News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

Forbidden Truce ~ Chapter One Bloodied Families

Started by Faiyloe, March 11, 2014, 11:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faiyloe

Garvina heard the warning and saw The otter coming at her. She flipped upside down and then swung on to the branch below them. 
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Cornflower MM

Rusvul

Voxx quickly drew a knife, and with the flick of a grapneled rope, he tethered himself to the branch he stood on by his belt. He jumped as far off as he could, sideways, so that he would swing past Garvina. Should he miss his strike with the knife, he could always turn and make another pass. He narrowed his eyes, and tucked his arm, in the perfect position to slash the squirrel.

Faiyloe

As soon as Garvina landed on her feet she drew her sword and glancing up she saw what he was up to. She only had moments to react and slashed at the rope as he passed.

Harv watched from his place in the tree with his cross bow aimed at the otter yet he couldn't shoot for fear of hitting Garvina.   

Rusvul

Voxx guessed that she might do that. The rope was intended to withstand quite a lot of punishment, though, and so it held. Barely. Voxx knew he could not hang by a single fiber for more than a few seconds. He attempted to use his momentum and few seconds of tether to backflip up onto the limp his grapnel had latched on to- but his momentum was not enough, and he saw himself flying head first at Garvina. Time seemed to slow around him- It occurred to him that he would likely die- fifty feet without a tether is a long way to fall. Resolute that his death would count for something, he somehow managed to swing his body round so that should he impact in to Garvina, he would do so foot first. He lost his sense of calm, and time seemed to resume its normal course. He saw his feet rushing towards a startled squirrel, and he tightly shut his eyes, preparing for the probable impact.

Faiyloe

Garvina thinking fast (like always) dropped her sword and it clattered down threw the breaches towards the ground. She now had both paws free. She wrapped her arm tightly around an adjacent branch and with her other paw grabbed for the otter hoping to stop his fall. He may wish her dead but she was not the same.   

Rusvul

Voxx fell directly in to Garvina's outstretched arm. He nearly tumbled off the branch regardless, however he did manage to catch his balance. He wiped sweat from his brow and shuddered. "You did not take my life. No, more than that. You preserved it. Why? You know I likely would not have done the same for you or yours."

Faiyloe

"We are not barbarians we are royalty and we must act so even among said company. Fighting is one thing but death is quite another. I will not be reasonable for your death. The repercussions would be unthinkable," She said

OOC: You can attack her again if you want. 

Rusvul

"If you will not slay me, then I cannot slay you. I have no wish to, and I never did, however I will do what I must to defend my House. Though I must warn you, if you continue to saw at the dam, I will be forced to fight you. I have no wish to do so. Go in peace."

Faiyloe

"You call that peace! Three barns have been burnt down buy your lot! One of which had an entire villages food supply in it!" 

Rusvul

"We had no choice! The militia from those villages had to be silenced. We tried to be diplomatic, but that is difficult when the militia murders your representatives."

The Skarzs

Zuzucath had been wandering around for a while, looking around aimlessly for something to do. Then he came across the dam; many creatures were there. He giggled insanely. "How much fun will Zuzucath have? Lots and lots of fun, yesss!" He crouched in the bushes behind them, pulling out a blowpipe. He sang a nonsensical song quietly as he put the pipe to his lips. "One go pop, one go flop. How many dead, shot in the head? Great fun time, when you have spine. Many go bye, after they die!" He blew two darts at them.

OOC: You can blame each other if you want, or try to catch him.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Faiyloe

" I promise you that we did not touch you men! I will..." Garvina Stopped and felt a pain in her neck she reached back and puled out a dart. She held tightly to a branch and her vision started to blur. "Quick tie me to the tree,... I... I've been drugged," She managed to say fighting to stay awake.

Cornflower MM

Bryony decided to check on the mercenary squirrelmaid, and she peeped in and saw that she was on the bed, out like a log. A log with a twitchy right leg. She shrugged, and managed to get the tub out quietly, not waking Arya. After that, she thought she'd go to the Infirmary, just to see if the Sister knew what was going on. Bryony was hungry all the time, and so sleepy! She went in, and described her symptoms. Five minutes later, she was walking out with a huge smile on her face. She decided that Garvina would be the first to know, since her husband was away. Well, she could always write a letter! She went back to her gatehouse post, still ridiculously happy.

Rusvul

Voxx's eyes widened, as he saw and heard another dart whiz right by his ear. He unwound a rope from his waist, and bound Garvina to the branch, with a long distance of slack. "Try to lower yourself to the ground- Should you fall, you'll land about five feet above the ground." He jumped to another branch, closer to the ground, and then another. He finally dropped to the ground, and, with a roll, he ran in the direction the dart had come from. Dodging, ducking, and weaving, he caught a glimpse of a mangy creature with a blow gun hiding in the bushes. He dodged behind a tree and called out, "It's savage looking- Covered in blood. I don't think we can reason with this one."