News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Owl City!

Started by Kitsune, June 08, 2013, 03:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maudie

I love Owl City! Adam is my favorite pop artist and Christian singer, too! He has a nice voice, and his songs are generally inspirational. They just kind of pick me up and put me on cloud 8. Yup. They make me feel happy.

"It's just the beginning, it isn't the end."
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Tiria Wildlough

I got Maybe I'm Dreaming for Christmas! ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on December 26, 2014, 10:10:51 PM
I love Owl City! Adam is my favorite pop artist and Christian singer, too! He has a nice voice, and his songs are generally inspirational. They just kind of pick me up and put me on cloud 8. Yup. They make me feel happy.

"It's just the beginning, it isn't the end."

I wholeheartedly agree.  Adam's music is something that I can listen to when I'm down and it's familiar enough that it just lifts my spirits and makes me happy again.  And the fact that he gave away a free song for Christmas is pretty awesome, too.  ^-^  (In case anyone didn't know, he sent out Kiss Me Babe, It's Christmas Time to everyone on his email list before it was on iTunes.  So, yeah, I got it for free, and that was awesome.  ;D)

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on December 27, 2014, 01:39:27 AM

Awesome!  Maybe I'm Dreaming is one of my favourite albums.  :D  *High fives Tiria*
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on December 27, 2014, 01:39:27 AM

Neat!

My sister got me "All Things Bright and Beautiful".
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

Maudie

I am completely OBSESSED!!! Searching Pinterest for Owl City quotes, loving all Owl City songs (okay, except for Galaxies, it is rather repetitive of a phrase I don't appreciate), this guy I know has taken upon him to mentor me in being an Owl City fan, I am staying up late listening to Owl City, man, if I could just go to an Owl City concert I could die happy.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Rainshadow

Quote from: Mask on January 16, 2015, 08:05:35 AM
I am completely OBSESSED!!! Searching Pinterest for Owl City quotes, loving all Owl City songs (okay, except for Galaxies, it is rather repetitive of a phrase I don't appreciate), this guy I know has taken upon him to mentor me in being an Owl City fan, I am staying up late listening to Owl City, man, if I could just go to an Owl City concert I could die happy.

Now you know how I feel.  ;D

Oh, by the way, guys, there's a bunch of random Owl City songs that Iunno if y'all've heard yet:

Listen to What the Man Said

If I Stand

Those are two covers, the first being from The Art of Paul McCartney album, and the second is just a cover he did of Rich Mullins' song; Adam just randomly posted it to SoundCloud a week or two ago.

And these next two are pretty old (October for the two of them, I believe?), but they're two collabs that aren't really part of any album or EP or anything:

You're Not Alone (feat. Britt Nicole)

Tokyo (feat. SEKAI NO OWARI)

Words cannot express how much I like Tokyo and its visualizer.  :D
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

MatthiasMan

Honestly, words can not express how much this music has changed my life. It's something that I just love so much. I've been listening to his music for years, like since 2009. Everyone here has said how much they like his style already and so I guess it would be obvious if I said it, but his music is something that most peoplebdont understand because it's different.

Maudie

*Revive!*
(I'm still inactive, by the way, but I just need to spout out my random Owl City discoveries/thoughts.)

It looks like, from their website, Owl City is planning on releasing a new album in 2015 or 16!!! And there are rumors of a worldwide tour at the end of 2016 which will be FREAKIN' AWESOME if it happens!! I cannot describe my happiness! But I think I'm getting an earache from listening to so much music with headphones, oh well, small price to pay. ;D

My favorite songs (in no particular order):
-Metropolis
-You're Not Alone
-How Deep The Father's Love For Us
-Deer In The Headlights
-This Isn't The End
-Hospital Flowers
-Ummm, aaaand...When Can I See You Again. There we go.

The Mask

Adam looks like Dan Howell.
I am a squirrel, an otter, a mouse, a fox, a stoat, a ferret, a weasel, a wildcat, a hare, a hedgehog, a badger; I am the master of disguises, The Mask.

" I will burn the heart out of you." Moriarty, Sherlock

Cornflower MM

My favorites are (In no [articular order):

Fireflies
Deer in the Headlights
Tokyo ((feat. SEKAI NO OWARI)
When Can I See You Again

LT Sandpaw

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Lady Amber

This topic needs to be revived. Owl City is seriously awesome. ^-^

Here's his latest song for Father's Day:

Ashleg

(SPOILER) Best Owl City song:
Spoiler
[close]

Lady Amber

Jukka the Sling

I'M FREAKING OUT

https://www.backstage.com/casting/owl-city-cinematic-music-videos-187586/

THEY'RE LOOKING FOR A COUPLE OF PEOPLE TO STAR IN SOME OWL CITY MUSIC VIDEOS
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien