News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

"Run like a hare and fight like a Bear..."

Started by Tam and Martin, June 07, 2013, 07:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz_Bumble

Cows can't breath fire. That "magazine" was talking nonsense.  ::)

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 24, 2013, 10:39:46 PM
Cows can't breath fire. That "magazine" was talking nonsense.  ::)
Yes, they can. And the magazine wasn't the only place that I heard it; it was just the thing that I got the details from. I saw a part of something on TV that verified it. The only reason that not many people know about it is because its pretty rare that it ever happens.

Life is too short to rush through it.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Nozin' iz impozzible. Juzt becauze zere are nay fozzilz o' it doeznae mean it never exizted. Zlightly goin' off zubject, it iz pozzible zat ztuff like vot occurz in Ztargate SG-1 could occur. People could 'ave been brought from zome ozer place zat 'ad dragonz, an' vere brought tae Earth. Along ze zame zubject, for aw ve ken zome o' ze fozzilz found vere placed by zome unkenned zource. Vhich makez ye vonder vhether ze eventz in ze Bible might 'ave 'appened on zome ozer vorld an' ze recorded 'iztory o' it vaz brought vith 'umanz back tae Earth.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Buzz_Bumble

Cows cannot breath fire - never have, never will. Whichever you may have read that in is simply lying (and probably also has "real" stories about UFOs, Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, and all the other silly fairy stories).

The only possible way a cow can breath fire is if some moron makes it do so by pumping in a flammable gas and then setting light to it ... and here's the YouTube video that "proves" it.  ;)

Quote from: HeadInAnotherGalaxy on June 24, 2013, 11:33:18 PM
Nozin' iz impozzible. Juzt becauze zere are nay fozzilz o' it doeznae mean it never exizted. Zlightly goin' off zubject, it iz pozzible zat ztuff like vot occurz in Ztargate SG-1 could occur. People could 'ave been brought from zome ozer place zat 'ad dragonz, an' vere brought tae Earth. Along ze zame zubject, for aw ve ken zome o' ze fozzilz found vere placed by zome unkenned zource. Vhich makez ye vonder vhether ze eventz in ze Bible might 'ave 'appened on zome ozer vorld an' ze recorded 'iztory o' it vaz brought vith 'umanz back tae Earth.

::) At least you've got the right nickname.  ;)

rachel25

Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 22, 2013, 01:53:00 AM
Quote from: rachel25 on June 21, 2013, 01:22:21 PM
Quote from: Buzz_Bumble on June 19, 2013, 08:17:37 AM
Quote from: rachel25 on June 18, 2013, 02:19:01 PM
all the skeletons would have been washed away in the World Wide Flood...

And somehow this mythical "world wide flood" managed to leave all the dinosaur skeletons, bigger and smaller than modern man.
there is no need to be rude about other peoples beliefs  >:(

I wasn't trying to be rude ... simply stating an obvious fact.

you know I'm not doing this any more
and how on earth did we get to cows breathing fire  ???

Buzz_Bumble

Bears in Redwall
   ->  mythical animal (as one possibility)
   ->  mythical dragons (fire breathing creature)
   ->  mythical fire breathing cows (urban legend designed to trick "city folk")

The Shade

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 24, 2013, 10:18:07 PM
I have a thing to say about this whole dragon thing:
There weren't dragons in the same since that we may think of them, but it is possible that there was a fire-breathing creature, probably a dinosaur. As some of you may know, it is possible for a cow to breath out fire if it gets a certain type of gas in its stomach (I read it in a magazine once). So, can't there have been some sort of creature that is now extinct that could have breathed out fire? That could mean that some of those old story's about "Dragons" could have been true. They could have encountered this fire-breathing creature. But, as is with most other "mythical" creatures, we can't be absolutely certain of our facts. That all I really have to say on the matter :)

Ya HAD to bring it up again. :P
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: The Shade on June 27, 2013, 08:16:31 PM
Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on June 24, 2013, 10:18:07 PM
I have a thing to say about this whole dragon thing:
There weren't dragons in the same since that we may think of them, but it is possible that there was a fire-breathing creature, probably a dinosaur. As some of you may know, it is possible for a cow to breath out fire if it gets a certain type of gas in its stomach (I read it in a magazine once). So, can't there have been some sort of creature that is now extinct that could have breathed out fire? That could mean that some of those old story's about "Dragons" could have been true. They could have encountered this fire-breathing creature. But, as is with most other "mythical" creatures, we can't be absolutely certain of our facts. That all I really have to say on the matter :)

Ya HAD to bring it up again. :P
I know ;D

Life is too short to rush through it.

The Shade

They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Buzz_Bumble

The "Duck" game started in one of the other areas reminded me that there was similar fan "discussion" about whether or not "ducks" existed in the Star Wars universe because they were mentioned in Episode I: The Phantom Menace. There was no real conclusion to that either. There's also the small black messanger droid in the original Star Wars movie (now renamed Episode IV: A New Hope) which was called a Mouse Droid, but apparently nobody picked that up as a problem.

rachel25

What has that got to do with bears in Redwall  ???  8)

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Osu

Fascinating. Now back on topic, alright, guys? Save the mythical creatures/Star Wars debates for the Cellars.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Buzz_Bumble

I just meant it was another example where something minor is mentioned basically in an off-hand way and the fans go a little nuts trying to "explain" every tiny detail of it rather than accepting it for what it is. It doesn't really matter whether bears existed as real creatures or imaginary creatures, and there will never be any definitive answer, but the the quote is easily understood.