She ducked below the ramparts, pulling the squirrel with her. "You'll be fine- why don't you see if they need some help in the kitchens or infirmary? I'm sure that extra help with the Dibbuns would also be welcome." She saw Vash hurrying over with two slices of pie (OOC: Lol, did you notice that today is pi day- 3.14?) and made the squirrel wait. "By the way, I'm Antura. You must be new here, right? Or maybe I've just been gone that long. What's your name?"

W0NWILL

"Uh, Mabel," Tailli lied, "I am new, picked the wrong time to come, though." She jumped up and took a pie slice from Vash, and ate it as she ran down the wall stairs. Tailli let herself a secretive, triumphant smile as she ate the pie and headed toward the kitchen area. The fool Antura would likely cover for her if she was questioned. She made short work of the pie and was finished when she entered the abbey.

Quickpaw

Vash eyed her warily. He didn't trust that squirrel. He was great at lying, and was decent at knowing when other people were. Vash shook his head. He was probably wrong, he didn't know anything about the squirrel, and he was probably making a stupid assumption. He shook the thought from his mind. "I'm going to go get some food for the soldiers." he told Antura before running off to the kitchen. He stop when an arrow landed infront of him before he kept running. An arrow landed where he was just standing.
I LOVE 80's music.

W0NWILL

Tailli strode into the kitchens, and ignoring the workers, grabbed a scone and scarfed it down. She gasped as the hot pastry burned her tongue and fanned her mouth. She gulped it down and panted to cool her mouth. After her mouth felt good enough, she shut it and brushed the crumbs from her lips and paws.

Quickpaw

Vash walked in and quickly grabbed loaves of freshly baked bread. He cut each into slices and ran out. He avoided the rain of arrows and ran up to the wall. He gave a mouse all the slices and told him to go along the wall and pass them out. The mouse was frightened from suddenly seeing a vermin inside the abbey, but realizing that he was helping, took the bread and did as he was told.
I LOVE 80's music.

Norham Waterpaw

Ooc: sorry for the late reply, just got back from being in our school play, charolette's web.
Lots of fun being in a play! ;)

Norham curiously eyed the odd server of their meal. The "waiter" hurried off with his head bowed, why? Norham wanted to know who it was that served him, and why the secrecy.
His thoughts were interrupted by Jeremias. "Jolly flippin good tucker they have here. Mmfff, thif thrifle iss fery goovd!" He said with his mouth completely stuffed with a woodland trifle. Norham wandered into the great hall to assure everybody to stay inside, to avoid being cut down by the hail of arrows.

Ooc: if you couldn't understand already, Jeremias said " This trifle is very good." With his mouth full. I hope I was clear enough.
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?