AbbeyCraft - The Redwall + Minecraft project

Started by cryptopur, June 20, 2013, 09:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiago

Lutra, those are the graphics within minecraft. Like I said, the custom texture pack will work with some tints to make it more cohesive. So indeed, we will make redish sandstone. However, the map should also look good with the default minecraft texture pack.

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

Shadowed One

The middle one. The others all look to brown, but the middle one looks how I think Redwall would look.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

Dannflower Reguba

Quote from: Shadowed One on July 24, 2013, 12:07:11 PM
The middle one. The others all look to brown, but the middle one looks how I think Redwall would look.

Personally I think the middle ones are too bright, but I also agree that the first IS too brownish.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

LordTBT

Kickstarter supporters should be receiving an important email this evening :)

If you're not sure what to do with the file you downloaded, we wrote instructions for you here:

http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/AbbeyCraft

redwallercaleb

Hey, so what are the copyrights? Am I allowed to make a Redwall game? ???
- This Dude

LordTBT

Quote from: redwallercaleb on August 04, 2013, 05:32:08 AM
Hey, so what are the copyrights? Am I allowed to make a Redwall game? ???

No, you would need to receive official licensing. Soma Games has received this, legally.

cryptopur

REDWALL ABBEYCRAFT : THE CORSAIR'S LAST TREASURE

Redwall AbbeyCraft : The Corsair's Last Treasure
You are a young mouse that has just been accepted as a novice to the famous order of Redwall Abbey. Under the fatherly guidance of Abbott Cedric you begin your training in the healing arts that have made Redwall a place of refuge and sanctuary for all the peace-loving woodlanders of Mossflower Wood.

But a grave danger threatens the lives of all woodlanders and even the celebration of your first day at the Abbey is clouded by news of a dreaded plague – Dryditch Fever.

Entrusted with a desperate mission to solve the riddles of Abbess Vale and find the lost treasure of the feared corsair Deadeye, you must travel the ways and wilds of Mossflower Woods to save the sick molebabe of Lillygrove and stem the spread of the dreaded sickness.

The Corsair's Last Treasure covers an area of roughly 16km2 surrounding the storied walls of Redwall Abbey. The main quest spans over a dozen locations including Gingivere's Farm, St. Ninian's Church, Mossflower Woods and of course a fully realized 3D build of the immense Abbey and its grounds. It additionally includes miles and miles of exploration, secret rooms, hidden treasure and some insane parkour challenges. AbbeyCraft is sure to provide hours of adventure even for the seasoned Minecraft player.

This is the first officially licensed video game project ever created and is a precursor to the upcoming adventure game Redwall: The Warrior Reborn.

The Corsair's Last Treasure is a Minecraft adventure map and you will need Minecraft 1.6 or above to play.
The Minecraft client can be purchased here: http://www.minecraft.net
Directions on how to install an adventure map can be found here:
http://redwall.wikia.com/wiki/AbbeyCraft

Please play and let us know what you think.

Download Redwall AbbeyCraft: The Corsair's Last Treasure now!
Download here: http://adf.ly/Thtur

Shadowed One

Sounds interesting! Will the game be similar, or different?
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

VedCassib

I'm really enjoying AbbeyCraft! For some reason though, the abbey walls are missing a lot of blocks.

cryptopur

VedCassib - make sure you're launching the 1.6 version of Minecraft.
The walls use a lot of the baked clay bricks that are a new block type. If you are running an older version of Minecraft the game wont have the clay blocks in the available inventory.

VedCassib

Ok, thanks! I forgot to update. Time to replay some of it then!

Matthias720

Looks fantstic, cryptopur! I will definitely be playing this later today!

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

redwallercaleb

I'll get minecraft today. i already got abbeycraft! looks cool!
- This Dude