News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Online Redwall

Started by GeminyaTome, July 22, 2011, 08:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminyaTome

Is there anywhere to read Redwall online? I don't always have time to go buy new books, but I'm always wanting a new one!
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

daskar666

Folgrimeo

No online (legal) methods that I know of. You can order books off Amazon though (the paperbacks are real cheap, $6 or $7), have them delivered to your house. Or buy e-book versions from the Kindle store if you have an Amazon Kindle.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

You can read from electronically using a Kindle, but that's the limit.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Lutra

Supposedly there's a program for the computer that takes Kindle downloads; I remember Amazon trying to get me to download it and try it out.  Still would have to pay for the book, and I don't know many that can stare at a computer screen for hours like that.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Astral

It's easy to torrent the copies but it's horrid to read. There giant 100mb PDF's. I read books because I won't to get of this PC and almost all libraries have Redwall books, if they don't you can ask them to request it for you (from a different location, there's normally a charge of like £0.99, but that really is nothing). Trust me reading books from a PC screen, takes away all the comfort. And you'd probably get a book from a library faster than attempting to download it.

I prefer, to get the book and sit in a sofa or in my bed and read it. Plus having to scroll through hundreds of pages on a single PDF is all the more annoying.
"Violence can only be concealed by a lie, and the lie can only be maintained by violence."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I agree with Astral.

I always get headaches if I stare at a screen for a number of hours. I can't read a book under those circumstances.
And then there's Borders. *sniff*
I'm annoyed, they're closing because apparently "EVERYONE" is using the Kindle.
I don't have the time (and for that matter, the money) to use one of those things.

Lutra

My mother apparently loves her Kindle.  Can't say I'd ever buy one or use one.  I have too many "hard" copies of books I haven't even read yet.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Osu

Everybody I know with a Kindle likes it, but I actually enjoy having the physical book in my hand. Maybe if it were a text book I'd be more open to the idea, but as it is this user doesn't see the point in a battery powered book.

ToR, you say Borders is closing due to the Kindle? I wanted to cry when I read about their dilemma, but.... okay, I suddenly despise that kindle doohickey. A lot.  >:(
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

The economy can be somewhat responsible, but yeah, eBooks are "everything" now.

Lily

I have a kindle. I do prefer real books, but I live in Japan at the moment and if I'd kept buying books I wouldn't have been able to get them home. I know I can leave them here, but I get rather attached to my books and like to re-read them. I love the kindle for travelling and for situations like mine, but I still prefer the real thing. I love the smell of books. If I ever get my own house I want a library. ;D

Redwall Musician

Real book are way better then e-books or whatever they are called. Going to the library, trying to decide which book to get next. People looking at you because you picked a very big book. Holding the book close to you on your way out. I love real books. It's just a different feel then a screen.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: Redwall Musician on July 25, 2011, 01:18:48 AM
Real book are way better then e-books or whatever they are called. Going to the library, trying to decide which book to get next. People looking at you because you picked a very big book. Holding the book close to you on your way out. I love real books. It's just a different feel then a screen.

Yeah, very true. I love going to the library or bookstore and doing that.
It's actually one of my favorite things to go and do, now I think about it.

Lily

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 25, 2011, 01:19:50 AM
I used to hang out in book stores when I was younger. My parents owned a shop so when I was stuck there with them I'd go to the book store and browse. I still like to do that!

Osu

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on July 25, 2011, 01:19:50 AM
Yeah, very true. I love going to the library or bookstore and doing that.

Quoted because I do, too. Poor Borders. :c

And I didn't think of the easier transportation reason - there is a real use to ebooks after all! :)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.