Scary or Disconcerting Moments in Redwall

Started by MeadowR, August 30, 2013, 03:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shade

Quote from: rusvulthesaber on November 10, 2013, 10:28:07 PM
How about every single scene with Gulo or any of his cannibal army. Freaks me out as much as anything. Rakkety Tamm is the only Redwall book I actually dislike.
That actually one of the reasons I like Rakkety Tam. It adds a much sharper thrill to the book. Like imagine if they had been caught, they would have probably been eaten.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: The Shade on November 11, 2013, 11:06:54 AM
How about every single scene with Gulo or any of his cannibal army. Freaks me out as much as anything. Rakkety Tamm is the only Redwall book I actually dislike.
That actually one of the reasons I like Rakkety Tam. It adds a much sharper thrill to the book. Like imagine if they had been caught, they would have probably been eaten.
I know, it sort of makes the bad guys REALLY bad and makes it MUCH more inportant not to be caught by them.

Life is too short to rush through it.

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 11, 2013, 03:27:51 PM
I know, it sort of makes the bad guys REALLY bad and makes it MUCH more inportant not to be caught by them.
Yeah - in most other books, if you got caught by vermin they wouldn't slay you straight off, and there's a minute chance of escape. With Gulo's army...not happening.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on November 12, 2013, 02:03:23 AM
Yeah - in most other books, if you got caught by vermin they wouldn't slay you straight off, and there's a minute chance of escape. With Gulo's army...not happening.
Yep...scary!

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on November 12, 2013, 02:15:10 AM
Yep...scary!
I guess the one funny thing about it is that you can scare Araltum and Idga!
Tam: "If we don't return, you'll know the vermin have slain and eaten us."
Idga: *faints*
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

Leatho Shellhound

Quote from: WildDoogyPlumm on November 12, 2013, 02:34:41 AM
I guess the one funny thing about it is that you can scare Araltum and Idga!
Tam: "If we don't return, you'll know the vermin have slain and eaten us."
Idga: *faints*

Haha nice!
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

JangoCoolguy

Just about any scene with Asmodeus in the first book, especially the parts in the quarry.

Slagar's speech to the freshly captured kids (especially in the Show) in Mattimeo

When we first meet Gulo in Rakkety Tam

The scenes in Triss when the Hydra Siblings are an unknown terror (heck, any scene with them)

Razzid Wearat in The Rogue Crew

The first time Jacques describes the Doomwyte cavern

The scene in The Sable Quean where the kids first escape and are in the cave with that eel.

Faiyloe

Actualy I thought that someone was captured in that book and then tam rescued them in the second half of the book.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

WildDoogyPlumm

Quote from: Faiyloe on November 16, 2013, 02:39:51 PM

Actualy I thought that someone was captured in that book and then tam rescued them in the second half of the book.
Yeah, but they were going to die in just a few hours.

The Shade

Did it say they were goin to be eaten? I can't remember.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ungatt Trunn

WildDoogyPlumm

Ungatt Trunn

Jetthebinturong

I agree with a lot of these but I also found Blodd Apis' death unsettling, not that it happened but Brian actually described her trying to crawl away and how Foremole or whoever it was watched the whole thing. It wasn't creepy or frightening but it seemed out of place in this series.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on November 17, 2013, 10:51:09 PM
I agree with a lot of these but I also found Blodd Apis' death unsettling, not that it happened but Brian actually described her trying to crawl away and how Foremole or whoever it was watched the whole thing. It wasn't creepy or frightening but it seemed out of place in this series.
I don't remember that scene...what Redwall book was it in?