News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The AbbeyCraft Minecraft Server is open...now what?

Started by cryptopur, January 16, 2014, 01:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bionerd314

Multiverse essentially allows you to create a new world while staying in a server, so if I made a superflat world I could build a huge blow-up of the tapestry and the capture it using maps and bring it to the redwall abbey world.
Mangiz "I wil not stand here and be insulted by this hedgepig!"
Ambrose Spike "Than stand somewhere else and I'll insult you there!"

The Guosim is EPIC!!
So is Timbalisto!!
And math, science, biology, shushi, chocolate, minecraft, moles, Charles Darwin, the Galapagos, and a whole lot of other

LordTBT

Quote from: Bionerd314 on July 14, 2014, 10:13:47 PM
I think the abbey looks amazing, but I was hoping for something totally different regarding the gameplay. All you can do right now is build, and I was expecting a place where you could select a kit (ex. Shrew mouse ...) and custom spawned "vermin" zombies. I was hoping each kit would have something special like cellerhogs taping barrels and squirrels climbing trees.

If you think this is not possible in the slightly limited medium of minecraft, I know for a fact that I could easily make those things and MUCH more using only command blocks and other minecraft blocks/redefine components.

That would be very unlikely, because Mr. Jacques was very much against the idea of a "squash the rat" (e.g. kill baddies) type game.

Also, the tapestry isn't there intentionally.

Bionerd314

As an alternative to fighting vermin hordes, you could place hidden books in the abbey that contain riddles. After finding the books and solving the riddles, players would quest to a certain place to get something and bring it back to the abbey for rewards (like fishing rods or boats to cross rivers). Along the way you could encounter obstacles like pike shoals or pit traps. This would be almost as fun as fighting vermin and surviving sieges and you wouldn't be killing mobs or players. (I would still include kits though).

I am also willing to help with terra forming
Mangiz "I wil not stand here and be insulted by this hedgepig!"
Ambrose Spike "Than stand somewhere else and I'll insult you there!"

The Guosim is EPIC!!
So is Timbalisto!!
And math, science, biology, shushi, chocolate, minecraft, moles, Charles Darwin, the Galapagos, and a whole lot of other

Gonff the Mousethief

I am currently working on a texture pack for redwall. Maybe Cryptour will take look!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

SilentSam

*sigh* I tried to get on, but I couldn't. It says it needs to be updated. :( :'(
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Izeroth

That means you need to downgrade your Minecraft. (That is, go back to 1.7.10)

Luther of Redwall

I think I'm too lazy because I couldn't find the IP anywhere.
Life is fair because it is unfair to everyone.

SilentSam

Quote from: Izeroth on November 16, 2014, 02:14:03 AM
That means you need to downgrade your Minecraft. (That is, go back to 1.7.10)
How would I do that?
;D~~~~Silent~~~~Sam~~~~Squirrel~~~ ;D
HEHE!

I AM SAM ;D
Cicha sam jest najlepszym redwall znaków!

Izeroth

On the minecraft launcher, click on your profile, and then click on what version you are, and change it.

VedCassib

Quote from: Luther of Redwall on November 29, 2014, 04:30:56 AM

Here you go!    redwallserver.somagames.com:25638

You can find the link to it on their kickstarter page under the AbbeyCraft update.

Hickory

I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Wylder Treejumper

I've been on... no one gets on and no work has been done for months. I'm disappointed with Soma. They have really fallen down on the job.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

VedCassib

Quote from: Wylder Treejumper on December 03, 2014, 05:43:33 PM
I've been on... no one gets on and no work has been done for months. I'm disappointed with Soma. They have really fallen down on the job.

Did you see their update from a few months ago? It gives a little explanation.
http://www.somagames.com/somaniloquy/2014/09/09/overdue-redwall-update/

I'd much rather have quality over speed. As for AbbeyCraft, I was never really expecting it to be a major project with lots of bells and whistles. And I don't really want it to be. It's fun to play, but I'd rather have them focused on The Warrior Reborn.

Luther of Redwall

Quote from: VedCassib on December 03, 2014, 05:12:03 AM
Quote from: Luther of Redwall on November 29, 2014, 04:30:56 AM

Here you go!    redwallserver.somagames.com:25638

You can find the link to it on their kickstarter page under the AbbeyCraft update.
Thank you!!!
Life is fair because it is unfair to everyone.

FastFang

I hope I'm not doing anything necro here but I just visited that old server in 1.7.2

This is beautiful... And it feels like a post apocalyptic scene...

seriously everything is a little griefed, not too much, I had to take a little food in some chests (not all of course I'm not a thief :P)

If I was experienced with videogame commenting I would make a survival series based of a dead mossflower.

It isn't that sad, some flowers are still untouched

also, first post, hi.
google translate saved my life!